Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP Duels

Samurai SalamanderSamurai Salamander Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Something I wanted to bring up with the community regarding duels. I'm the kind of play who will sit and duel for hours on end if the combat is engaging enough and I'm sure Steven himself has sat in Marianople dueling everyone and their mum just like many of us have. That being said it's always 1v1, and whilst that is fun and all, it's not a great way to learn group play and theory test. With that in mind I wonder if a duel system would work where it's set as a party duel rather than a straight 1v1.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    agree 100% having party duels we would be able to make 2v2 ,4v4 or even 1v3, would be awesome for community events
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree as well. It would create a ton of potential for community organised events.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Ye this makes much sense when you regard PvP is balanced around group play.
    1v1 might already be decided by the classes that enter the duel
  • Options
    UlquiorraUlquiorra Member
    edited August 2020
    As a fellow duel request spammer in AA. I do not fully agree with your suggestion. I have had a similar idea in mind before, which is: If you want group vs group in the open world, flagging a flagged player in another party should count as such, no penalties. The downside is that you could get interrupted by other players, therefore the arena is the right place for it (as well as for equalized PvP, my favorite :().
  • Options
    RuinredRuinred Member
    edited August 2020
    I always wanted group duels in every mmo. None have ever given it that I have played.

Wow kinda had it if you traveled to an arena in world but you always had the opportunity to get interrupted.
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    don't need duels, hate being spammed to duel. If you want to fight, go find a fight that you might not be able to inspect the gear and class first before in battle.
  • Options
    Don't worry fellas, AoC has our wishes covered already. Though you will have to go to an actual arena building in a node, their current design does not have the ability duel out in the wild.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas#Group_sizes
    "Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
    There won't specifically be guild vs guild arenas but team-based matchmaking allows teams to face other teams."

There were 2 live Q&A where the 20 man group size was brought up and while the wiki says "possibly" the 2nd interview had the devs leaning much more towards yes there will be sizes up to 20v20 and you can pick your team so two guilds could battle eachother.

I think the devs like keeping the duels in the arena mechanic because in there they will track things much more closely and create leader boards.
  • Options
    Group duels are always fun to test the meta builds out, and see what is and isn't working in a variety of circumstances. I'd join in.
  • Options
    BotBot Member
    That'd be really dope honestly. I also hope when the duels finish you're putting back to whatever HP/Mana you were at prior to the duel.