Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Test Your Ashes of Creation Knowledge

NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Dear Ashes of Creation brethren and enthusiasts,

I've put together a 50-question Quiz on Ashes of Creation for the community to partake in. The purpose is three-fold:

1) as a means to educate newer enthusiasts as well as to test the knowledge of veteran lurkers
2) to create a friendly (hopefully) competitive atmosphere (leader-boards exist)
3) to give the community something to do while we all wait for Alpha-1 to start (either as participants or viewers of those that will be streaming)

INFO ABOUT THE QUIZ:
- Quiz will be up for 1 week for anyone to participate but only one entry per IP address is allowed.
- The first page asks for a name - this is for Leader-Board purposes only
- The questions will progressively get tougher... you might want to brush up on your knowledge prior to taking the quiz. There is no "Timer" on the quiz... so you are able to pause on a question and go research the topic. If people are interested a timed future quiz could be a thing.
- Please read the question carefully. I did not intentionally make any wording difficult or tricky but I am limited by the type of trivia questions the Quiz Maker website can handle so sometimes the question might seem oddly phrased in order to enable me to ask more variety of questions. Having said this, do note that a question asking "How many Parent Races are there in Ashes of Creation?" is different than a question asking "How many Races are there in Ashes of Creation?" as these would have different correct answers.
- All questions and answers have been verified for accuracy by the maintainer of the Ashes of Creation Wiki (thanks Lex!!!) and are based on information acquired from the study of the Wiki current as of Aug 6, 2020. Your responses and the correct answers to all questions will be provided on the last page once you complete the quiz.
- I have stayed away from asking any questions related to Cosmetics, Release Info (including Alphas/Betas), or mechanic that are either not well known or described yet (e.g., questions about archetype skills or specific augments that can be applied).
- I'll share another post after the one week quiz is taken down providing information about various metrics on the quiz (e.g., which question was the toughest, how many participated, etc.)
- NOTE: I do not own the website the quiz is hosted on - any IT issues or concerns I cannot answer or address.

I do ask that you do not discuss questions & answer in this Thread please to provide a spoil-free experience for others. Please use the Ashes of Creation Discord or Forums to discuss any sources of confusion or information about the game. If you find any errors in the Ashes of Creation Wiki please join the Wiki Discord and let them know. I'll cross-post this entire message on Ashes of Creation Reddit as well to provide more visibility and to garner greater engagement.

Thanks and hopefully you will enjoy the quiz.

QUIZ: http://www.quiz-maker.com/QOVDWS2W

Comments

• Options
    AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes I will post here too! \o/ 8 is my favorite number, im content with my imperfect score
    Thank you for making a fun quiz!
    Now Im waiting for Jahlon's and Lex's perfect scores to pop up.

e9de1909eb48ed357f7e193d6d7f4fea.png
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Lex technically should not be allowed to participate as he was kind enough to proof-read the entire quiz and check it for accuracy. I will say, he took the quiz while doing the proof-read and got 49 out of 50. ;)
  • Options
    AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nostra wrote: »
    I will say, he took the quiz while doing the proof-read and got 49 out of 50. ;)
    Gasp!! Its reassuring to know he is human lol
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Only got 42 :(
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nostra wrote: »
    Lex technically should not be allowed to participate as he was kind enough to proof-read the entire quiz and check it for accuracy. I will say, he took the quiz while doing the proof-read and got 49 out of 50. ;)

Damn, should have read this before I plunged in! Please delete both of my attempts :bawling:
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Lex you can take many attempts but it only uses your first submission. I will leave your one attempt as it is what you got when you did it first time anyways (even with the handicap of proof-reading).
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I just realized i dont know shit about ashes lore haha
  • Options
    I don't know if I missing something but I thought they were only going to have 103 nodes and then you said plus castle nodes which would make it 108 correct?
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    AnimusIV wrote: »
    I don't know if I missing something but I thought they were only going to have 103 nodes and then you said plus castle nodes which would make it 108 correct?

Every castle has 3 nodes to it. So 103+15=118.
  • Options
    @AnimusIV
    As @CaptnChuck pointed out. Every castle has 3 nodes so 103 + (5 * 3) = 118. Good question. I will review all the questions and answers in a future post in a few days.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    AnimusIV wrote: »

Every castle has 3 nodes to it. So 103+15=118.

Ok thank you, I didn't realize that each Castle had three nodes.
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    sigh...I got a miserable 35/50 =(. Im not very proud of myself. I didnt want to treat this like an open book test. I wish i would've retained more. Gah
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    If enough people welcome it I'll make more quizzes in the future. Especially as Alpha-1 information becomes available.
  • Options
    cellesiecellesie Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Had fun, thank you for making it!
  • Options
    Quiz is now Closed!
    See this Post for Summary
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Quiz ended way too soon...
  • Options
    There will be more quizzes in the future. Probably monthly.
  • Options
    victisragevictisrage Member
    edited August 2020
    Can't wait for the next one. Missed it this time.
  • Options
    Saw this one when it was posted but I kept putting it off now I realize it had a 1 week limit, darn!

@Nostra Any chance you can list out just the questions or even just a screenshot of the questions page only? I saw you posted the Q&A on reddit but as soon as I saw you had the answers highlighted I stopped at Question 1, i'm hoping to test myself and then i can grade myself after using the answers on reddit.
  • Options
    @loghan I'm going to be releasing a bunch of quizzes in the next week or so. I have been working on writing my own Django-based trivia app so I am not reliant on a hosting service.

More exciting things to come.
  • Options
  • Options
    ah, too bad there was a time limit, I would like to have taken it.

I would have just answered "Tulnar" for everything though, so how do you think that would have gone?
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    You can still take it @PlagueMonk , just won't count for prize eligibility or leaderboard standing
  • Options
    Lore DynamicLore Dynamic Member
    edited October 2020
    Hey @Nostra , Thanks for taking the time to reply/respond to all those Q&A Questions coming up for the Oct. 30 Live Stream. You're awesome for taking the time to look up the answers and post those. Nice work!

You're a very knowledgeable member of the community.
    :)

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL