Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Intrepid Studio is Hiring and We can Help!!!

Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
Intrepid Studio is Hiring and You can help!!!

Hey All You Supporters of Ashes of Creation!!

One AMAZING thing you could do right now to show your Support is to use your Social Media access and link...

https://intrepidstudios.com/careers

Get the word out that Intrepid Stuidio (AoC) is Hiring!!!

Hiring in the Game Development space can be one of the toughest markets to get good people! We all want them to have the best quality applicants so get that message out!!!

Thank You!! And here is a cookie πŸͺ!!

Fuppo.
volunteer_moderator.gif
Β«1

Comments

• Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Oh extra cookies need more than one!! πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • nom nom nom. damn was that a home made cookie? it was delicious.
    best of luck Intrepid.
    With the recent exposure I feel like they are going to be bombarded with applicants of very high quality as they are making larger waves with each passing month and they always seem to find very good staff.
    Yup!
    Even with the added exposure it is still a very competitive environment!
    Also many times people in the industry will not see a new opportunity because they are buried in work!!

Every little bit of getting the word out will help Intrepid get that candidate they are looking for!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good cookie!

If we refer someone and they get hired, do we get an in-game plate of cookies? Please?
  • I second in-game cookies. preferably ginger snaps, but i'll take what I can get.
  • NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid is like the diamond in a pile of coal.

I wouldnt be surprised if they are being piled with applicants already
    Some of the positions are hard to fill at any time in for studios!! More applications they get the better pool they have to hire from!!! Get the word out!! πŸ₯³
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • This is a great idea! I already have a few in mind to refer. Let's all help Intrepid get the best talent out there.
    edited August 2020
    Nice!!! :) .. restocked the cookies!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Woo Hoo! More cookies! Do you have the ones with the chocolate chips? I love them.
    If we refer them, can we make it a hiring requirement that they make game cookies a thing?
    We can check to see if they need to be responsible for at least one cookie related project... I will be ok with them just eating cookies as they do their part for the project though!!! πŸ₯³
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Go get Bill Trost and Steve Clover. Unlikely though, and Everquest bias.

I always liked Matt Higby from Planetside 2. Maggie should know him well. Seemed like a real nice guy.
    Well there are a few original EQ developers on the Intrepid staff already! More the Merrier?! :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • They already have great talent, no reason why they shouldn't have more! Let's get out there and bring in some more for them.
    Update: they have hired 12 of the 24 for this hiring sprint!! Keep getting the word out!!! πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I make this post at the risk of sounding like Debbie Downer, but I do so with the best intent. I think Intrepid Studios has less of a problem attracting qualified applicants and more of a problem processing the applications that they receive. I know for a fact that Intrepid Studios is sitting on applications for jobs that are still listed and other opportunities that have gone unaddressed for weeks.

There is some evidence to suggest that Intrepid Studios is in the habit of hiring people who their current employees already know. Not to pick on anybody in particular but one of their earliest hires has no prior game development experience, but was considered for hire because of a personal connection with Steven. https://youtu.be/pQIH2YGfknY?t=522 Time Stamp: 8:42

https://youtu.be/6GySx-cU6Js?t=1058 Time Stamp: 17:38

Several team members during developer updates have mentioned working with each other on previous projects. https://youtu.be/pQIH2YGfknY?t=1415 Time Stamp: 23:35

References are a great place to start when hiring, but when positions need to be filled, it may be wise to consider other applicants.

One problem with having a group that is too homogenous is groupthink. Here is but one article that addresses groupthink in the context of hiring. https://hireology.com/blog/is-groupthink-leading-you-to-a-bad-hire/ Another problem is a lack of diversity in experience and skillsets. The best candidate might have an unexpected background. That is why it is important to follow up on all applications and opportunities that come your way.

My recommendation for Intrepid Studios is to hire somebody to help conduct the rest of their hiring.
  • In the gaming industry, pretty much everyone has worked with all the others since people move around so much. Over they years, I think everyone has at least met everyone else. And they are looking for certain skills. If someone knows that this other person has those skills, why not hire them?

How do you know that they do not have a hiring manager already?
    πŸ™‚..... they need as many applicants as possible to pick out of a pool of people... you do not just hire the first person who comes along... more cookies!!! πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ. Thank you all that have been spreading the word!!!

Fuppo
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Update: they have hired 12 of the 24 for this hiring sprint!! Keep getting the word out!!! πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

Where do you get that info from?

• Fuppo knows all.
    Just asked Steven in discord few days ago is all lol.... was lucky enough to get a reply.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Whoever writes the NPC dialouge for ESO writers. Get them, its one of the good things about ESO is the quests are actually interesting and unique most of the time not related to any main quest.

• LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Between @Lex and @Fuppo Headhunter there is all the knowledge. They either know it or will find it. And, just because, they will share it.

Cookies for all! :cookie:
    Thank you Lex :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Living 10 mins from the studio it's a shame I didn't get into the gaming industry. :smiley:
  • It would be interesting to know if they have an in-house recruiter, or what their strategy is. I work in Recruitment however in the UK but would be happy to help with boolean searches for roles etc if asked. :)
    Kaelang wrote: Β»
    It would be interesting to know if they have an in-house recruiter, or what their strategy is. I work in Recruitment however in the UK but would be happy to help with boolean searches for roles etc if asked. :)
    Maybe check with Lt. Toast about that πŸ™‚
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    Intrepid has updated the hire list !!! Keep on spreading the word !!!

https://intrepidstudios.com/careers

πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I just started my Bachelor's in 3D Animation and Game Design, I really hope to one day be able to apply for a job!
    E8OOol.gif