Ruined Nodes?

TheHowardXTheHowardX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I have been recently introduced to this game and just wanted to start off by saying how excited I am for this game. I have a question in regards to the node system. If a node is destroyed it reverts back to wild and it like no one was ever there. Correct?

If I wasn't correct then please ignore this part...

What I was wondering was if somehow their could/would ever be maybe a ruin system? What I'm asking for or about is if a city or metropolis gets destroyed would they just disappear or could they leave behind some ruins instead. I believe that this could be fun for setting up some triggered events and so forth. It would also just add to the history and fell like the world progresses in a way instead of reverting to original. Maybe the ruins could be a sort of way to gather resources in a scavenger way or be a obstacle to settlers as being something that needs to be cleared before the node can be rebuilt. I personally think the obstacle is a better choice because it then encourages people to move on from war torn areas of the map and maybe move on to start a new life on the frontier or to become a refugee in a neighboring area.

Sorry if I'm just being crazy but I really enjoy this idea and felt like sharing it. Thanks for reading!!!

Comments

• Nodes get deleveled to level 0 upon the success of a Node Siege which is Wilderness if i recall correctly.

Node settlements will have a preset number of locations in a Node and depending on the player activity they might pop up in 1 spot or another.

I'm not sure if something like what you are describing, but a node deleveling and being surrounded by other nodes that in turn are now able to level up can cause a dungeon/raid or otherwise other hidden content to show up.
  • Destroyed nodes could be leveled back up unless a capped level 3 node is directly next to them afaik
  • TheHowardXTheHowardX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    phdmonster wrote: »
    Nodes get deleveled to level 0 upon the success of a Node Siege which is Wilderness if i recall correctly.

Node settlements will have a preset number of locations in a Node and depending on the player activity they might pop up in 1 spot or another.

I'm not sure if something like what you are describing, but a node deleveling and being surrounded by other nodes that in turn are now able to level up can cause a dungeon/raid or otherwise other hidden content to show up.

I get this and have been following the update videos. My major issue if just that it feels empty to just have put so much effort into as area and leave behind no trace of ever being there. maybe set the ruins as maybe like a -1 as something less than wilderness. Could maybe have a a time period before it naturally get "taken over" by nature and returns to wilderness. this time period could be longer for larger nodes like metropolis than one for a city or town. I feel expeditions and encampments wouldn't leave ruins from my understanding.
  • TheHowardX wrote: »
    Nodes get deleveled to level 0 upon the success of a Node Siege which is Wilderness if i recall correctly.

I get this and have been following the update videos. My major issue if just that it feels empty to just have put so much effort into as area and leave behind no trace of ever being there. maybe set the ruins as maybe like a -1 as something less than wilderness. Could maybe have a a time period before it naturally get "taken over" by nature and returns to wilderness. this time period could be longer for larger nodes like metropolis than one for a city or town. I feel expeditions and encampments wouldn't leave ruins from my understanding.

It's a cool idea. Not sure how it would work out though. It can change the dynamic of the game a bit.
    The good thing is that the devs read the forums, threads and follow the conversations, so if they like the idea, we might see it in testing.
  • TheHowardXTheHowardX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's a cool idea. Not sure how it would work out though. It can change the dynamic of the game a bit.
    The good thing is that the devs read the forums, threads and follow the conversations, so if they like the idea, we might see it in testing.

id be so excited to hear theirs and others opinions on this. I'm headed to bed but ill check back in the morning.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was answered in a livestream. There is currently no plan to institute ruins if a node is put back to zero. Jeffrey said they looked at implementation of it and it caused too many problems.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg