Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

RNG Weapon Enhancing Alternative?

13»

Comments

• Jexz wrote: »
    Nitpick wrote: »

Don't forget that it is easier to pay the Master Artisan to make the gear for you, if you do not want to grind the stuff. The gear would be on the same level as the one that drops. Even in end game (and I think that it's meant especially for the end game) He can obtain it himself and craft it, or he can pay his personal gatherer (or someone who makes business out of gathering stuff for crafters) to gather it for him and craft it. Since they try to push the professions to their limit, I think this will be a huge thing implemented in the game naturally, given how they're trying to push the player-driven economy. And I love all of it.

Are you aware that for the master artisan to craft end game gear they need items from end game raid bosses? Do you think the first guilds who will have these raids on lock down will sell these items to the general public so they can gear up and contest the raid bosses? Or do you think they will keep them when they need them to repair after failed over-enchants?

If guildmates keep destroying their endgame gear because they're too dense to understand that overenchanting isn't necessary nor encouraged, then that guild probably shouldn't be giving them loot to keep enabling their stupidity.

The RNG aspect of vertical enchanting is a soft counter to power creep. If players have no risk to overenchanting. then it becomes necessary to balance all encounters around +10 enchantments. When it's clearly developed as a bonus with risk, then its not necessary to balance all content around +10 enchantments.
  • It's not a thing exclusive to over enchanting. It's something people will just lose due to regular enchanting. There will be people who didn't lose a single piece of gear and over enchanted vs people who enchanted multiple end game swords got unlucky and lost like 5 of them. It's why the system is stupid.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    It's not a thing exclusive to over enchanting. It's something people will just lose due to regular enchanting. There will be people who didn't lose a single piece of gear and over enchanted vs people who enchanted multiple end game swords got unlucky and lost like 5 of them. It's why the system is stupid.

The system is fine. Overenchanting should only be done when someone has an excess of resources to spend in case of poor luck. It's not something that should be done regularly. Players will be able to adjust enchantments at will, they just can't add more without incurring some risk.
  • NitpickNitpick Member
    edited August 2020
    Jexz wrote: »
    Nitpick wrote: »

Don't forget that it is easier to pay the Master Artisan to make the gear for you, if you do not want to grind the stuff. The gear would be on the same level as the one that drops. Even in end game (and I think that it's meant especially for the end game) He can obtain it himself and craft it, or he can pay his personal gatherer (or someone who makes business out of gathering stuff for crafters) to gather it for him and craft it. Since they try to push the professions to their limit, I think this will be a huge thing implemented in the game naturally, given how they're trying to push the player-driven economy. And I love all of it.

Are you aware that for the master artisan to craft end game gear they need items from end game raid bosses? Do you think the first guilds who will have these raids on lock down will sell these items to the general public so they can gear up and contest the raid bosses? Or do you think they will keep them when they need them to repair after failed over-enchants?

at first, yes, along with selling it to public for INSANE price, because they can. And after that, more and more people will come by the materials needed and it will become "less uncommon". It's amazing. :)
    And another point, you should be aiming to BE in that first guild anyway, so... Yeah, competition :P
  • The resources might not be reasonable to allocate though. They may not even take enchanting into account when they balance. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East