Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Competition has just Stiffened

2»

Comments

• Options
    And thirdly, completion is healthy :)
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
  • Options
    I wonder if AA2 will be more aligned to compete w/Crimson Desert as opposed to Ashes.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    PandiumPandium Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Whatever they make it is going to fail 100%.
  • Options
    MalapapasMalapapas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bigepeen wrote: »
    Malapapas wrote: »
    Not believing NW will be AoC's main competition is a mistake... as the NW preview showed, gamers will flock in droves for a fresh AAA MMO experience, flawed or not, and NW is the freshest experience on the horizon. NW, as far as we know, will also be releasing well before AoC and have already talked about improving on the stuff players didn't like in the preview. With that said though if AoC doesn't even release until 2021/2022 + then no reason not to enjoy NW until then and try AoC when that's finally out. Iv already bought both lol.

Side note - I am still very afraid for the combat system though.... at a minimum I am hoping it is like GW2 where even the hybrid tab targeting skills can be evaded/dodged rolled out of. Otherwise, AoC may only bring over WoW/FF players but maybe not GW2/ESO/NW players.

NW honestly has a good base. The game engine, world (albeit small), and ranged combat, looks good from what I've seen. The problem, and why it won't be real competition to AoC, is that they changed it from an open world PvP game to something that caters to mostly PvE while not having much PvE content.

They won't have time to implement enough PvE content by the time it releases. People will blindly enjoy the first couple weeks or so grinding until they hit max level. Then they'll finally be ready for PvP, but realize that everyone is running around with their PvE flags up, so there isn't much to do in the open world except grind limited PvE content. PvE players will get bored quickly and leave the game.

The only PvP available will be limited to instanced mini-games (sieges), which will probably be less fun than the standard FPS or Battle-Royale. What's the point of PvPing in a MMORPG when all of the PvP is instanced? I don't think Amazon has even considered this question. PvP players will get bored quickly and leave the game.

I'm calling it now that they will continue making bad game design decisions until the player population is gone roughly 6 months after launch. I'm not rooting for them to fail, but this is just how I see it playing out, unfortunately.

This is from the NW post-preview article on their official twitter;

"We plan to focus on adding more mid and end game content but also features that are just fun. In particular, we are working toward adding more in the areas of game modes, land mass, AI variety, additional weapon types, quest variety, and more. We are excited to share our vision for New World with you, and will continue pushing in this direction until we feel we have the right amount of content and polish for the great launch our players deserve."

Hoping for the best cuz we got years before AoC release so we need something in the interim anyway...
  • Options
    MalapapasMalapapas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Valento92 wrote: »
    The biggest drawback for me regarding NW is action combat only. Regardless of people yelling non-sense, you either like it or hate it. Period. And about AA2 I've seen pretty games with garbage gameplay before so I don't have hopes up, especially considering monetisation.

Im hoping the biggest drawback for me is not AoC's combat. So far not looking good :(