Question in regards to dungeons/raids in AOC

Questions for those who might know about AOC. Anyone know if the word dungeons and raids are the same thing when talked about this game? Also anyone know how long time wise a dungeon or Raid may last from start to finish? Also will there be a single piece of loot for say a party of 8-40 to roll over? Or will there be some sort of reward system for everyone upon completion of the raid/dungeon? Any information on this would be great. Thank you all.

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Dungeons and raids are sometimes similar and sometimes different.

If you are talking about going into a specific location to clear out the content, then yes they are similar. Some dungeons/raids are instanced (20%) most are not (80%)

If you are talking about forming up a group of 16/24/32 or 40 and going off to fight a World Boss no they are different. Raids will be the things that go after the World and Regional Bosses.

There are no "rewards" or "participation trophies" just for showing up. This is going back to the old school where you run with people and you might get a piece of loot or you might not.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Snow FallSnow Fall Member
    edited August 2020
    I was hoping for more specific of answers. Maybe I will try asking this way. Lets say a group of 8 goes into a dungeon. I am hoping I got that right so far for party size/content. How long is a typical dungeon expected to take to complete? Or is this a dungeon that never ends and just keeps getting harder and harder and with each mini boss or boss loot is dropped? Apologizes too as my question got bigger in my mind when re asking. A raid sounds like a global boss for the server. In that case say a party of 40 goes in and kills it..only one person out of 40 is going to get something? Based on time spent that could equal to a lot of disappointment players. Not sure about you, but if I spent over 100 hours on raids and dungeons and have nothing to show for it, I think I would start to feel a little less excited about trying again. Its not a participation trophy issue, its in part putting in tons of effort and still get nothing issue I think could possibly happen. Especially if its going to take 3 hours to do per shot. If the raids are say 20 min -1 hour then its not so bad loosing out. When trying on your spare time here and there when also dealing with real life. I am just trying to get an idea of time/vs reward system this game has. Or is the system built where the bigger the party the longer it takes.. like 30 min for a 8 man party, 24 1 hours, ect. Hopefully that helps a bit more as far as my question goes. Thanks again if you can answer.
  • Snow Fall wrote: »
    I was hoping for more specifics of answers. Maybe I will try asking this way. Lets say a group of 8 goes into a dungeon. I am hoping I got that right so far for party size/content. How long is a typical dungeon expected to take to complete? Or is this a dungeon that never ends and just keeps getting harder and harder and with each mini boss or boss loot is dropped? Apologizes too as my question got bigger in my mind when re asking. A raid sounds like a global boss for the server. In that case say a party of 40 goes in and kills it..only one person out of 40 is going to get something? Based on time spent that could equal to a lot of disappointment players. Not sure about you, but if I spent over 100 hours on raids and dungeons and have nothing to show for it, I think I would start to feel a little less excited about trying again. Its not a participation trophy issue, its in part putting in tons of effort and still get nothing issue I think could possibly happen. Especially if its going to take 3 hours to do per shot. If the raids are say 20 min -1 hour then its not so bad loosing out. When trying on your spare time here and there when also dealing with real life. I am just trying to get an idea of time/vs reward system this game has. Or is the system built where the bigger the party the longer it takes.. like 30 min for a 8 man party, 24 1 hours, ect. Hopefully that helps a bit more as far as my question goes. Thanks again if you can answer.

You have the right group size. @Snow Fall

Open World/Public Dungeons - 80% of Dungeons and Raid in AoC
    You might have a grave misunderstanding of Open World Dungeons.
    You don't enter and finish them. They are extensions of the Overworld, where you spend time continously killing monsters, bosses and potentially raid bosses for however long you want. The Monster and bosses within these type of public dungeon respawn in set intervalls.

Instanced Dungeons (the type of dungeons people know from WoW, FFXIV etc. - 20%
    We don't have a lot of information on those yet. We don't know how long these will take to complete.

World Bosses
    yes, potentially only one person gets something.
    Potentially a couple of people, depending whether you are blessed by Lady Luck or not.
    This might include gear, special mount eggs, crafting materials or whatever else is in the loot table.
    There is no personal loot, it's all group/raid loot that has to be distributed through the group/raid.

You might not get something, but other people in your guild might. It's about community, not about your own personal greed for loot. If your guild received good items that strengthen it, then your raid boss hunt was successful, whether you got something personally or not.

Time vs Reward
    We can't estimate yet, how much time you'd have for how much reward, specifically for worldbosses/raids and group content.

This might highly depend on which of the World Bosses you challenge, what instance/public raid or dungeon you visit.

Intrepid however is gunning for a system that rewards people for the time they have put in, whether you'll personally get this rewards or not, that's something you have to take up with your raid/guild.

Content Scaling depending on party/raid size
    does not exist.
    Abilities might work differently, but the Attributes and HP of A boss won't be reduced if you challenge it with less people.
  • Thank you, sorry if my questions are out there, I am not used to this type of MMO reward system, so I am trying to understand it. I am coming from Never Winter where a typical end game dungeon goes 45 min to about 1.5 hours based on dps and at the end everyone gets a chest with random loot in it. It even has reroll tokens that you can try to reroll 5 times for more added rng in case you did not like your first rewards. But everyone gets a chest as team. And yes DPS/gear/build matters there. In case anyone is curious.
  • Snow Fall wrote: »
    Thank you, sorry if my questions are out there, I am not used to this type of MMO reward system, so I am trying to understand it. I am coming from Never Winter where a typical end game dungeon goes 45 min to about 1.5 hours based on dps and at the end everyone gets a chest with random loot in it. It even has reroll tokens that you can try to reroll 5 times for more added rng in case you did not like your first rewards. But everyone gets a chest as team. And yes DPS/gear/build matters there. In case anyone is curious.

That's commonly referred to as "personal loot" in the MMO genre.

It won't be a thing here.