Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation Combat Analysis

Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Comments

• Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited May 2020
    8 does seen big for a dungeon run. Thinking about possible design decisions behind it...

1) Most of the dungeon is easy with 8 being recommended for bosses
    2) 8 makes a dungeon easy or able to be cleared quicker to suit people's schedules, but they are also doable with fewer, more skilled, people (4-6)
    3) Summoner's are a gap-filler wildcard, so they might be needed for some extra off-tanking or healing rather than an extra full-time tank/healer
    4) there's a ton of status effects that require different classes to tackle or more dps to power through

They said it's a lvl 5-10 dungeon...will it really be accessible for people not in a guild - for them to find/know 7 other people so early in the game/levelling process.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravudha wrote: »
    8 does seen big for a dungeon run. Thinking about possible design decisions behind it...

1) Most of the dungeon is easy with 8 being recommended for bosses
    2) 8 makes a dungeon easy or able to be cleared quicker to suit people's schedules, but they are also doable with fewer, more skilled, people (4-6)
    3) Summoner's are a gap-filler wildcard, so they might be needed for some extra off-tanking or healing rather than an extra full-time tank/healer
    4) there's a ton of status effects that require different classes to tackle or more dps to power through

They said it's a lvl 5-10 dungeon...will it really be accessible for people not in a guild - for them to find/know 7 other people so early in the game/levelling process.

You know, I did wonder whether they would make the instanced dungeons scalable to account for groups with less players in it. I definitely won't be able to regularly find 7 other people to do regular dungeons with. 4-5 is a comfortable amount for me.
    volunteer_moderator.gif