Node progression

Could there be such a server where an essential node doesn’t exist?

Particularly: costal metropolis.

If the most legendary ship blueprints are only build able while a costal metropolis exists? So would certain things just not be possible without one?

Or could one be built, few people gain access to those blueprints, and then destroyed and there be an imbalance in ship PVP or PVE? Just a thought.

Comments

• No, there is no such thing. Why create separate servers for such small things?
  • RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Err.. From what I understand there will always be the potential nodes, but they might not make it to stage 6 is all. So, if a server really wanted that stage 6 coastal node, they would attempt to destroy some level 6 in order to de-level a nearby node and then level the coastal one to 6. So, it should be possible.
  • If your note is costal and is locked to tier 5 but you want tier 6 then siege your parrent note and advance.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • So I understand that it could be sieged and with enough player coordination anything can happen. My point was, what if it became nobodies priority to do so, and the entire server lacked any level 6 costal cities and for a substantial time period and what affects that might have.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    There will be plenty of Sea Raiders, Sea Traders and Guild Naval Fleets. I wouldn't fear for Coastal Metros.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So I understand that it could be sieged and with enough player coordination anything can happen. My point was, what if it became nobodies priority to do so, and the entire server lacked any level 6 costal cities and for a substantial time period and what affects that might have.
    That might require some end-game subterfuge, planning and hard work. *shrug*
  • WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2020
    Could there be such a server where an essential node doesn’t exist?

Particularly: costal metropolis.

If the most legendary ship blueprints are only build able while a costal metropolis exists? So would certain things just not be possible without one?

Or could one be built, few people gain access to those blueprints, and then destroyed and there be an imbalance in ship PVP or PVE? Just a thought.

How i understand your question:
    Will there be certain aspects of the game (in your case ships) that won't be part of the game on certain servers, due to the Requirements (Node 5-6) not being met.

@PurpleHurricane
    The answer is yes.

Particularly in your example:
    The coastal nodes define what size/caliber of ship that can be built through their harbor system.
    Let's assume, there are
    • legendary grade ships, that require a LvL 6 Coastal Node to be built
    • or epic grade ship, that require a LvL 5 Coast Node to be built

If the highest coastal node on the server is limited to Level 4, then you won't see these Ships, as the requirement for their building process have not been met. This won't change until the server sieges the nodes, that lock the coastal node from raising to the next level.

Just a few (of many) examples how something similar could affect a server:

Level 6 Scientific nodes provide the ability to repair legendary items through their Academy building.
    If the highest Scientific node is Level 5, then you won't be able to repair legendary grade items.

LeveL 6 Scientific nodes also provide the ability to have Legendary Freehold Schematics and Legendary Crafting Benches. -> No LvL 6 scientific node, no legendary schematics and crafting benches.

Level 5/6 Economic nodes unlock the Galleria/Emporium Building. These provide the ability to
    • train Tier 2 / Tier 3 mules
    • accept Tier 3 / Legendary Monster Bounties

No economic node on this level would mean this features wouldn't be part of your server.
  • So I understand that it could be sieged and with enough player coordination anything can happen. My point was, what if it became nobodies priority to do so, and the entire server lacked any level 6 costal cities and for a substantial time period and what affects that might have.
    All you need to build ships is a harbor, you dont need a tier 6 node to build ships
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • At least from my understanding, the only thing that allows legendary crafting are certain relics. And it doesnt clarify what level a node needs to be to aquire them. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Relics
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Warth, great response! I’m interested to see how these things play out.

Dolyem there are not just certain levels of ships attainable at tier 6, but pieces of ships made by ship builders only available at tier 6 harbors.
  • @Dolyem steven mentions it directly in his solo AMA
  • @PurpleHurricane https://youtu.be/JBCY-A-GUqI?t=4967 So I rewatched and yes it does say node progression affects the tier of ships you can build. I would want a clarification as to how high up it can go. So far there are only 3 classes of ships so you may not need to go higher than a tier 4 or 5 node. However, if you are correct and need a tier 6 node and relics for a legendary ship, at the very least you wouldnt have to worry about being outclassed by other people seeing as they would be limited to what you can also aquire on your server. But now I really want this specifically confirmed.

GJjUGHx.gif
  • @Dolyem now if you reread my original post. Theoretically you could obtain legendary ships and ship parts, create a few pieces on the market, and then get rid of that node and prevent it from being obtained again (think of a massive guild manipulating and owning this). That could then massively control the balance of something like ship PVP. Because imagine only 100 people on the sever have maxed out ships.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do to the design of the game some content may never be seen on some servers. If node 42 never gets past level 3 a raid boss may never show up.
    Will be interesting to see how things play out.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    So I understand that it could be sieged and with enough player coordination anything can happen. My point was, what if it became nobodies priority to do so, and the entire server lacked any level 6 costal cities and for a substantial time period and what affects that might have.
    All you need to build ships is a harbor, you dont need a tier 6 node to build ships

@Dolyem

The ship building capabilities of the harbor scale with the Level of the Node this harbor is attached to.
    You need higher tier nodes (with higher tier harbors) to construct higher tier ships.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KtVUiS7yAHE&feature=youtu.be&t=1h59m09s
    Till 20:00:40

Also,
    Regarding the legendary crafting and repairs:
    https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-04-10-know-your-nodes-scientific-node-type

• DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 2020
    @PurpleHurricane This being purely an assumption, I would guess since you need a portion of the resources to repair an item, you would also need the correct level station to perform the repairs on a legendary item. Thus making it counterproductive to get rid of the node.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • @bloodprophet it only makes me think of if there should ALWAYS be a way to reach this Content or if that’s the deciding factor on just “letting it play out”
    @warth
    Simultaneously COULD someone with such access, switch servers (paid or otherwise) and bring in legendary pieces sold cheaply on one server (let’s say 6 tier 6 costal nodes) and bring them to a new server which does not have that access and sell them at a serious premium.
  • @Dolyem mmm do ships need repairing and maintenance or are they more like mounts? Need more info! But ultimately all of this really is a catch designed to be thought provoking of ways individuals could potentially break the game in any aspect
  • Simultaneously COULD someone with such access, switch servers (paid or otherwise) and bring in legendary pieces sold cheaply on one server (let’s say 6 tier 6 costal nodes) and bring them to a new server which does not have that access and sell them at a serious premium.

Man I hope they don't do server transfers.
    GJjUGHx.gif
    Why should there always be a way? If choices matter and the community on a server makes the choice to not level a coastal node why should the DEV's step in and force it?

Server transfers won't be a thing.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • @Dolyem mmm do ships need repairing and maintenance or are they more like mounts? Need more info! But ultimately all of this really is a catch designed to be thought provoking of ways individuals could potentially break the game in any aspect

I have been theory crafting ways to break different parts of the game for the past week. This is definitely a good thread. But honestly for how exclusive tier 6 nodes will be, it will probably be common that servers wont have a coastal node for a long time.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • @Dolyem i heading straight for the coast myself. Exclusively ship caravans sounds great.
    Hopefully you succeed in a level 6 coastal node. I would like to see a wide range of nodes as more the better.
    Ans epic ship battles sound fun as well.
  • @PurpleHurricane Same here mate, but I be a pirate 1*yVQmUkAJD1U-rzjTwLdG-Q.jpeg
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • @Dolyem @bloodprophet im hoping to see ship pvp mechanics in the alphas. I hope they copy something from Ubisoft. But just being costal gives it the benefit, my question is what other pieces of terrain offer such benefits? More metal mines in mountains? Is this laid out somewhere?
  • @bloodprophet it only makes me think of if there should ALWAYS be a way to reach this Content or if that’s the deciding factor on just “letting it play out”
    @Warth
    Simultaneously COULD someone with such access, switch servers (paid or otherwise) and bring in legendary pieces sold cheaply on one server (let’s say 6 tier 6 costal nodes) and bring them to a new server which does not have that access and sell them at a serious premium.

I personally believe that they should keep it this way. You don't need access to these systems. They are not required at all, but it creates an incentive for people to strive for them, to band together and work toward getting them unlocked. The Principle, that nodes decide what content will be available on a specific server is corner stone of this game's development. This just ties into it in another way, making the Nodes more meaningful.

Server swapping is not planned at all. You want to switch server? Start over.
    To little is known unless you can find more on the wiki or ashes 101. There is a 3rd spot but I don't know the name.
    They have been pretty tight lipped about lore and details around node building but I would imagine the answer is yes, maybe.
    Be a good question for the next live stream/AMA.
  • @Warth I’m glad server swapping won’t be available.

I’m optimistic for the mood of each server to set up the architecture of the nodes