Options

Ashes of Creation Combat Analysis

Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Comments

• Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited May 2020
    8 does seen big for a dungeon run. Thinking about possible design decisions behind it...

1) Most of the dungeon is easy with 8 being recommended for bosses
    2) 8 makes a dungeon easy or able to be cleared quicker to suit people's schedules, but they are also doable with fewer, more skilled, people (4-6)
    3) Summoner's are a gap-filler wildcard, so they might be needed for some extra off-tanking or healing rather than an extra full-time tank/healer
    4) there's a ton of status effects that require different classes to tackle or more dps to power through

They said it's a lvl 5-10 dungeon...will it really be accessible for people not in a guild - for them to find/know 7 other people so early in the game/levelling process.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravudha wrote: »
    8 does seen big for a dungeon run. Thinking about possible design decisions behind it...

1) Most of the dungeon is easy with 8 being recommended for bosses
    2) 8 makes a dungeon easy or able to be cleared quicker to suit people's schedules, but they are also doable with fewer, more skilled, people (4-6)
    3) Summoner's are a gap-filler wildcard, so they might be needed for some extra off-tanking or healing rather than an extra full-time tank/healer
    4) there's a ton of status effects that require different classes to tackle or more dps to power through

They said it's a lvl 5-10 dungeon...will it really be accessible for people not in a guild - for them to find/know 7 other people so early in the game/levelling process.

You know, I did wonder whether they would make the instanced dungeons scalable to account for groups with less players in it. I definitely won't be able to regularly find 7 other people to do regular dungeons with. 4-5 is a comfortable amount for me.
    volunteer_moderator.gif