Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How many of you are in favor of in depth stat tracking? Win ratio for modes, K/D/A, damage, healing,

If you want them do you want them to be private? I would love in depth stats but would like them to be private and per character. In a PVP focused game this is important. Most importantly I want K/D tracked then win rate, successful caravan raids and pirate raids, etc.

Comments

• Options
    This is something I have never supported in any mmo.

In AoC, it's not going to be about you, but all around you. So, a kdr is irrelevant. How do you perform as a group.

The guy setting the bomb doesn't get kdr, because he is busy winning the match. And the medic is busy healing, that doesn't translate to kdr.

Sure, you can compensate, but it isn't kdr.

Kdr does not translate when you kill a world boss compared to killing 100 players.

So, no. I am not in support.
  • Options
    Kneczhevo wrote: »
    This is something I have never supported in any mmo.

In AoC, it's not going to be about you, but all around you. So, a kdr is irrelevant. How do you perform as a group.

The guy setting the bomb doesn't get kdr, because he is busy winning the match. And the medic is busy healing, that doesn't translate to kdr.

Sure, you can compensate, but it isn't kdr.

Kdr does not translate when you kill a world boss compared to killing 100 players.

So, no. I am not in support.

You can still have all those things without K/D effecting that. Which is why I want it to be private and per character. Since healers will naturally have lower K/D. You wouldn't even be interested in your win rate, raids?
  • Options
    DAoC has a private report... would tell you how albs and hibs you killed and how many deaths you had in that play session
  • Options
    GroxGrox Member
    Heavy support this. This game really needs this honestly. As long as they make it per character and private.
  • Options
    I allways support statistics , but they should not lead to a change in the way players play ashes. Node statistics ans economic statistics would be fine with me.
    [Fleo Verum] Carolus Dynamicus - Py'rai - Rogue+Fighter
  • Options
    3am3am Member
    Na, if it's a big deal to someone pen paper still exist. Experience the game, not data UI.
  • Options
    AptosAptos Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't believe it should be a feature implemented by the developers into the game. But many people do enjoy analytics, including myself and I think if people want to know how they are doing by looking at stats, they should be able to. 3rd Party websites should be able to do this work.

If people do not want to look at it, then don't.

And actually stats are a good way of knowing you are playing with someone at your own skill level. I cannot imagine how frustrating it would be in WoW or any other MMO to not know what is going on inside your raid, who is making mistakes, and who is doing well. It also gives you an understanding that you can improve, which has been a large part of why I keep playing certain MMO's.

• Options
    As a reminder, MMORPG means massively multiplayer online ROLE PLAYING GAME.

Statistics breakdown and analytics (and dps meters are no exception) completely destroy the part of fantasy and mystery that should exist in a role playing game.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree the stats on an MMO doesn't make a ton of sense especially one that's going to be group/team/siege focused. I would think that it might be a cool system for the arena(s) only and/or the military node championship characters - like old Roman/Gladiator times just for W:L stat.

Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    MalapapasMalapapas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As a person who works in Purchasing/Supply Chain and frequently host what we call "Reverse Auctions" for vendors to bid on projects, I can see the benefit of a system that allows you to see only your characters performance but not anybody else's. So in a raid, from your group of X it will tell you that you are rank Y in damage/healing/number of CC casts etc. and can tell you the values of the highest ranked person but wont tell you who that person is.... That way you can get info to help you progress (or simply turn off the feature if you dont care) but keeps the privacy intact.
  • Options
    I don't mind the scoreboard, as long as there is an option of HIDE my name on the scoreboard as an option.

Not everyone enjoys the publicity.
  • Options
    I would suggest you a possible hybrid to this difficult topic. I think those that participate in the Instanced PVE or PVP could have some type of after action report to use for helping get better as a team.
    The contents of this report could be very limited, but insightful enough to give you something to work towards on getting better at in the future or counter options.

To add on another cool feature that would be possible with today technology and game engines would be to also have recordings going on so you can watch a replay of it to understand positioning and tactics to be made better form only the data your client can use or see.
  • Options
    TarlachTarlach Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Having a system like L2 where you have a pvp/pk score by your stats would be cool. Not a fan of leaderboards, except for who wins arena battles.
    img]
  • Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't see what the point of such a system would be other than to inflate your ego (or not if you're not as good as you think you are lol). It just doesn't seem to fit into this game at all.

I mean GvG wins/losses, things like that, absolutely I'd like to see that sort of tracking. But individual PvP K/D, etc. Why? And how even, if most of it is open world stuff, would you track all those detailed stats per kill. It's not like we're going to have instanced BGs.
  • Options
    UlquiorraUlquiorra Member
    edited August 2020
    As a perfectionist. KDA stats terrorize me and make me dodge fights where my victory isn't guaranteed, like real life. I remember in Dragon Nest I had something like 300 kills 0 deaths as Crusader(Tank main DPS sub)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It all depends but most of the time it will be inaccurate in some way or another. For KDA the number means nothing most of the time in stuff like caravan raids etc.

The kill usually means the killing blow. So classes that have better finishers will have a higher kill stat.
    If I am a healer and I heal my party members that are taking damage and they get the kill is that an assist?
    Will a class have an in combat stealth? or some other escape that greatly increases their ability to escape death over others?

These and other factors just lead to KDA being a stat that can very easily be skewed. I am not against it. I just think people look deep into these numbers when they are actually somewhat meaningless. I can run around in a zerg or bigger group and inflate my KDA (especially if I have a better escape then others). While someone who runs around in a smaller group or even solo easily can be more skilled then myself but have a worse KDA then myself.

It is nothing more then an ego boost. Again I don't mind if this is in the game. It just is a misleading stat and really doesn't show anything as far as worth or skill in PVP. Win rates in certain modes I see as a better stat to watch.
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• Options
    EmoNagger wrote: »
    I don't mind the scoreboard, as long as there is an option of HIDE my name on the scoreboard as an option.

Not everyone enjoys the publicity.

Yes. That's what I'm saying that a lot who posted before you seem to not even read or completely ignore. Starting to annoy me that the only argument against stat tracking is peoples own personal insecurities and need for control.
    I'm willing to compromise for safe spacers and make it private stats.

I want it to be 100% PRIVATE and PER CHARACTER since healers and different classes will have different stats.

THIS IS FOR PERSONAL, AND PRIVATE USE. FOR ONES OWN ENJOYMENT AND USE *ONLY* .

What makes this even more important is add-ons will be banned.
  • Options
    Leiloni wrote: »
    I don't see what the point of such a system would be other than to inflate your ego (or not if you're not as good as you think you are lol). It just doesn't seem to fit into this game at all.

I mean GvG wins/losses, things like that, absolutely I'd like to see that sort of tracking. But individual PvP K/D, etc. Why? And how even, if most of it is open world stuff, would you track all those detailed stats per kill. It's not like we're going to have instanced BGs.

If that's all you'd use it for not everyone would use it for such a purpose. Even if people did it's private and only effects them. Let them have fun how they want. Actually this game has a big focus on PVP so it fits.

So you are partially for it. If that is too hard to design and program then it should be limited to win rate and K/D./A. Maybe a few other stats people like to keep track of. Also possibly have a quest to reset your stats if you desire.
  • Options
    Ulquiorra wrote: »
    As a perfectionist. KDA stats terrorize me and make me dodge fights where my victory isn't guaranteed, like real life. I remember in Dragon Nest I had something like 300 kills 0 deaths as Crusader(Tank main DPS sub)

Yes that seems to be the case for a lot of people posting here.

I think this game should have more systems to push people out of their safe spaces and need for control.

Remember I said private and per character. Also a quest should be added to reset your stats. This is just personal use and enjoyment.

If you focus too much on your own stats during a siege you may lose it. The guilds who didn't care about that wins and takes it. They earned it. That was a choice and they made it. Lets have more choices. Keep doing maybe those consequences will be too much change your ways.
  • Options
    It all depends but most of the time it will be inaccurate in some way or another. For KDA the number means nothing most of the time in stuff like caravan raids etc.

The kill usually means the killing blow. So classes that have better finishers will have a higher kill stat.
    If I am a healer and I heal my party members that are taking damage and they get the kill is that an assist?
    Will a class have an in combat stealth? or some other escape that greatly increases their ability to escape death over others?

These and other factors just lead to KDA being a stat that can very easily be skewed. I am not against it. I just think people look deep into these numbers when they are actually somewhat meaningless. I can run around in a zerg or bigger group and inflate my KDA (especially if I have a better escape then others). While someone who runs around in a smaller group or even solo easily can be more skilled then myself but have a worse KDA then myself.

It is nothing more then an ego boost. Again I don't mind if this is in the game. It just is a misleading stat and really doesn't show anything as far as worth or skill in PVP. Win rates in certain modes I see as a better stat to watch.

You're right. Yeah that's why it needs to be per character not global and tied to your account. Allow a quest to reset stats with a cool down if you so choose. For people who want to experiment and see how they do personally with different builds and characters.

If someone enjoys to play and wants to play the game that way let them. Let them have fun. Lets not micro manage them.

Idk if you guys base everything on your ego but not everyone does. In fact if you wanna go there the argument could be made accomplishing anything in the game is just an ego boost. Yes. I didn't say for measuring skill. It depends on the persons opinion if they use it to ''measure skill''. Again it's private and person use. Have you considered some people would spend a lot of time with this and just find it fun? Just for curiosity and experiment sake? Like if I do this, what shows here. Instead of just using your own personal bias of what happened you have some numbers to back it up. That's so fun and interesting.
  • Options
    UlfUlf Member
    AGAINST

There should be: No add on, no tracker, no chart, calc, meter, of any sort.

Have a great day!

:)
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    In the context of ranked Arena PvP its a must to have basic K|D|A and win ratio stats displayed.
    I would be surprised if they would not do that.
    In any other context such as open world PvP it would feel out of place and goes against their design philosophy
  • Options

You're right. Yeah that's why it needs to be per character not global and tied to your account. Allow a quest to reset stats with a cool down if you so choose. For people who want to experiment and see how they do personally with different builds and characters.

If someone enjoys to play and wants to play the game that way let them. Let them have fun. Lets not micro manage them.

Idk if you guys base everything on your ego but not everyone does. In fact if you wanna go there the argument could be made accomplishing anything in the game is just an ego boost. Yes. I didn't say for measuring skill. It depends on the persons opinion if they use it to ''measure skill''. Again it's private and person use. Have you considered some people would spend a lot of time with this and just find it fun? Just for curiosity and experiment sake? Like if I do this, what shows here. Instead of just using your own personal bias of what happened you have some numbers to back it up. That's so fun and interesting.

Like I said I am not for or against it. I can care less if it is in the game. Whenever something is implemented into the game like this though I think it needs to be looked at as how will all sides perceive it. I understand that you are saying how YOU personally will view it and use it. It has to take into account how all sides and players will use it. You keep going back and saying you didn't say for measuring skill...But that is something that has to be looked at due to the fact that many if not most will use it like that. I absolutely have considered that some people would use it for fun. Have you considered many will not? For you it will be used private and fun while for others it will be posted all over these forums in a thread labeled "Show your KDA". Again I go back to the fact I am fine with this being in game. I am just looking at both sides of the coin. For me personally I can care less if it is public and you can see my stats online. I just try to look at both sides and see how it was used in past games. Other games have made your stat sheet private or given the option for a player to make their stats private or public.
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a private tracking system sure. Global and public not so much. The more personal data we can have the better.
  • Options
    arsnn wrote: »
    In the context of ranked Arena PvP its a must to have basic K|D|A and win ratio stats displayed.
    I would be surprised if they would not do that.
    In any other context such as open world PvP it would feel out of place and goes against their design philosophy

How does it go against their design philosophy?
  • Options

Like I said I am not for or against it. I can care less if it is in the game. Whenever something is implemented into the game like this though I think it needs to be looked at as how will all sides perceive it. I understand that you are saying how YOU personally will view it and use it. It has to take into account how all sides and players will use it. You keep going back and saying you didn't say for measuring skill...But that is something that has to be looked at due to the fact that many if not most will use it like that. I absolutely have considered that some people would use it for fun. Have you considered many will not? For you it will be used private and fun while for others it will be posted all over these forums in a thread labeled "Show your KDA". Again I go back to the fact I am fine with this being in game. I am just looking at both sides of the coin. For me personally I can care less if it is public and you can see my stats online. I just try to look at both sides and see how it was used in past games. Other games have made your stat sheet private or given the option for a player to make their stats private or public.

I'm stating the other side that is being refused to talked about here and seen here. Read what's going on in the thread before coming with that bullshit. Don't make it personal like only I would use it this way. Don't assume and state most would use it for skill or something negative. You have and say neutral but only push one side and come with that. If they wanna use it for ''measuring skill', let them have their fun and FREEDOM. They can have their own community for that or whatever. People don't have to to play or talk with those people. Those people can have their own guild and community. You can't argue one side then say ''oh I don't care'' and come with all that other shit.

Yes as a compromise it should be private, per character, and a quest to reset it once a month if the person so chooses.