Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will Ashes of Creation deal with the PKers?

124»

Comments

• Options
    tefmanntefmann Member
    edited July 2020
    It's either part of the game or not. Don't like what they decide, don't play it. Simple.

I personally feel like open PvP between different factions or groups(guilds?) makes the world feel alive and is a fun aspect. I think one of the many, many factors that led to the decline of WoW over the years was being able to turn off PvP. Not advocating for FFA PK'ing like Asheron's Call of course, but definitely PvP being a part of the open world gameplay. I think it is a must for any MMO.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Non-consensual PvP is not griefing. I am hoping they will "deal" with PKers by encouraging them in someway to continue PKing, such as rewarding them with loot when they successfully kill someone.
    The point of corruption is to be an outright punishment - there is no point in which gaining corruption will be encouraged by Intrepid.

Corruption is there because they want to make you think twice about killing another player, but don't want to outright prevent it.

Players that want to focus their time on PvP in Ashes shouldn't be participating in any PvP that even results in corruption. These players should be focusing on node wars, guild wars, caravans, sieges (node and castle), or even the arena.

These are all types of PvP intrepid wants to encourage people to participate in. PvP that results in corruption is PvP that Intrepid want to discourage.