Guilds sell access to raids, I think it should be used within a system the game allows and measures.

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
If the devs are eventually going to offer a route towards "catch up" mechanics, I think they should be in game drops that guilds can farm for.

That way the people who've mastered the game, can sell access to their mastery in game and be rewarded with a legal taxable cut.

Comments

• Not so sure catch up mechanics will be needed in this game with the design it has. Not to mention catch-up mechanics are a sort of "convenience" that I doubt intrepid would get behind even if it was viable in the game.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • No thanks ... carry’s in wow are toxic at this point and whole RMT businesses are now like a cancer feeding even the largest guilds ... hard pass on it all
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The way the game is currently designed, a civilian can still be of much use during siege battles and protecting their home. I would put the lower level people on the siege equipment, doing repairs and getting any supplies we need.

It takes all hands on deck for a good siege defense, and everyone there regardless of level will be of use.

That being said, I don't really see why someone would feel like they have to rush to level.
  • Not sure where you are going with this topic. As it stands, hard core guilds will already have the upper hand for drops. But, with the AoC design (as I understand it) those raid drops won't be limited to just individuals (a sword) but components or possibly blueprints to spread throughout the community.

Intrepids (Steven) plan is to create a player run economy. Tough accomplishing this, if only the leet guilds obtain non transferable goods or gear.

Alas, the casuals or non hardcore's will be out getting components for said hardcore's to get twinked gear.

"I be killing dragons. You want my sword?, Go get me wood for my house."
  • Boosts in WoW are painful, the whole chat channels are just flooded with guilds selling runs.

Hard pass on any of that, even harder pass on supporting it.