Thoughts about the Corruption System

YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The corruption system overall sounds very good but there is a something that peaked my interest about it. Put it in action where one guy minding his own business and there is three players running up being 'not so kind communitymembers' and they start attacking this fellow pedestrian. All three of them hit one ability/spell and the last blow kills him. Who will recieve the penalty? The killer or those participating in damaging the fellow?

Let's add to that and say this fellow manages to survive those three attacks and one random guy sees this guy being bullied and attends to aid him in combat. The hero starts attacking the bandits and successfully kills one of them before they get the chance to attack. Will this hero get corruption for his aid or will he end up being the hero he meaned to be? (Im adding that this pedestrian minding his business never attacks anyone.)

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yepod wrote: »
    The corruption system overall sounds very good but there is a something that peaked my interest about it. Put it in action where one guy minding his own business and there is three players running up being 'not so kind communitymembers' and they start attacking this fellow pedestrian. All three of them hit one ability/spell and the last blow kills him. Who will recieve the penalty? The killer or those participating in damaging the fellow?

Let's add to that and say this fellow manages to survive those three attacks and one random guy sees this guy being bullied and attends to aid him in combat. The hero starts attacking the bandits and successfully kills one of them before they get the chance to attack. Will this hero get corruption for his aid or will he end up being the hero he meaned to be? (Im adding that this pedestrian minding his business never attacks anyone.)

Probably all of them for the first.

In the second, the player that comes along will not gain corruption, as the three players attacking the first would be combatants by this stage, and you don't gain corruption for killing combatants.
  • TehonatakeTehonatake Member, Intrepid Pack
    1st. part. If the victim does not return fire or do any combat moves, the attackers all get corruption.
    2nd. part. The hero kills a player without the player returning fire, the would be hero gets corruption. The Hero had the option seeing his target not fighting back to stop his attacks. The waters get a bit murky here.

As I understand it....
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Both wrong. Corruption is given for killing blow.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • TehonatakeTehonatake Member, Intrepid Pack
    Then it stands to reason who ever gets the last hit gets the loot as well.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Both wrong. Corruption is given for killing blow.
    As it is understood now, yes.

However, that is unlikely to last long once testing actually happens - which is why I said "probably" at the start of my answer.
  • YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I personally believe that the killing blow gains the corruption. I also would like to add that I would think it to be most logical for the people getting the assist on a uncombatant player to gain about half as much corruption as the guy with the killing blow since they assisted in doing a bad deed.

For the hero I would only see it possible for him not to gain any corruption since he is attacking combatant players since they attack the uncombatant. Killing a combatant player dont give corruption. Hero stays the hero.
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hero stays the hero.

hero would become/stay as a combatant though. since he has to flag to be attacking a non-corrupt player.

Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Lafi wrote: »
    Hero stays the hero.

hero would become/stay as a combatant though. since he has to flag to be attacking a non-corrupt player.

Combatant status will fall off without having to die though, so it’s not exactly a detriment to become a Combatant.