Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Important Feedback for Dev Team.

Hey, this Feedback is intended for Ashes of Creation Creative Director named: Steven Sharif at Intrepid Studios. Based on my knowledge and experience while playing mmorpg's for past 17 years, i would like share and suggest my opinions, perspectives based on analysis off entire Ashes of Creation Hybrid Action Combat System. Entire System from my perspective is outdated, not fluent in it's animations, very slow and clunky. I would suggest that an deep dive into Black Desert Online's Combat System is needed for entire Creative,Content,Animation-VFX teams too make and take advantage off inspiration from other successful mmorpg's like Black Desert Online and many others that did same thing Inspired & Created the best content on others successful projects-games.
PS: “The thing that has been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.” Book of Ecclesiasticus by King Solomon.

Comments

• Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So you're saying that the combat during pre-alpha is clunky....There are other threads where members of the community are discussing this topic and providing more useful feedback than the opinion of some random person.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    bUt I dOnT LiKe iT

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like his perspective off the "entire hybrid combat system" he has seen in a video. I am going to go out on a limb since I played Ultima at release in 1997 and say my 23 years with mmos (since earlier than that MUDS don't count) I can also offer some perspective to the process. Also since I have actually touched those systems.

'Hey, this Feedback is intended for Ashes of Creation Creative Director named: Steven Sharif at Intrepid Studios. Based on my knowledge and experience while playing mmorpg's for past 23 years, i would like share and suggest my opinions, perspectives based on analysis off entire Ashes of Creation Hybrid Action Combat System.' To that Steven guy. Just keep doing what you are doing, have told us you plan to do, and keep on grinding out the progress. Game is better and better every iteration you release.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like his perspective off the "entire hybrid combat system" he has seen in a video. I am going to go out on a limb since I played Ultima at release in 1997 and say my 23 years with mmos (since earlier than that MUDS don't count) I can also offer some perspective to the process. Also since I have actually touched those systems.

'Hey, this Feedback is intended for Ashes of Creation Creative Director named: Steven Sharif at Intrepid Studios. Based on my knowledge and experience while playing mmorpg's for past 23 years, i would like share and suggest my opinions, perspectives based on analysis off entire Ashes of Creation Hybrid Action Combat System.' To that Steven guy. Just keep doing what you are doing, have told us you plan to do, and keep on grinding out the progress. Game is better and better every iteration you release.

If I could give more than one like I would.

:D
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Varkun wrote: »

If I could give more than one like I would.

:D

I don't "do" likes on forums, but I gave him one for you, so you can claim you gave him two now.
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    why is this important?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2020
    why is it all ways the new people telling the old guys what ashes is, its maddening
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    why is it all ways the new people telling the ould guys what ashes is, its maddening
    Because random people on the internet clearly know best, god forbid they do a little research before spouting off their "Grand Ideas"
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Whether his presentation was right or not the moment I saw another "BDO comba t is so satisfying" I couldn't help but grunt and roll my eyes.
    BDO came along and reminded me how bad balance and rigid classes can be. If you don't do exactly this, then you are useless.
    It looks absolutely stunning, but the combat is one of the worst I ever had experienced.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    I'm afraid this community will be this game's demise.

This community is great. Stop being like that.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    without the comunity, the game would never have been funded to the point it is now
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it is great to see posts like this, because it shows they care about the game. The answer being "its just alpha" to everything isn't helpful and honestly annoying. Bringing up individual concerns are good because it allows the developers to see what is important to their audience.

Also, something like combat is the entire base of the game. If it isn't improved upon DURING the alpha and beta stages then it will just become even more difficult to change later. So, reiterating specific things like this is good for the game.
  • Options
    Creating posts providing constructive feedback about the current state of game elements isn't a bad thing. However when you're feedback boils down to "you should be more like this other game that I like" it really isn't really helpful. Explaining what aspects of BDO's combat you think the game could benefit from. As for bringing up that it's still in pre-alpha, I still think this is a valid response to many complaints, a relatively small number of players have gotten hands on experience with the game so all most of us have to base our opinions of the game is based on what we've seen from someone else's perspective, as more people get into the game we'll be able to give more detailed feedback on how we think the systems can be changed to make them feel smoother..
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2020
    How can you even think to provide relevant feedback on a combat system that a) you haven't used yourself, and b) hasn't been fully implemented yet? So far we've only been shown maybe a quarter of the combat system. Wait until it's all there before criticising it.

@Tsukasa I'd say the reaction the regulars on here is perfectly reasonable when you have some newcomer appearing out of nowhere with "feedback" when they clearly haven't done any research at all.

@Ryufu the thing about providing feedback at this early stage is that we don't know what the developers are still working on and what is considered finished. Combat animations are a perfect example. I severely doubt that the animations we've seen so far are the finished product. So us saying that the animations are rubbish holds very little value since these are likely going to change and improve anyway later down the line.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Again, @Tsukasa wants to turn the game into BDO and is upset that it won't happen. There's another person who shares that desire, and demonizes the community for resisting the idea. No surprises here.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I hope i have a option t play tab target, i hate action , if not, good luck to console generation gamers !
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Tsukasa
    The thing with your entry in the forums was that you went in swinging.
    You tried to force everyones opinion about topics and always talked about how they should implement obscure game mechanics from other unsuccesfull games aka soul-bonding/marriage mechanics.
    Most of these mechanics and the examples you provided would be utterly busted in Ashes.

Yes, i too like the BDO combat. But Ashes is hope-/thankfully not the utter clusterfuck that is BDO.
    IF i had to whish for a good action combat, then i would go for Warframe.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2020
    I'm only asking for a combat where players can react back, and not helplessly stand there and take full damage.

BDO combat has a lot of creative ideas that I want Intrepid to look it up thoroughly to help them create the right tab target system for their hybrid.

Imagine a game where you are vulnerable 24/7 to PvP with a combat you can't react to nor enjoy. What's wrong with you people...
    Based on Steven Discord messages and livestreams. They do NOT have clear vision on how their Hybrid combat would be implemented. Even considered going full tab target.

Alpha 1 is tab target. If they are working on tab target then they are also indirectly working on the hybrid. Think about it like this. What we've seen was a classic tab target. These skills better be applicable with the hybrid or else it's waste of money!

The Tamer in BDO has a 11sec stunlock....
    The Striker has a 5-6sec stunlock....
    They already said that they dont like hard cc like stuns in tab targetting and want to keep them to a minimum.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm only asking for a combat where players can react back, and not helplessly stand there and take full damage.

BDO combat has a lot of creative ideas that I want Intrepid to look it up thoroughly to help them create the right tab target system for their hybrid.

Imagine a game where you are vulnerable 24/7 to PvP with a combat you can't react to nor enjoy. What's wrong with you people...
    Based on Steven Discord messages and livestreams. They do NOT have clear vision on how their Hybrid combat would be implemented. Even considered going full tab target.

Alpha 1 is tab target. If they are working on tab target then they are also indirectly working on the hybrid. Think about it like this. What we've seen was a classic tab target. These skills better be applicable with the hybrid or else it's waste of money!

I haven't played a ton of BDO but from what I've seen and experienced the combat system is mostly fluff. Visually stunning, for sure, but not much substance behind it.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2020
    I've never played a game that doesn't have some form of reactive defenses.

This is not something that is mutually exclusive with tab target combat - you can have both and indeed most tab target MMO's do.

If what you are arguing for is the ability to react to PvP, then talk about that, not about BDO or action combat - as these things are not inherently connected.

Edit to add; you come across as someone that has heard about parts of tab target combat systems, but never really played one - and absolutely never played one in depth. You have taken your partial understanding of what such games involve, and assumed that is all there is to them. To make things worse than that, you refuse to listen when people with more first hand experience of them point out to you where you are wrong, meaning your understanding of them will never grow.

This is why you are so often wrong when talking about tab target games.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LotRO is a classic tab target MMO but the combat system is heavily built around reactive defenses. That’s not rare nor restricted to action combat.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    StrabunStrabun Member
    edited July 2020
    Ryufu wrote: »
    I think it is great to see posts like this, because it shows they care about the game. The answer being "its just alpha" to everything isn't helpful and honestly annoying. Bringing up individual concerns are good because it allows the developers to see what is important to their audience.

Also, something like combat is the entire base of the game. If it isn't improved upon DURING the alpha and beta stages then it will just become even more difficult to change later. So, reiterating specific things like this is good for the game.

You better read he's post and mine multiple times and maybe after read it couple of time maybe than you would understand that other mmo's like Infinite Ascension after they recived a lot of feedback from community they had listen to their concerns regarding tab-target shity sistem and switched to free action combat sistem and revamped entire animations and even changed it's name from Ascend infinite Realm to Elyon. So stop with toxic behavior and let people share their opinions based on what they like, see, test, research, experience. An toxic behavior makes the game as toxic as players are. Indeed maybe developers would reconsider their options but if a lot of effort, money, time has been spent on an sistem named: Hybrid Action Combat System when if fact is clearly tab targeting outdated sistem back from wow and lineage 2 era. Maybe developers will change everything their entire work but i do not belive this would happen as this project was a kick starter which is much difficult to gather money than other studios that are in branch for many years and got enough money to spent on an revamp on it's entire game core. Now you got the point ? When it would be released it will be indeed more polished in animations but it would be very difficult to remake entire game core combat sistem. So dosen't matter how much to tweak it because it's base is same outdated that people are sick of it. Maybe new players that just started playing mmo's are welcome it.