Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

UI Sharing

Hi all,

Watching the latest Dev stream. Steven mentioned the UI being highly customisable.

It got me thinking, Can we have functionality to share the UI?
i.e. lay it out, set colours and stuff and create a string which someone can copy and paste into their game and see the UI layout.

Additionally can we have a few slots in which to store layouts in? we may favour different UI layouts based on the current activity.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty much 100% of the WoW playerbase uses addons to do this. So if the game isn't going to allow addons then they need to make it as versatile as possible. I think they should allow addons, but make it a program that only certain people can and make a rule list clear.

I would be fine if the game released without addons though. It's going to anyway, but there is a value to non gameplay addons. In WoW they had addons that allowed you to play a minigame while you waited for stuff to get done. I liked those ones. They actually added those to the game in the latest Expansion.

Would be nice if there was in an in game notebook too. The notebooks saved to server with the character so you never lost it. They don't need an in game excel if they can't do it without high ram and memory usage. I would like that too though.

These are kinda UI related I think. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    upvote, it doesn't even need to be an in-game feature - maybe just an easy to find text file that we can share
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would like this function as well.
    GW1 had something similar to share charscter ability builds, you would make your character skill list and you could then generate a code that you could then share. Other could use that code to copy your exact ability list instantly. Intrepid could do something similar for the UI in ashes.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    EQ2 had the ability to save and export UI settings - I see no reason why Ashes can't do the game.
  • Options
    It would be nice, however I'm also pretty sure the UI will be saved in a file somewhere in the directory so I think people will be able to mine the file out and share it that way.
  • Options
    Agreed. That would be a very nice way to share UIs later on.