OCEANIC HOSTING

Hey guys! With the oceanic server's will they be hosted in Australia/NZ itself? Or will it be hosted in Singapore? Please, for the love of god have the host be in Australia itself. I would hate to see the Oceanic community of an amazing looking game go down the drain all because of the ping issues.

Comments

• AlizeeAlizee Member
    edited August 2020
    OCE numbers so low, they'll get a compensation server in Indonesia.

4622.gif
  • NHKNHK Member
    Alizee wrote: »
    OCE numbers so low, they'll get a compensation server in Indonesia.

I think you'll find there will be an impressive OCE community.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will the asian population stick to OCE if they can play with SEA friends and relatives?

Will the aussies stick to OCE when the guilds they belong to from previous mmos register in US?

OCE population is low. The ping will be better than a SEA connection, but... then what?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are still looking at where to put the server.
  • MelaleucaMelaleuca Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm also hoping for local servers. Bad ping sucks, and the low population argument is an uncompelling one. You need a server per 50,000 players, with 10,000 concurrent logins allowed. Even in the extremely unlikely case that there are only 50,000 players in Australia, I think a dedicated server is not only central to those players' experience, but also shows respect for the ~$750,000 per month these players would collectively be paying to play the game. Anything less is basically a message from the developer that they don't care if people outside of the U.S. play their game or not. I'd say the same of any region. As the producer of a product, making sure that product is the same no matter where it is consumed is part of your integrity. This way all feedback can be focused on the quality of the product itself, rather than things other than the product like delivery/ping issues. This is how chain-stores work and the logic is exactly the same when the same product is simultaneously consumed by multiple people, such as with MMORPGs.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Steven said it's highly possible for sydney or melbourne server.
  • shaymanshayman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm here to help bump the discussion, Oceanic servers please!
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    shayman wrote: »
    I'm here to help bump the discussion, Oceanic servers please!

Oceanic servers have been confirmed for over a year - the question is where they will be located.
  • ToepekaToepeka Member, Warrior of Old
    I mean I'm still very anxious about whether or not OCE can even hold a high quality server. Even now, i have a NA guild lined up and such as in the past NA servers have been a more enjoyable experience even with the higher ping.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Toepeka wrote: »
    I mean I'm still very anxious about whether or not OCE can even hold a high quality server. Even now, i have a NA guild lined up and such as in the past NA servers have been a more enjoyable experience even with the higher ping.

Steven seems confident based on the number of posters from the region.

Presumably, if everyone from there actually rolls on a server based there, thepopulation will be fine.

As an aside, unless you are able to play consistently from 6 or 7am for a few hours every day, if you roll on a NA server, you'll miss things like sieges all the time.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44915/oce-hosting-why-using-singapore-as-oce-server-location-is-suboptimal#latest

Very similar topic where Steven did give a response.
    I have seen this question asked at least half a dozen times in the past week, can't blame people for wanting an answer though.
    We just need to get as many interested as possible so we have the pop to justify locally situated OCE servers.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.