Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The new Cosmetics o.O

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Okay this may just be my opinion, but they have just pushed out the best cosmetics ever. xD
article_assets_JPEG.jpg
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    agreed
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Right?? I don't buy cosmetics. I don't care what my character looks like. Most games I hit a randomize button until I see something reasonable, then just roll with it...

Having said that, I feel like I have to buy these. They are too damn sexy to pass up
  • Options
    They are technically tentacle necromancers, and i think that is something that you should be able to expand upon for necromancer pets later ingame.

Maybe give them differend skins:
    Woodland - corrupted trees, mushroom infected corpses etc (see last of us)
    Desert - Skelletons etc (see Warhammer)
    Sea - Tenatcle C'thulu corpses
    Swamp - Ghouls
    Mountain - little bloodthirsty gnome corpses (i mean garden gnomes with razorsharp teeth)
    Grassland - undead animals (wolves etc)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    just give me everything
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I should open up my good old undead folder and see what I have ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Intrepid: *releases new Necromancer skins*
    Nagash: *sigh* "Here we go again." *pulls out wallet*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

I said not another dime until A1 was playable...

...but ....

.... i may have to just bend my statement a bit
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options

I play Warhammer for me this is small change :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think this will be the first set i buy every piece from.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is way too tempting
  • Options
    £90 is a lot for skins but I still got it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Guess I'm the oddball, but necro is not my thing, so I guess I won't have to worry about spending any money this month.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Jahlon wrote: »

I said not another dime until A1 was playable...

...but ....

.... i may have to just bend my statement a bit

I'm actually in a similar situation.

I don't even look at the cosmetics, generally speaking. This isn't the aesthetic I usually go for either.Yet I can't help but feel I'll be disappointed if I don't buy all of these.
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    T Elf wrote: »
    Guess I'm the oddball, but necro is not my thing, so I guess I won't have to worry about spending any money this month.
    Not even for the glory of CHAOS HORSE!?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Not even for the glory of CHAOS HORSE!?
    orfoia6fvsw21.png

a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    I bought it. Probably a lot of them will be, so a lot of them will walk around like this - which makes the whole thing a bit less cool. Same procedure as every year. B)
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Godbrithil wrote: »
    I bought it. Probably a lot of them will be, so a lot of them will walk around like this - which makes the whole thing a bit less cool. Same procedure as every year. B)

Yeah but think about it this way: We will all know who was here first. Other people wont be able to buy them later on. Everyone will know that those in these cosmetics will be one of the first to believe in Ashes.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I'm really tempted to get the costume and kinda want the horse. I don't really like cloaks or pets and could live without the boat and tower. They look like Sauron's tower or a Flying Dutchman-esque ghost ship to me.
  • Options
    Corpier wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to get the costume and kinda want the horse. I don't really like cloaks or pets and could live without the boat and tower. They look like Sauron's tower or a Flying Dutchman-esque ghost ship to me.

The boat looks like a shark spirit is possessing it xD

I am probably going to get the puppy, horse and armor skin. Debating on whether or not to get the cloak though. It would be awesome for a rogue.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I got the dog and the cloak. You aren't alone in the "meh, necromencers" thing though.
  • Options
    <3 glad you all are liking what you see this month - coming up with this theme was a blast! It totally wasn't because I want to wear all of these myself ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

No your not the only one just not my style so keep my cash but they do look fantastic and glad others love them as more sales is good for Intrepid.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited March 2020
    I don't play necro, but I like how the energy glow is red instead of the cookie-cutter green. Gives it a feeling of power.
  • Options
    It’s edgy and I love it, more spikes, more bones, more red and black evil looking flair!
  • Options
    Ravudha wrote: »
    I don't play necro, but I like how the energy glow is red instead of the cookie-cutter green. Gives it a feeling of power.

And whats wrong with green?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

One word: greenskins
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Nothing wrong with green, but red or violet look more menacing. There were casestudies about the extended influence of colors on prison inmates, inmates in rooms that were colored green or blue were half as aggressive then their normal behaviour, while people in red rooms were twice as aggressive then normal.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Nothing wrong with green, but red or violet look more menacing. There were casestudies about the extended influence of colors on prison inmates, inmates in rooms that were colored green or blue were half as aggressive then their normal behaviour, while people in red rooms were twice as aggressive then normal.

They also found pink made them less aggressive.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One

There have been similar colour-related studies done in games. Red vs Blue is a real thing, and it does make a difference to the way you play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31K6jammH0
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

One word: greenskins

true
    nJ0vUSm.gif