How will the game prevent Streamers from just taking over every node they want?

2»

Comments

• Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice. A developer has made a detailed post! I guess we will have to update the wiki with this official information.

• I made a detailed post about this topic. Just read it. It explains why everything will balance out, when it comes to streamer privilege, in AoC, unlike in WoW.

This wasn't working for me, use this https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44956
  • Its very possible IMO they wont let the same mayor take over month after month anyways thus solving this issue.
  • Its very possible IMO they wont let the same mayor take over month after month anyways thus solving this issue.

That really depends. If the mayor is bad, someone will most probably step up and take his place.
    If the mayor is a good ruler and does stuff properly, then i don't see why people who are happy with him would want him replaced.
  • XraelXrael Member
    BlackBrony wrote: »

I made a detailed post about this topic. Just read it. It explains why everything will balance out, when it comes to streamer privilege, in AoC, unlike in WoW.

This wasn't working for me, use this https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44956

Thankyou for telling me. I changed it.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    phdmonster wrote: »
    Its very possible IMO they wont let the same mayor take over month after month anyways thus solving this issue.

That really depends. If the mayor is bad, someone will most probably step up and take his place.
    If the mayor is a good ruler and does stuff properly, then i don't see why people who are happy with him would want him replaced.

Because it will be like in real life politics, bribes will happen, favors will happen, for and against parties will happen.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Its very possible IMO they wont let the same mayor take over month after month anyways thus solving this issue.

Because it will be like in real life politics, bribes will happen, favors will happen, for and against parties will happen.

I'm fairly sure this is the point of the whole thing.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    noaani wrote: »

You think the whole point of the game is to have popularity contests that give game breaking advantages to certain people and their friends?
  • Aardvark wrote: »

You think the whole point of the game is to have popularity contests that give game breaking advantages to certain people and their friends?

Well, there are popularity based features. I don't see why they should be removed.
    Bribes and in-game politics will happen regardless and they are a part of the experience.
    If a mayor is bad for the node, they will get the boot at some point and replaced, or people will get mad, form a group and siege the node.
    I don't see why there should be special precausiouns for those special 30 people out of the, potentially, 100s of thousands of players.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Nope.

I'm fairly sure the point of the political system is to encourage bribes, favors and other such dealings.

These kinds of things tend to destroy online communities like this, not build them. When these larger communities get taken down, it creates intregue and interest, which is what Ashes node and content system kind of needs in order to function as intended.
  • So to my understanding you need to be a citizen of a node and the system probably wont let you do more than a few. Second totally true that this people will not go for nodes but will go for castles. In this sense the castles will have vassal nodes that can probably easily become subversive if they feel the king is abusive/corrupt. The interesting part of AoC will be the regional wars and I bet the smaller border wars and beefs will be out of this world the drama will be rampart. This is the point of the game guys, it will be highly political and social so anyone who consideres to be to a minimum mayor will need to be a leader of a medium to large following and a highly active player.
  • Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    AoC wont streaming friendly game.
    Stream sniping and 'ganking' streamers will be worse than in WoW Classic phase 2, ruining streamers life/gameplay, losing stuff (upon x circumstances), killing their mounts, etc,... it might be ok for first or second time for them, but after that they'll just leave game or play it only off stream.
    So there is nothing to worry about.