Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player Collision Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    leonerdo wrote: »
    Leiloni wrote: »
    TERA did player collision as well and it worked really well. Glad to see it here - I think it adds a lot of good to a game.

It only has collision with enemies though.

No it definitely has player collision outside of safe zones, or at least it did when I played and that would be a very strange thing to change.
  • Options
    LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think they showed player collision in the alpha 1 preview if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lalli wrote: »
    I think they showed player collision in the alpha 1 preview if I'm not mistaken.

they did
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Sarevok wrote: »
    Activate player collision outside safe areas. While inside, disable player collision and unmount players when entering buildings. If the town is under siege then player collision is enabled.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this way.

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would rather not have collision perhaps with the exception of sieges. Generally, I think it's a PITA.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    I think it would be cool to see a bunch of tanks all lined up with shields ready to take on a charging enemy, preventing them from just passing through and charging for the throne room (after taking the gate) during a siege to take the victory without a fight.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think player collision is a must have in any good PvP game.

It requires a different mindset to make work. People are going to be naturally spread out so I highly doubt it'll be much of a issue.
  • Options
    Ventharien wrote: »
    leonerdo wrote: »
    The only reason to have it is immersion, but most of the "immersive" interactions will just be frustrating.

But you don't think it will be immersive? And i feel like alot would simply be solved by easily implimented things, like multiple clerks, bankers etc. and also not making the 'Capitols' the only place you ever want to be. Trying to avoid situations like thunderbluff and silvermoon in wow.

So your opinion is that CD will force PvE people to spread out instead of congregate at one point.
    Just like it does in PvP.
    Or heaven forbid, come back later when it is a more quiet time with less people to choke access.
    Just imagine if you had to queue and be given quests in a sequential manner too, rather than parallel :)

For me its essential for PvP as shield walls, denail of access, choking, funneling and effectively managing AoE radius of effect.
    This is situational/environmental awareness/impact, that enables tactics outside of simply playing whack-a-mole. I think choking/funneling is a necessity for effective zerg busting too. Then there is the literal controling the battelfield of open field warfare.

I think there may also be a roleplay intimidation game play argument to it as well.
    Deliberately bumping people outside of dualing that are considered in-game antagonists, if not outright enemies. Maybe instigating AI guard intervention if within range.