Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Throwback Thursday! #2 Guild Memories.

NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Welcome back to Throwback Thursday! Only one day away from another Dev Live Stream!

Seeing as many of us will be looking forward to joining and playing with our guild in Ashes of Creation, let's talk about past and future guilds!

What was your first ever guild you were a part of? Have you ever made or ran a guild before? What was your favorite guild? And what about it made you love it so much?

In Ashes what kind of guilds do you hope to see? What kind of guild are you looking for, or plan to be a part of in Ashes? Is there anything more to do with guilds you would like to see in Ashes?

Link to Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/ihit9u/throwback_thursday_2_guild_memories/
StagAxiomSigCleaned.png

Comments

• Options
    KneczhevoKneczhevo Member
    edited August 2020
    I'll be honest. Most of my guild memories are standard, drama. Not saying bad, just typical guild politics.

But, here is one story.

It started when I joined my first guild. Wow (not wow) was that a shocker, there were people in this game! I'd been soloing for months, with the occasional passerby. I didn't know there were so many people playing. What a shocker. I'm in a new world now. People to chat and group with. I'm in heaven.

As I settle in and make new friends, I ended up making a little closer friend ( know what I mean?). We would have picnics under the wood elf tree and watch noobs fall out the treehouses. Start trains together, for noobs to get better gear. Buffing party's for corps runs. Fun times, we had.

Then... As things evolved. Yours truly, decided to make the move (nudge, nudge). To my demise, she informs me; I have a harem of men. What!?! I'm not the only one? My dreams were crushed. The images of orcs and elves having their way with my dream, ugh!

That sorta hurt. With my heart crushed and my loins about to explode. I decided to end our relationship and told her I was going to join some monestary.

So, off I went. Crushed, lonely and filled with seed that needed to be sowed. Solo for the first time in months. Sad times.

Then, one day, I came up with an idea. I will spread my seed, and show her. So, off I went. Traveling coast to coast. Down the deepest depths in search of those who will take my seed. I shall spread it and show her.

After weeks away, I decided to return to my homeland. Ready to confront my heartbreak.

"What have you been up to Knec?", She asks.

"I've been spreading my seed.", I reply.

"What do you mean?" She inquires.

I the holler "olly olly oxen free!" And all of a sudden, 40 lil noobs come running out yelling "Mommy! Mommy!", All wearing the guild tag "Son's of Knec".

I showed her. Good times.
  • Options
    I will also say that my guild memories have not been highlights in my gaming career and only the bad experiences stick out.

The worst memory was in WoW. I was playing a Dwarf Paladin and a guild group was going through one of the high level undead city instances (forget the name) well we were done and had just killed a big boss when an ultra rare dropped........it was a PALADIN weapon and the policy was, need before greed so the weapon 'should' have gone to me without question since I needed a better weapon anyway (and was the only Paladin in the group). Well the group leader picked it up, we left the scenario and I asked about getting the weapon.....The group leader told me one of the guild upper leaders had been looking for this weapon and he had already sent it to him....I was like WTF?! That should have gone to me. I laid out the situation in guild chat and everyone agreed that was the wrong thing to do but the guild leader had already bound it. They tried to buy me off with gold and a sorry but that incident told me this guild didn't play by the rules they set so I told them to FK off and left immediately.

Most of my other experiences have been more along the lines of just being one of the guild, nothing special. It would be nice for a change to find a guild that I could actually feel like a wanted member so maybe AoC will be it? :)

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I've never played any game long enough to be in a decent guild. Feels bad man.
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I used to be in an albion online guild, me and a group of friends made it, we were noobs, but we tried really hard to make our guild successful, we put in a lot of work and recruited like crazy, we made a lot of new friends along the way, and our guild grew to around 40-60 active players. We eventually went on to challenge the biggest alliance for a territory, and we won, it was honestly such a big deal for us, and it was an awesome feeling that I could champion my guild along with 4 of my closest friends to defeat this other guild that had way more resources then us.

This was the only guild that I ever felt like I was at home with, I have never felt more part of a community then with those guys, but then we ran into drama after drama, one of them involved me, a bad break up with one of the girls in the guild, wasn't the main reason for the guild to fall, but definitely a smaller piece of the puzzle. Still, sad to see the guild fall because it was amazing to get in voice chat and just chill with all my friends and work towards a common goal with people that I trust.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I sometimes miss my old WoW guild. It broke apart in the beginning of Battle for Azeroth because of internal strife (our two main tanks were best friends and then started hating each other, with one taking one half of the guild and the other taking the remains).

The good old days of laughing and inside jokes will be something which i will always treasure in my heart.
    Most confusing part: i was called Gürkchen (german for cornichon) for the last three years even though my ingame name was Damokles and now i will never hear my friends call me that ever again. No one even knew how it started, but we just kept it up. Good old days.

Most beloved inside jokes:
    1. Let me through I am a Tank! *Runs away*
    2. Rogues rule, druids drool. *gets killed by druid*
    3. *one person dies during a boss fight* Good run guys, lets reset.
    4. *everyone died except for one tank, one healer and 5 dds, boss has 15% remaining* okay guys, try to see the next phase and the just reset. *we grind down the boss in perfect coordination*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I will also say that my guild memories have not been highlights in my gaming career and only the bad experiences stick out.

The worst memory was in WoW. I was playing a Dwarf Paladin and a guild group was going through one of the high level undead city instances (forget the name) well we were done and had just killed a big boss when an ultra rare dropped........it was a PALADIN weapon and the policy was, need before greed so the weapon 'should' have gone to me without question since I needed a better weapon anyway (and was the only Paladin in the group). Well the group leader picked it up, we left the scenario and I asked about getting the weapon.....The group leader told me one of the guild upper leaders had been looking for this weapon and he had already sent it to him....I was like WTF?! That should have gone to me. I laid out the situation in guild chat and everyone agreed that was the wrong thing to do but the guild leader had already bound it. They tried to buy me off with gold and a sorry but that incident told me this guild didn't play by the rules they set so I told them to FK off and left immediately.

Most of my other experiences have been more along the lines of just being one of the guild, nothing special. It would be nice for a change to find a guild that I could actually feel like a wanted member so maybe AoC will be it? :)

I hope so! I would have been just as mad as you if I too had been so mistreated. You should never have had to go through that :(
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • Options
    (Sorry about the delayed comment, long shift at work today)

I personally dont remember my first guild, but I have created and ran a guild before. I found running one was not for me, I enjoy helping and having some responsibility, I just don't feel fit to lead in the way I would love a guild to be led.

My favorite guild... I'd have to say it was a roleplay guild on WoW name Dragon Eye Co. We spent most of our time in taverns and when we were out and about traveling, we were looking for artifacts. It was formed with the story of a fabled dragon eye that had immense power. Sadly it ended abruptly when the guild leader randomly mailed everyone in-game he was disbanding it and it was disbanded before we could all get together for a new guild. I miss my former guildies. My favorite moments was just chit chatting in the local taverns.

I hope to see the in-game religious fanatic guilds I keep hearing about in the Ashes community. I am looking to join a PvX guild with plans to Rp as well on NA most likely on an East server. For now I have been invited to join a different guild for Alpha 2 testing, but it's not what I'm looking for after launch. I hope to see a wide variety of mixed symbols and colors for guilds to make unique insignias to wear proudly, so one can see the symbol and know exactly who you stand with and what you stand for.
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • Options
    Managing Reborn in RIFT was probably the highlight of any Guild achievements I've had. Raid Testing, and testing Alpha for Trion through pre-alpha to live, then achieving Top 5 kills on release.

Must've been about 16/17(?), no college, 12 hours a day raiding to be the best. Great times. :)