Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Interweaving Guild Quest Arcs

Can we please have some epic quest arcs that involve much of the guild in different aspects, like contributing to crafting a powerful item necessary to kill a boss a specific way so that we get a forgotten scroll for a ritual that requires multiple casters, etc. And these quest arcs should interact with other guilds, sometimes cooperatively, sometimes competitively, who are in different quest arcs of their own that just intersect ours at points.

That would be much more fun than ganking people to steal their EQ-like mob spawn point to sit there and grind the same mobs for an hour.

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    One of my favourite quests was the L2 quest to lv up a lv3 guild to lv4 (thus enabling the guild to own a castle if it won the siege contest).

For that quest the guild had to find a witch. The leader would speak with the witch and receive poison/paralysis debuffs.

Then 4 guild members would have to face a bravery challenge. If failed the questions of the witch they'd die. If tgey succeeded these 4 members would have to go search for the antidote materials, one player for each zone. It would take a while (rng).

The rest of the guild had to keep the leader alive with healing, protect them from nearby mobs or other players that'd come to ruin the quests.
    Some of you might start screaming (I dont want others to attack me while iM trYinG tO haVE fUn) but honestly over the 9 years I was playing L2, I did this quest a few times and only once we were harassed for a couple of hours.

The lv5 quest was a lot harder (a lv5 guild could create an alliance, invite 3-4 other guilds, and lead them).
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Other such quests that were usually done with the guild were quests like Vark(Silenos mobs) vs Ketra(orc mobs).
    Guilds would choose to support either side of the war, meaning they'd have to kill either orcs or silenos mobs and raidbosses (open world).

Then the other side would reward the players with S grade (highest) blueprints for crafting.

There were similar quests for A grade and B grade gear crafting blueprints. All required teamwork.
  • Options
    Another quest was the class perfection. If you didnt belong to a guild this would take you many months to do alone.

A lv1 fighter would choose to become one of the 3 at lv 19, after an ez quest:
    Knight
    Warrior
    Rogue

At lv 40 a, let's say warrior would become either a gladiator(two swords or hammer/shield playstyle) or warlord (polearm/spear), after an ez but day long quest (could take 2 days).

At lv 76 a gladiator could become a duelist with this difficult quest that would take a week or two with the guild (or 3 months if you didnt belong to one).

Class perfection quests required the guilds help for the strong grindy mobs and raidbosses.
  • Options
    Another quest that required the guilds help was the subclass quest.

A 76 lv char with perfected class could add a second class in the same character, starting at lv40. You could switch between classes in any town, and receive some bonus passives in your main class depending on what type your second class was.

The subclass quests required grind, crafting (rng would make some of the craft fail, so... a bit of extra grind). Also you needed some raidbosses in a tower that is ALSO difficult to climb alone.
    That is why you needed the guild to help. Ususlly when groups of people reached 76 lv they would get organized to do the class perfection and subclass quests.
  • Options
    After the subclass quest was completed a player could become a Noblese. A noblese had a buff that could cast to any target which maintained a players buffs upon death once. (Due to L2, buff system this was HUGE in PvP).

The quest to become a noblese was similar to the above mentioned quests. If a player did not belong into a guild, becoming a noblese would take months.

A noblesse could add a third and a forth class to the same character starting at lv 40. The 2 extra classes also provided passive abilities to the main class.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Noblese players could take part in the Grand Olympiad every night.

1v1 fights. At the end of the month, one player from each of the 30 classes, with the most points would become a hero for one month:
    Hero weapons (stronger than S grade)
    Hero skill lines (great for pvp suprimasy)
    Hero points shop (very usefull items either for usage or profit if sold to other players).
    Hero glowing Aura.
    Hero true global shout (on 30s cd).
    Good for bander or trading.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    These are the quests that I want to see implemented in AoC systems.

Not ESO/final fantasy/bdo type quests that offer peanut rewards and are the main XP method. Those singplayer story mode quests force players to isolate and play with NPCs instead of playing with friends.
    Exploration is non existant, just a minimap with points of interest.

They also promote Group Finder tools, instead of social interaction.
  • Options
    God I miss L2......
  • Options
    Encouraging social interaction and meaningful group play is exactly why i posted this idea.
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    One of my favourite quests was the L2 quest to lv up a lv3 guild to lv4 (thus enabling the guild to own a castle if it won the siege contest).

For that quest the guild had to find a witch. The leader would speak with the witch and receive poison/paralysis debuffs.

Then 4 guild members would have to face a bravery challenge. If failed the questions of the witch they'd die. If tgey succeeded these 4 members would have to go search for the antidote materials, one player for each zone. It would take a while (rng).

The rest of the guild had to keep the leader alive with healing, protect them from nearby mobs or other players that'd come to ruin the quests.
    Some of you might start screaming (I dont want others to attack me while iM trYinG tO haVE fUn) but honestly over the 9 years I was playing L2, I did this quest a few times and only once we were harassed for a couple of hours.

The lv5 quest was a lot harder (a lv5 guild could create an alliance, invite 3-4 other guilds, and lead them).

woah - lineage is one of the few games I never play but man that sounds awesome
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.