Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mount Availability Discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    RalkyrieRalkyrie Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Flying mount you are never going to have isn't that rare enough? like 1 person per 5000 people will have one.

I really like that rarity. Flying mounts were the very thing that destroyed WoW. But no, I'd like ground mounts to not be so freely given to each new player. It's another thing you have to work for.
    I heard you can get a mount quite early on in the game and I feel like that isn't a good idea. As early as the starting zone according to the Wiki. I got the feeling that the developers want us to enjoy the feeling of hard-earned rewards and giving us each a mount early is contradictory to that philosophy. I personally would like mounts to either be available much later on or be available early but difficult to farm and use.

What are your thoughts on this?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts

Im okay with it because they give you a horse with no advantages. If you didn't get mounts, it would be impossible to go through the world. They want to encourage spreading out.

You're already spreading out a lot due to the spawning zones. But I get what you mean. I just want ground mounts to have a bit more to them. Something to work for. Giving us a quest in the starting zone feels a little too easy.

*Disregard my previous comments, I found the mount vendor in the bottom node/town.

I'm fine with a basic mount at first as this is a going be a very vast world (Imagine once the nodes start having sieges and those basic horses are going help protect our nodes, instead of holding shift the whole time, hoping my bipedal makes it in time and misses the battle) If their still doing that idea. I am late to the game, bought it in 2018 and just recently starting getting into the testing.

As another players stated they can be targeted too? so that's a good feature. It just helps us commute easier and grind at the main objectives we need. I'm grateful they thought of that and then the flying mounds or whatever ones that have a lower drop rate/ratio/whatever you wanna call it, is dead on. Give basic horse with no advantage besides some speed but don't go overboard giving a level 1-10 account with a mount that goes 240% of normal speed and its all kosher.