Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

French canadian server? (NA FRENCH)

Warius The DwarfWarius The Dwarf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hi ho everyone. You can see i can write in an "OK" english, but it was not always the casse. I was FORCE to learn english and install the games in english because my two only option are 1)Lag free USA english server 2)EU far and laggy Server. Game maker forget that Canada have 2 mains languages.

On many games it was very hard for us to regroup on a guild because we had no dedicated server and lot of us had to play on EU FR server to avoid racism. Racism is a thing on all games. So many time i got team kill on Rainbow Six Siege because i miss pronouce an english word. On black desert the small French guild had to disband because larger guild wanted to kick us out of the server and camped us on every channel. On WoW long time ago, my english was terrible...try to call a GM to help you on a NA server when you don't speak english. I reported a racist guild and the GM told me to make a new character on europe and stop complaining.

The problem with us to play on EU is the time zone. France guild on EU wont recruit us if we have six hours difrences. Imagine the organisation to do a Raid or a Siege. We are more than you think, You dont notice it because most of us did like me and learn english by force. Think about it, how many player or guild with the QC, Québec, the lily flower flag you saw in your previus games?

French canadian guild don't last long on MMO because we don't have dedicated servers. Imagigie that situation:
a server have max capacity of 150k players
there 120 servers
75k french canadian players play the game spread into the 120servers
you end with less than 1k french players on a server
Half of them can speak english and will join english guild
Ex you try to make a PVP guild but how many of the <500 remaining players do pvp? How many want to RP...ect
Finaly you end in a guild who try to do stuff but only half of them participate because we all play differently

Having a French Canadian (Québec) Server would encourage other french canadian to join the game and feel like finaly a game care for them. I think the racist players would be happy to get rid of us ;) .

Comments

• Options
    AlizeeAlizee Member
    edited August 2020
    Viva la quebec

4622.gif
  • Options
    J'aime le Canada. <3
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    AmelAmel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ridiculous
  • Options
    Why ridiculus?
  • Options
    Because its unecessary. The player pool isnt big enough to warrant it.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    What about a EAST chanel? if not enough for a server, maybe a few channel on a server where we could use the chat in french
  • Options
    Just do what they do on other games, create a qcer community on facebook and other social media and then as a group decide to go roll on a specific server and make that your unofficial qc server. Thats what they did in WoW and now there are a few servers that are known for having a large qcer community.
  • Options
    what about the english players who chose that server and dont know about the french FB page?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    what about the english players who chose that server and dont know about the french FB page?

What about them?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like every other region. If the demand is high then you may get a server if not you will just have to use the NA servers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

Then they can form their own guilds with the other english speaking players?
  • Options
    it's getting out of control...i just wanted to post the idea and i wanted to avoid problems i had in WoW, Rift, BDO, Mabinogi, diablo 1-2(battle.net bot war to close QC chanels) and many other games.
    Nagash wrote: »
    Like every other region. If the demand is high then you may get a server if not you will just have to use the NA servers

The problem is ther no way to tell if the canadian speak french or not. If they had one chanel with (QC) and there not enough players they just have to remove the (QC) in the chanel name like nothing happen.

If not a server or a chanel, at least a NA-FR thec-support or a GM abble to use French. Just something to make our journey fun like everyone else.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    it's getting out of control...i just wanted to post the idea and i wanted to avoid problems i had in WoW, Rift, BDO, Mabinogi, diablo 1-2(battle.net bot war to close QC chanels) and many other games.
    Nagash wrote: »

The problem is ther no way to tell if the canadian speak french or not. If they had one chanel with (QC) and there not enough players they just have to remove the (QC) in the chanel name like nothing happen.

If not a server or a chanel, at least a NA-FR thec-support or a GM abble to use French. Just something to make our journey fun like everyone else.

I don't know what to tell you mate if you don't prove you have the numbers you will not get one. Hell my first language is Welsh and you do me wanting a server
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yes, but you cannot play on NA English speaking servers. Only French Canadian ones so the rest of us dont have to put up with that mess.
  • Options
    BwoarfBwoarf Member
    I mean, most french Canadian also speak english. French only is mostly in Quebec only and in most game, they band together and help each other out. So there is only a small number of player in that situation. You dont do a french server just for like 200 ppl.
  • Options
    it seems like having Spanish NA servers and at least 1 French NA servers make sense. NA has 3 official languages, right? If no one plays on the French / Spanish servers then it would make sense to merge them into other regional servers and if possible retain language support. At the very least having some servers with bilingual GM's seems like a great idea.

It's hard to believe people are crapping so hard on someone wanting an official NA language on a NA server. Obviously if the player base doesn't support the idea by using the server then it isn't necessarily something that should continue to have resources put into it. The notion that it's a ludicrous idea seems crazy to me.
  • Options
    Everyone seem to forget that an english player can join a Francophone server and vis versa so...like i wrote, if there not enough palyers, they just need to remove the (FR) next to the server name. Also the idea of a server For french/spanish/portuguese/first nation would be realistic in therm of gameplay with diffrentent regions, religion and race in-game BUT! WE all know how IRL conflict between group of people can degenerate in game and i won't like to be in GM boots if that happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It's like when you eat at the restaurant and you ask if you can have smash potatoes instead of rice. They may said no but it's worth a try. I'm not the kind of guy who will rage "That's bull $#% what kind of place don't serve smash potatoes". I'll try alternative and ask for fries or normal potatoes and if it's not working i'll say "no rice then" and my dwarf side will say "because i don't eat the rice, can i have a discount?". It's never work but a dwarf will try anything to save money ;) .

Also who know if the restaurant will serve potatoes one day because too many customers ask for it. Maybe they won't care(hope not). Maybe they will care but won't be able to do it(probably). Or maybe almost no one will ask for it.

I will continu to eat there with my friend even if there no potaoes because everything else in my plate is so freaking delisious.
  • Options
    J'ai conçu ce discord et j'imagine que ces ce que tu recherche pour aider la communauté québecoise.
    https://discord.gg/hsFTfzH
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    There wont be enough players in all of Canada let alone Quebec to warrant a Canadian server
  • Options
    KreedKreed Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am for a language set server, ones for french, Spanish, English, German, Russian and place them as best as you can for time zones. As a player of recent games I am getting weary of gamer's who speak other languages spamming chat and not communicating in groups, it is problematic. It could be avoided if there was a built in translator in the chat system but I think that may a bit unrealistic to expect from the game company to script in. Or have separate channels that need to be used for the languages and script it so the other languages can't type outside their channels, but then again that wouldn't work either in large scale battles for over all communication... Hrmm maybe the auto translator would be better to look further into.

Of course there will be problems no matter what direction they go with, regional, time zone or language they all have their pro's and cons. It is nice when everyone speaks the same language though.

• Options
    Jexz wrote: »
    There wont be enough players in all of Canada let alone Quebec to warrant a Canadian server

I disagree, you sound like an american with that statement.
  • Options
    @Warius The Dwarf

If there are sufficient french players, they will create a separate server for you.
  • Options
    GodsThesisGodsThesis Member
    edited August 2020
    Most Canadians live near the border of the US, it's not like they live in the far north towards the Arctic Ocean. It shouldn't be a problem to use the US servers and recruit your own guild via facebook, discord, ingame, or whatever means.

Also English is Lingua Franca, the most widely spoken language (not most spoken, I think?). It's good to learn it. Idk about the part about being "forced" to learn it as if it's an awful thing to do. Nothing wrong with learning another language, especially the universal one.

Also, miss me with that "racist player" non-sense. I know it's a joke but cmon bruh it's such low hanging fruit.
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    edited August 2020
    Kreed wrote: »

I'm Canadian actually and the population of California is larger than the population of all of Canada
    about 20% of the population speaks french.
  • Options
    Kreed wrote: »

I'm Canadian actually and the population of California is larger than the population of all of Canada
    about 20% of the population speaks french.

Most recent stats for Canada is 22.8 % speak French, 75 % speak English. and out those 17% are bilingual.

Further more 2019 stats for California is 39.51 million, with Canada at 37.59 , so not that far behind.
    and your telling me Canada can't muster 50 thousand gamers to play this game? As the original poster stated there is roughly 75 k in Quebec alone that could be interested in playing . We can't confirm that number but if you look at the population of Quebec its plausible. ( 8 .4 million) , it would stand to reason there will at least be that number who could play the game. My personal guess would be conservative 45 k .

As for the rest of Canada, there was a stat that appeared in 2018 ish that came up with about 250 k players that were active in Canada MMo players that are spread across various MMO's. I am pretty sure that this game can steal them away from those other games and make the 50 k server load. Provided word gets out and the right advertising is done.

So with that said a server for the French is plausible.

• Options
    JexzJexz Member
    @kreed If what you say is true I stand corrected. I hope they get their server.
    Actually I hope everyone is able to get a localish server east central and west.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @kreed If what you say is true I stand corrected. I hope they get their server.
    Actually I hope everyone is able to get a localish server east central and west.

From what I understand they want to place servers regional, so the price is 15$ for that country, with the thoughts that what language that country speaks has its gamers stay on that server. Reference was made in a recent interview and the example of Brazilians playing on US servers would mean they would be paying roughly 70$ in their funds to match US dollar amount . They hope it would be to costly for them to do so. However, since the Canadian dollar exchange is 35% extra charge for 1 US dollar. Would that mean Canada would have its own server ? If so would that mean a high influx of Americans joining our servers to get a 35% discount would happen? If Canadians get screwed and we pay 20$ per month because we have to pay in US funds. That adds up for couples or families.

Or better yet everyone joins the Brazilian servers to get a way bigger discount.... Oh man let them see how that feels like ...
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    My guess we wont be cut any deals it will be NA region not USwest/east. Maybe they will use a Vancouver server and save 35% . At least Mr Sherif is a gamer so he knows how important west and east coast servers are.
  • Options
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to have an additional US East server for French. Spanish people are Bilingual by design though. Life is exceedingly hard in the U.S. if you don't speak English. The only other language that even holds a relative possibility to it is Spanish.

U.S. is a country where the official language should be English but just isn't. Life isn't easy for you if you don't speak English though.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East