No beards for femail Nikua?

Hey all, so I got told this no more than 10 minutes ago, but apparently the Nikua will not have beards?! I find this odd since the Dunir females will have beards.

I've been told this has been explained in stream, but I'm wondering to what detail. The Nikua guys still have their beards, why not the females? Was hoping y'all could pass me any info that helps straighten this out. Lore wise, design wise, the more info the better.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Comments

• Just play the game man. I don't understand what the appeal of a female dwarf with a beard is.
  • FoxyFoxy Member
    Because it's hilarious and an option that some people want I guess? An option for it at-least would be pretty neat, if a little scary to see.
  • Foxy wrote: »
    Because it's hilarious and an option that some people want I guess? An option for it at-least would be pretty neat, if a little scary to see.

I thought the game was supposed to be realistic? I don't mean no offense to transgender people, but I've never seen a female with a beard before.
  • CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Foxy wrote: »

I thought the game was supposed to be realistic? I don't mean no offense to transgender people, but I've never seen a female with a beard before.

Facial hair isn’t all that uncommon in women, mostly along the side of the face and along the “mustache” area above the mouth. It’s so high stigmatized though that most will have their face waxed or they get ridiculed for natural hair growth.

More extensive hair growth is rare to see, but it’s possible just like some guys never grow facial hair at all. In a dwarven culture where beards are gonna be a source of pride, as well as the whole race being genetically prone to facial hair, it makes sense that either characters of either sex would have some beard/facial hair options.

You thought the game was supposed to be realistic, but it has elves, dwarves, and orcs and a host of other mythical creatures? lol...

Bearded dwarf women is not a new thing when it comes to fantasy and I don't see why it shouldn't at least be an option as it is not so far fetched.
  • beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    #beards4everyone
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    beardo wrote: »
    #beards4everyone

I have a beard right now but have to shave it off to go on Holiday this Saturday. Sad and happy times at the same time lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • suprvilln wrote: »
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

You thought the game was supposed to be realistic, but it has elves, dwarves, and orcs and a host of other mythical creatures? lol...

Bearded dwarf women is not a new thing when it comes to fantasy and I don't see why it shouldn't at least be an option as it is not so far fetched.

I mean, Steven did say he wanted the game to be realistic. Thats why gunpowder and anime girls don't exist in the game.
  • CJWCJW Member
    Why not have all beard and hair styles available to all genders? The more options for not kids of work the better. I would love a game with just one character model and sliders for pecs or boobs, curvy body or narrow hips. When you look at real people there’s so much diversity in body shapes that you can’t just break it down into male and female.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    female not femail

Virtue is the only good.
  • I want to make bearded woahman
  • It does make some sense to have an option of dwarves to not look like freaks. This is an example of not giving a player choice actually fulfills a fantasy for those who do not want to be a race with women beard freaks.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • XyphienXyphien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Lucky dude. We had someone in our food lion with a full on beard, mustache and all. She was old though but it was kind of gross.

None the less, as for realism, I'm pretty sure dwarfs are harry individuals, that's like saying no female has hair to include other animals and species. Plus you have that one disability where your body does not stop producing hair and your whole body in engulfed in it.
  • Xyphien wrote: »

Plus you have that one disability where your body does not stop producing hair and your whole body in engulfed in it.

That sounds terrifying, I have enough trouble with the hair on my head shedding freaking everywhere
  • NGL, as an orc I will marry a female dwarf with beard. Sexy af ;)

Let's make a little bearded Vek dwarf.
  • Beards for everyone! Huzzah!!

9OE80c0.png
    Just play the game man. I don't understand what the appeal of a female dwarf with a beard is.

Who said I wasn't going to play the game? Just curious and wanted to ask. Shit, I didn't know if someone asks a question it means they are automatically disinterested from that thing. "hey is their syrup?" "welp guess you gotta throw away all your pancakes now"

suprvilln wrote: »

I mean, Steven did say he wanted the game to be realistic. Thats why gunpowder and anime girls don't exist in the game.

I'm looking forward to your forum post in the future complaining about a fight against an unrealistic dragon in this FANTASY mmo. I guess they really dropped the ball when they included those fictional things into this FANTASY mmo.
  • Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    It does make some sense to have an option of dwarves to not look like freaks. This is an example of not giving a player choice actually fulfills a fantasy for those who do not want to be a race with women beard freaks.

I'm confused by this, do you think women are freaks if they have beards?
  • Marcet wrote: »
    NGL, as an orc I will marry a female dwarf with beard. Sexy af ;)

Let's make a little bearded Vek dwarf.

Gotta watch out for that talk of interspecies marriage between a fantasy Orc and Dwarf. Gonna upset the realistic and anti-freaks crowd.

Haha, but nah it's cool they are gonna be having inter species and inter-gender marriages tho.
  • Welp, it seems I'm more than likely not going to get any real info out from this forum post. I am glad to see other players also interested in the Nikua dwarves being able to have beards. I can accept if theirs 'reasons' that they do not have beards, was just curious why that is. It is surprising some find that fantasy dwarven women would be unrealistic, you know because of their beards. Than theirs also the other(s) that believe a woman with a beard is a freak, cuz you know women I guess don't have any body/facial hair?

I'm just gonna move on y'all. Happy AoC hype, hope the dream this game is built on comes true.

#beards4everyone
  • tugowar wrote: »
    female not femail

oh thanks for that correction, wish I had seen that mistake before. much appreciated.
  • Fuji Raion wrote: »

suprvilln wrote: »

I'm looking forward to your forum post in the future complaining about a fight against an unrealistic dragon in this FANTASY mmo. I guess they really dropped the ball when they included those fictional things into this FANTASY mmo.

I know this was meant to be smarmy but unrealistic dragons did actually come up lol
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I find that dwarf beards make great stuffing for pillows
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace