Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Established Places on the Map

Looking at that map they gave us (not going to re-post it), there are a bunch of names to places on it. Does that mean the place is already built, or do you have to build it by leveling up a node? This does not correlate. So if the places are already named, then all you have to do is occupy it and level it up? It seems as though the map was created because MMO's have maps. There is a bit of ambiguousness to this canon and the way the node system works, from what I can fathom.
qcUF6dI.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What do you mean with "named places"? On which map? If you mean the apoc map, then that has no real connection with the mmorpg map, except for the assets used.
    The only things that we currently know about the mmorpg mp is the placement of the divine gateways and their correlating nodes. (One gateway has two nodes, one gateway for each race and one node for each race subspecies)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    The small BR maps have names posted because they are places of interest that we will find in the MMORPG.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jahlon wrote: »
    The small BR maps have names posted because they are places of interest that we will find in the MMORPG.

Source?
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    The ingeniousness of this community is absolutely astounding:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/43996/verra-map-analysis#latest
    qcUF6dI.jpg

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Jahlon can go back and source it for @col but I remember the same. The assets used in the BR were stated to be static poi from the game map all smushed together. Nodes will change based on their level and player agency, but there are also static areas that will be on the map as points of interest for discovery. The node areas were named by Intrepid due to player activity I will link below.
    4f3c6e922805af62d543dbe01c918e0f.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey, I meant to type “Peninsula” and had a typo, so sue me. :(

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    WoT take Graven.
    You have our thanks.
    qcUF6dI.jpg