Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Destructible Environments

Title says it all, lets get behind this

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We are still years away from an MMO with fully destructible environments
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Start with something as simple as bridges: which would deny access to a part of a raid or environment. A class which could then interact and assist in rebuilding the bridge as a dependable and essential member of the team, this could play wildly into sieges.
  • Options
    Start with something easy as harvesting all existing trees/plants etc. - changes the enviroment and other games already did this.
  • Options
    How about build a dam upstream of a river. Changes down stream to a desert and generates power (or some resource) for the upstream node.
  • Options
    Well, for now we can expect that cities can be built and destroyed, individual buildings placed by mayors and built up by citizens, and maybe bridges in the future too to give caravans better access to the city.

If mayors can decide how accessible the city is, that would also impact how defensible it is. Big if, of course.

We also know that, as a node grows, the environment changes, so it's not individual acts that shrink a forest, but the combined efforts of hundreds of players. On an individual level, you can build freeholds that become destroyed when the node falls. More may follow.

Even if that's all the ways to influence the environment dynamically, I feel like that's a pretty damn good list already.
  • Options
    I completely agree but I can’t help but yearn for something more strategic. This game certainly provides the opportunity to be fully immersive