What do we know about naval content thus far?

As the title suggests, have we had a serious post from the developers discussing the naval scene? Is there gonna be a kraken??? (AHA) I wanna see some big ass monsters in those dark and deep waters amiright???

Comments

• DolyemDolyem Member
    edited September 2020
    In regards to sea monsters, also some stuff about ships after he talks about the scale stuff as well.
    https://youtu.be/H0LQSMT83L0?t=2807
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • pretty much nothing. Ask again closer to A2
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    A simple search of the wiki will find out all kinds of things: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval
  • A simple search of the wiki will find out all kinds of things: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

I wanted the community to discuss it, but hey you’re right a simple search for a simple guy like me.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    @Undead Canuck I also prefer a meaningful community discussion vs checking the wiki for everything. Checking the wiki is for wow players. IS is focused on developing the community so why not start with the forums before the game is released.

@kuddah I do want to see some sea beasts/creatures 100%!
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    harvesting underwater
    edited September 2020
    The question was "What do we know about naval content thus far?", not let's talk.

So, I supplied a link of what we know. Sorry for actually reading the title.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @KHRONUS while yes these forums are here for we the community to provide feedback ask questions and undertake healthy discussions on AOC personally I do not see any problem with pointing someone in the direction of the wikki. Once they take a look at what we do know then come back here somewhat more informed armed with the information we as a community have then pick it apart, add thoughts and/or provide feedback.

But you are right there is nothing like a meaningful community discussion and we do know IS do read and take interest in the topics discussed here.

Harvesting under water will be fun and I would guess certain materials will only be found in such environments. How will breathing underwater be handled? Through a potion or will it be through some sort of enchantment or perhaps some other means?
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Either way, I cant wait for the sea content. Me and my friends are going for a coastal node
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • The question was "What do we know about naval content thus far?", not let's talk.

So, I supplied a link of what we know. Sorry for actually reading the title.

You just sounded a little passive aggressive is all mate, and people who want to give to the community know that I shouldn’t have to put “let’s talk” to start a discussion.
    edited September 2020
    KHRONUS wrote: »
    @Undead Canuck I also prefer a meaningful community discussion vs checking the wiki for everything. Checking the wiki is for wow players. IS is focused on developing the community so why not start with the forums before the game is released.

@kuddah I do want to see some sea beasts/creatures 100%!

Never played wow, so I couldn't tell you what those players do.

Intrepid is developing a game, and the community wiki is where all of the information that Intrepid has given out is held. It is a great place to start if you have questions as those questions might have already been addressed. And since it is searchable, it is easy to find the information.
    Once someone has checked out the information, they can have a nice meaningful conversation as they know what has been talked about and can theory craft to their heart's content.

Disclaimer:
    I apologize if this sounded passive aggressive, flippant, or any of the other things that people have called my comments over the years. I am truly trying to help out in case someone has not yet checked out the wiki as that is where all of the information that has been disseminated over the years sits. The wiki team is very good at what they do and they put a lot of time and effort into it, so why not direct people there?
    Pretty much anything you can think of has been talked about in the forums (these ones, the old ones, the old old ones, or the old old old ones), so there might be another thread that is just waiting for someone to check it out.
    I am not trying to shut down meaningful community discussion, nor am I trying to force my opinions on anyone (as opposed to those that tell Intrepid that they are wrong). Discussion is even better if it is informed.

• FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like Undead Canuck said, if you have the option its better to start an informed conversation rather than starting uninformed and having to work through becoming informed and then continuing.
  • Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'll never get over Allods Online Naval system. It felt so good. We sailed the astral and there were astral creatures we had to deal with. The whole astral was very hard to travel because there were black holes and sometimes we bumped into really strong entities which our firepower could not deal with and we lost the ship. The unpredictable, otherworldly nature of astral ships and the whole astral navigation was so unique. As we sailed the vast astral space we would sometimes encounter small chunks of landmass that we could dock our ship and explore this magical isle. Sometimes it was a dense forest biome, sometimes a weirdly freezing land, much like biomes from the original planet but with an astral twist on them. Different lifeforms, working pretty much like a procedurally generated dungeon but reaching it would take sailing the astral space and following some hints from the astral map. Sometimes there was no hint at all. The game's still out there and while it's pretty much P2W the structure of the astral system was perfect imo.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Valento92 wrote: »
    I'll never get over Allods Online Naval system. It felt so good. We sailed the astral and there were astral creatures we had to deal with. The whole astral was very hard to travel because there were black holes and sometimes we bumped into really strong entities which our firepower could not deal with and we lost the ship. The unpredictable, otherworldly nature of astral ships and the whole astral navigation was so unique. As we sailed the vast astral space we would sometimes encounter small chunks of landmass that we could dock our ship and explore this magical isle. Sometimes it was a dense forest biome, sometimes a weirdly freezing land, much like biomes from the original planet but with an astral twist on them. Different lifeforms, working pretty much like a procedurally generated dungeon but reaching it would take sailing the astral space and following some hints from the astral map. Sometimes there was no hint at all. The game's still out there and while it's pretty much P2W the structure of the astral system was perfect imo.

Sounds insanely fun can’t believe I haven’t heard of this 🤔