Evil Religions?

JudethJudeth Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Will worshiping The Ancients or The Others over the other religions be an option?

If a guild decides to follow one of the "evil" religions will it actually have an impact on the divine nodes?

From what I can tell there are five God's listed:

Goddess of Love
Goddess of Creation
Goddess of Fate (Norlan)
God of Hope (Resna)
God of Truth (Shol)

Yet there are only three "orders":

The Order of hope is an Alean human order based in the capital city of Aela. The patron deity is Resna.
The Order of fate is a Kaivek orc order headquartered in the capital city of Ren. Patron deity is Norlan.
The Order of truth is a Pyrian elven order headquartered in the capital city of Amera. Patron deity is Shol.

So do we know what religions/orders we will be able to join (that include the progressions and benefits)? This is an important topic to bring up, because say someone wants to have an evil religious guild; if it doesn't actually impact the world what would be the point? Hopefully we get more information in the future.
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions

Edit:
There are six primary religions as well as an Underrealm religion.
Religion is intended to be a motivator, not an aesthetic.
Choosing a religion enables a player to walk a light or a dark path.

This is from the wiki. So there will be "evil" religions, I wonder if that only includes the Underrealm religion though.

Comments

• Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd be down for an evil religion
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Steven and Jeff on purpose avoid giving details about the Lore and Religions, over the 3+ years many Q&As have raised such questions so i'm not sure we will know much more until Beta or even full launch.

But yes in Q&A they have atleast confirmed there are "evil" religions that worship the "evil" gods and that us players can join religious groups and that by progressing/completeing quests for your evil religion it puts experience points towards that Node's advancement and can cause that node to be more greatly influenced by that religion.

This leads me to believe/hope that players could very much work together to make sure that a certain node in the world focuses purely on supporting the evil god religion and the "Religion Node" type and that node will somehow look and act very different than other nodes. My hope would be any player who walks into that node immediately can tell that because they are a "holy crusader knight of the light" that the vendors in that city don't sell to them or if they do sell it's at 300X the price. (this part about NPCs acting differently to you based on what societies you are from is a confirmed feature btw)
  • loghan wrote: »
    This leads me to believe/hope that players could very much work together to make sure that a certain node in the world focuses purely on supporting the evil god religion and the "Religion Node" type and that node will somehow look and act very different than other nodes. My hope would be any player who walks into that node immediately can tell that because they are a "holy crusader knight of the light" that the vendors in that city don't sell to them or if they do sell it's at 300X the price. (this part about NPCs acting differently to you based on what societies you are from is a confirmed feature btw)

This is exactly the type of stuff I hope to see as well. Adds a little more dimension to the game.
    loghan wrote: »
    Steven and Jeff on purpose avoid giving details about the Lore and Religions, over the 3+ years many Q&As have raised such questions so i'm not sure we will know much more until Beta or even full launch.

My only concern here is how these "secret societies" could hinder certain players. I love the idea of finding stuff as I play, but at the same time it could cause me to lose progression. I'm a competitive player but I also enjoy my role-play. So when I make a character I usually try to know what type of story i'm going for so I don't fall behind by making a new character or switching certain progression paths. It's kind of a double edged sword with this game.

I suppose I can do my best to explore the world during beta.
  • If they implement this well in the game, making the NPCs of a node (even important NPCs) give quests that would make us the bad guys (like the other thread about bad guys that has been here these data) , I will for real no-life (in the best and healthy way I could) this game for sure.
  • Hopefully there'll be quite some others that choose the evil religion, elsewise all the NPC's are going to hate us.
    Dark Knight
    ufuyomxeubws.gif
  • As someone who has played an evil cleric in D&D for the last three years, this thread makes me very happy. XD
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All Hail Nagash the Great Necromancer, the Great Betrayer,Elder bones, the Usurper, the Undying King, the Supreme Lord of Undeath.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace