Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

More details about the stalls player's can rent.

Hi,

After seeing yesterdays development update I have some questions about the stalls players can 'rent'.

- Do you, as a player, need to stay in that stall to be able to sell (Like Voyage Century Online)?
- Will you also be able to, not only sell, but also buy stuff (like you put a request for rescources other players can sell to you)?
- Do you need to upgrade the stall you own? Say in the beginning you have 3 slots to put stuff in to sell and later you update to get more?

Keep up the good work!
Prroxx

Comments

• XyphienXyphien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.

There's nothing on if you're able to buy, so I'm assuming at the moment it's sell only.

That is also not answered anywhere, however I'm pretty sure it will be based on the level of the node you're renting in.
  • prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    This whole "player stalls" is a great idea what could go wrong. Oh wait FFXIV 1.0, YEAhhh..... I know where this idea will end up if its not improved upon depending on progression.
    Good thing the dev's have thought about this?!?!?
    For anyone who didn't play FFXIV 1.0 you are in for a treat especially without quick teleporting, So much fun when someone else buys things before you after all that searching for the stall & keep in mind FFXIV 1.0 was a set of tiny little corridors. My cancer levels are rising just remembering it & to be Frank it was an easier system than what was laid out during that stream.
    Sorry if that seems a bit snarky, haven't slept, probably could of explained it better if i had, Youtube the videos.
  • BoomBoom Member
    It would be pretty sweet if as a Bard, I could sell buffs to lone travelers and maybe perform for tips.
    Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
  • Boom wrote: »
    It would be pretty sweet if as a Bard, I could sell buffs to lone travelers and maybe perform for tips.

I believe bard buffs are PBAoEs, that is you have to be in ear shot of their songs to get the buffs. This does remind me of EQ Nexus days, where we definitely did buffs for tips, as does the 'stalls' idea i.e. auction house.
  • Hi there - it looks like Xyphien covered the questions on player stalls we may have already answered above, and for your others that we haven't answered quite specifically yet, I would recommend holding onto them for an upcoming AMA or live stream so you can get more clarity from our team directly!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with!

community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.