Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

April_2020.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Thursday, April 30 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you next week for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
community_management.gif

Comments

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Yay! Just answer Jahlon's question.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    You have mentioned Castle Regions (static) and Zones of Influence (flexible) but can you go into more details about Economic Regions?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited April 2020
    Can we expect a reticle (like in APOC) which would be tied to the mouse movement in Alpha 1 or will it be added later on (A2 perhaps)?
    signature.png
  • Is it possible to make in-game money from your freeholds etc, say for example I wanted to run an inn/pub in game as a sort of hang out area for people on the server.
  • PachaPacha Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    About the chat system in the game. Will we have different commands like in most successful MMOs to roleplay (as in /e to make a text emote(example: /e drops on coin on the counter and pulls up a stool, "One mug of mead, please." he'd say to the bartender. would appear as your character's name and that text in one continuous line instead of [name] says: or [name] yells:))?
  • IshkaIshka Member
    edited April 2020
    Does weapons have different range among themselve for melees like (greatsword/dagger) and ranged (magic/bow); if so is there any equipements/skills that can (reduce/extend) it ?
  • SoloriumSolorium Member
    edited April 2020
    In regards to character customization, it was stated that the initial goal was to allow characters to appear like their class; will Elves be able to appear bulky and tanky or will they be 'sleek' and agile as designed in other MMO's and media?

I just wanna play a big, bearded, battle axe wielding elf.

PS Keep up the great work! Hope you all are safe during this crisis.
  • CorpierCorpier Member
    edited April 2020
    I hope the team is staying safe and healthy. Also hoping that working from home isn't getting in the way of making solid progress, and looking forward to more Alpha 1 footage.
  • basvisionbasvision Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will there be special tank animations, as seen in roman legion formation or gladiators with shields? More subtle as an option than the action combat style?
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    Regarding the character suite (pre-release CC), I'm not full sure exactly what all comes with that, I do however know that it was discussed. I guess my question is, "Characters we create in the suite will be able to be transferred to the main game and assuming that is the case, what will we need to do (if anything) to make that happen? Also assuming that this is where the name reservations will come into play?"
  • WingydingyWingydingy Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    With all the chaos going on with the pandemic, how has this affected your timelines? Is everything still going as planned?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Did you take any inspiration from games/books for the lore of ashes of creation and if yes what?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Will there be wieldable banners in the game? (Like in Guild Wars)
    Either summonable through skills or as a an ordinary weapon you can buy and own.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 2020
    Are you hiring for voice actors? If yes, how does one submit a sample?
    fNX2ISa.png

• MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Considering the immense size of Verra, is it feasible to fill every node with deep, narrative quest-lines? Or will the quests mostly just contribute to EXP/Loot grinding and Node building?
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • StaggeronStaggeron Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Would Management ever consider doing a "So you missed a Skin month..." ?
    Maybe a poll could be put up to see what the Community thinks?

[EDIT]
    Locke had a great idea and I want to give them credit.
    Hold a sale of previous Skins and donate the proceeds to a Charity Organization fighting Covid-19.
    Or feed First Responders, ie. Local Hospital\Fire Station, lunch\dinner.
    [EDIT]

I can see where some would be dead set against it, but I wanted to ask and worst case is Management and\or Community says no and that's not a problem.

I know for myself that I missed a few, due to unforeseen financial obligations, and suspect I am not the only one.
    If Community and Management agree, just do each full pack not picking out individual pieces?
    It would be an opportunity to generate some additional income without having to create new artwork.

(Puts on Fire Retardant Suit - "Don't burn me to Ashes for asking" :o )

#AshesAgainstCovid-19
    #IntrepidAgainstCovid-19
    #GamersAgainstCovid-19
  • LockeLocke Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Will only those that chose Cleric as their Primary Class be able to Heal? Are you eliminating the possibility of someone who has chosen Cleric as their Secondary Class to take on any kind of Healing role? Thank you.
  • LockeLocke Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Staggeron wrote: »

I can see where some would be dead set against it, but I wanted to ask and worst case is Management and\or Community says no and that's not a problem.

I know for myself that I missed a few, due to unforeseen financial obligations, and suspect I am not the only one.
    If Community and Management agree, just do each full pack not picking out individual pieces?
    It would be an opportunity to generate some additional income without having to create new artwork.

Under general circumstances I am quite positive the answer would be an unyielding no. These were advertised as limited time, and Intrepid has not given any indication of doing otherwise. (Though some would argue that due to the Summer Backers promotion.)

Sadly, these are not normal times. Considering the pandemic if Intrepid was willing to donate all proceeds from sales of these to an organization fighting Covid-19, I believe most would be willing to get behind that. Though, even then, there would be some against it regardless.
  • EtalimEtalim Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi,

Will bosses and bigger/"senior" monsters give a visual representation of their degradation while fighting? Ie. weapons and armour break, wounds appear etc.

And if yes, would this occur on a regular basis, or will it just be unique to certain monsters?

Thanks.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • StaggeronStaggeron Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Locke wrote: »
    Staggeron wrote: »

Under general circumstances I am quite positive the answer would be an unyielding no. These were advertised as limited time, and Intrepid has not given any indication of doing otherwise. (Though some would argue that due to the Summer Backers promotion.)

Sadly, these are not normal times. Considering the pandemic if Intrepid was willing to donate all proceeds from sales of these to an organization fighting Covid-19, I believe most would be willing to get behind that. Though, even then, there would be some against it regardless.

Believe me I totally get it, that's why I mentioned a Poll.

Doing it for a Charity Organization, now that's a great idea I can certainly get behind! :D
  • Quinny_WinnyQuinny_Winny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    April_2020.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Thursday, April 30 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you next week for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Question - Will the Ashes MMO feature the same over the top character movement as Apocalypse or will we have a more traditional slower movement.

Also what was the reason Apocalypse diverged from the MMO or what have you learned from it?
  • AndrewFrAndrewFr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For an interesting freebie question, what is something the team has been working on recently that their really excited for, but haven't gotten a chance to talk about yet?
  • MyakuMyaku Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the Alpha 1 Pre-view (which was amazing) you showed an open-world dungeon which is interesting, but we will be getting more instanced content such as more traditional dungeons/raids? This way we can do fun content without competing with others for tagging/loot.
  • Is it possible for someone who is not using the treasure hunting profession to accidentally find treasures or is it designed that they won't be visible to someone unless they have the profession or are carrying a map or something.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What will happen to stored materials or goods in nodes, in banks or such things, after a successful node siege and destruction? Or what are some thoughts you guys have if it's not a sure thing yet?
  • snutsnut Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Given that the world is entirely affected by nodes, how do you foresee expansions/patches to add content? Will more nodes and zones be added? Will you have separate landmasses that are not made up of nodes? Or will you work to edit all the base nodes?

Get that it's early to ask, but still curious.
    5eXPxgs.png
  • lordbeowulflordbeowulf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It may of been answered, but how many Characters can you have to account. And can they be Citizens of different nodes?
  • Are we gonna have access to quest, items, etc, that let us change the VFX of skills?
    For example, change the color of the flames in a fire spell to black or blue or instead of bricks in the tank ability they could become shields, just for aesthetic purposes without any kind of buff or nerf
    giphy.gif
  • GubstepGubstep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The team has said that as the node levels up, the surrounding area levels as well. How does this tie into professions? (e.g. Can I become a master blacksmith in a small village or do I need to travel to big cities to hone my craft?)
    Software Engineer
    Addon Developer
    OG Backer
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020

You sold the Kickstarter/Summer freehold skins with 3 tiers of appearance. And have confirmed earlier that freeholds will have 3 levels of upgrades. Which tier do the cosmetic skins like the tower latest sold match? Or do those cosmetics apply to all 3 tiers?
    Screenshot_20200427-225626_Chrome.jpg

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg