Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes & Freeholds Only?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Absolutely superb MMO / PVE walk through by the Team. They talked about building nodes with Freeholds to come. But are there more ‘construction’ activities of buildings that characters can engage in?

As example, I want to build a small pier for my boat off from my node or freehold. Sure, node development could include building a seaport. Can we do that independently? Moreover, what if I want to build a strong point, like an observation / listening post or indeed a deer stand, can we do that? This could be a mechanism for defeating a zerg. These things can provide flexibility in game and are fun. Or conversely, can trade-craft build sections of pickets and towers (as example) and place them on-top of the landscape. Right now, I see freeholds and nodes as modes that are the two construction options.

If everything is tied to node development - then so be it. It may be nice for a competing node to wander into an adversaries territory and plant a mote & bailey. Skafftaruss cried out, 'oh the arrogance and audacity of these irreverent PVPers to invade my safe space!' Notice the humor & poke?

Perhaps developers will consider this in the future as a third method to construct. Suggestions or updates are appreciated. Superb update by Intrepid. Thanks again. Have fun.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Independent players wont be able to build buildings in a node.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Independent players wont be able to build buildings in a node.

Except for in-node housing. Players can build those.
    Absolutely superb MMO / PVE walk through by the Team. They talked about building nodes with Freeholds to come. But are there more ‘construction’ activities of buildings that characters can engage in?

As example, I want to build a small pier for my boat off from my node or freehold. Sure, node development could include building a seaport. Can we do that independently? Moreover, what if I want to build a strong point, like an observation / listening post or indeed a deer stand, can we do that? This could be a mechanism for defeating a zerg. These things can provide flexibility in game and are fun. Or conversely, can trade-craft build sections of pickets and towers (as example) and place them on-top of the landscape. Right now, I see freeholds and nodes as modes that are the two construction options.

If everything is tied to node development - then so be it. It may be nice for a competing node to wander into an adversaries territory and plant a mote & bailey. Skafftaruss cried out, 'oh the arrogance and audacity of these irreverent PVPers to invade my safe space!' Notice the humor & poke?

Perhaps developers will consider this in the future as a third method to construct. Suggestions or updates are appreciated. Superb update by Intrepid. Thanks again. Have fun.

Everything is tied to Node Development if its in the Node, however, there are things you can build at your freeholds. You can build your own private crafting stations, which may or may not include the ability to build your own dock for your own boat projects.

You could turn your freehold into an observation point by building one of the towers that we have seen.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You cannot build anything in the node other than a Freehold (using blueprints). Even the in-node housing is set (since it moves and changes as the node levels). You can decorate, but not build your own designs.
  • Options
    Something to consider in the future, maybe for an expansion or a completely other game.

Given the load they have to work through already though, I'd say they'll stick to the to-do list they got right now haha.
    Amicus Mourchaux

Guardian of the Kingdom of Tyria.