Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

High quality cinematics

midnytemidnyte Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Whenever I think about immersion the first thing that gets me immersed is awesome cinematics especially lore related or big changes to the world

Comments

• Options
    uaouao Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    for me its the opposite actually, cinematics (high quality or not) dont really impact the game at best, otherwise break immersion, or even worse make me feel bad because the game doesnt actually look as good as the cinematic.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this lately as well. I really hope Intrepid invests effort into creating high quality cinematics. They are a bit of a motivation anchor to take on the world, as well as greatly enhancing the quality of in-game lore.
  • Options
    Game cinematics greatly influence my choice to play a game; it's not that I expect the same quality of the cinematics to fit the game, but I get more interested in what the cinematic shows. Big-name games use cinematics to show their games lore and advertise cosmetics, which I find appealing and interesting. As long as they don't use the cinematic-like: "This is what you expect in the game." and more as a "This is what the game is about." it should be fine.

Since it's the players who make the game what it is, in the future, they should make cinematics of significant events that everyone in the game heard about. Like if a famous metropolis in a popular server stood for (in-game) years was attacked by a dragon and lost, they can have a cinematic of a dragon destroying a metropolis. It would show that the game is about players and that the players make the game.