Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

KS Backers unable to buy ships and houses separately?

XyphienXyphien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Is there any reason for this? I wanted to potentially buy the house or ship this month but cannot seem to be able to do so. I've been able to as a ks backer forever but now it seems like that option has been taken away. Is this a glitch or a new feature?

Comments

• Options
    Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you mean the cosmetics from the store? I can buy the individual cosmetics when I look at it. I see no reason why a KS or Non-KS account wouldn't have the same access to the store.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • Options
    XyphienXyphien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do you mean the cosmetics from the store? I can buy the individual cosmetics when I look at it. I see no reason why a KS or Non-KS account wouldn't have the same access to the store.

Yes the cosmetics, I have other people in my stream atm saying they're a ks backer and don't have access to it either so it must be a glitch.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Would it not matter what level of kickstarter backer they are?
  • Options
    badtastebadtaste Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Im a bow backer and have always been able to buy everything seperatly. But this time i cant buy the boat skin
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    That does sound like a bit of a bug then.
  • Options
    cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited September 2020
    Noaani wrote: »
    Would it not matter what level of kickstarter backer they are?

No. Though I do believe text inside the preorder packs are the official place that its mentioned as it seems to not be covered in the website support/faq section. "Kickstarter and Summer Backers will always be able to purchase Pre-Order Pack cosmetics as add-ons."

Besides the migration issues entering 2019 I've always been able to individually buy all preorder pack cosmetics as a backer at the settler tier(second cheapest).
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You need to get to a certain level of package before buying cosmetics separately.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Vig BeaumontVig Beaumont Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Im KS and was able to buy the house skin np
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm KS and I was able to buy everything separately just fine a couple of days ago. Probably a bug. I'd reach out to Intrepid directly.

Should be able to purchase those at the BoW level for sure.
    signature.png
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Xyphien wrote: »
    Is there any reason for this? I wanted to potentially buy the house or ship this month but cannot seem to be able to do so. I've been able to as a ks backer forever but now it seems like that option has been taken away. Is this a glitch or a new feature?

If you are unable to make purchases and you had at least a $25 or higher Kickstarter account, you need to put in a ticket.

Back in 2018 when they did the database migration there was some corruption. They have a backup of all the data, but if your account moved over, it may not have the proper permissions.

Put in your ticket and then if it gets close to the end of the month and time is running out, ping Toast on Discord. Give them a week or two, they are backed up on tickets.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101