Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you playing to tide you over until this game's release?

I'm absolutely craving a world that's actually alive with consequences, politics, and nothing MMO-wise is.... giving me that.... That doesn't have some caveat to getting to the meat of the gameplay. Apparently I can't even play the apocalypses thing atm either.
Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Comments

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some crusader kings 3 along with ESO with guildies and will give Balders gate 3 a look.

3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    World of AoC Theorycraft
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »
    World of AoC Theorycraft

That's how I feel right now... I'm so hyped to find out what a Nightshield would play like.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    Making spreadsheets and looking for an opensource inventory / sales management software to prepare for my crafting life.

And GW2 in the meantime coz it's free
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Playing a little "FFXIV","Crowfall", and "Dual Universe" right now. I will most likely play shadowlands for a month or two as soon as pre-patch drops with friends.

Other than that the occasional Shmup or Ark-like game. AoC is the only thing I am actually hyped about.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Just bought Xenoblade for the Switch, and I am also playing Crusaders king 3

MMO wise I am playing Gw2 but honestly, it gets very repetitive ... fast. WvW (PVP) is kinda in a poor state as well. I was considering downloading ESO again but I am just not sure. Frankly ever since I started following this game (2 years ago) no MMO is worth it or I get bored fast.

Currently, I am waiting on Knights of Honor 2 (RTS game)
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Im gonna dip me toes into elyon, when it will come out.
    Seems like a decent mmo if you like pvp.
    But still not knowing which route of monetization they’ll go for is urgh...
    Other than that i think there’s nothing worthwhile releasing before aoc launch as of now
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Currently playing through Genshin Impact - which just released.
    I have no intention of staying long term, but I gotta admire the polish on their games - if you can block out the anime waifu obsession.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I'll try the launch of Shadowlands since launches have been always fun to explore. However I am now chilling on wow classic preping for classic tbc to finish nostalgia trip and kill the final boss finally!
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Options
    Very diff genre but I'm playing Deep Rock Galactic. I really thought I wouldn't like it but oh man it is actually a phenomenal game haha. Recommend even if it's not normally your thing :).
  • Options
    Minesweeper.
  • Options
    Crusader Kings III
    20 gold away from the high king title and dying.
    Now all my lands are split up.
    Thats the problem when your wife is a genius but also lustful and loves your character. An army of children with really good stats.
    Good times.

Foxhole would be on my play list if the Devs didnt screw up every patch.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited October 2020
    Path of Exile, Hades, training as a videogame tester and learning physics in UE4 so I can get hired by Intrepid.
  • Options
    Quake Champions :)
  • Options
    TanerlornTanerlorn Member, Pioneer
    I play a lot of City of Heroes on the Thunderspy server since that came back. I like making Tokustatsu/Sentai themed superheroes and villains. And the way you can build your character how you want on CoH is second to none. In addition, I've been playing a lot more Star Wars Galaxies since Restoration III came out. It combines the freeform classless system and level progression of CU with the mass amount of content from NGE and like all NGE servers they got the spaceship simulator and trading card game working too. If you like Ashes, I'd highly recommend SWG as a sandbox MMO where you create your own story in the Star Wars universe.
  • Options
    truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    yea I also wondered about this question, personally playing guild wars 2 in preparation. I think it will have a similiar combat system in terms of action / tab targetting hybrid apart from the dodge rolls! Also the timing works out nicely I feel because there's an expansion in the near future after that i'll be on AOC alpha 2 / beta gameplay. I tried pvp for a while but that gets old quickly same with wvw is a bit of a zergfest don't really find it fun so deciding on concentraing on pve raids , meta events, occasions map completion, fractals and now finding the game pretty fun.
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    At the moment Medieval Dynasty, but that is subject to change. I'm always looking for new games to play.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A mix of Battletech and total war warhammer 2
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tried WOW for a bit,then the endgame things you have to do just to be viable for pvp is horrid, dropped it, Did a little GW2, but those loading screens killed it for me, tried ESO same thing...loading screens, loading screens...nope. Went back to Rift, free to play and I am just leveling up toons on both sides, servers are pretty empty but it's a nice change...no loading screens, and fun to play for me still. I might try FF14 but not too keen on looking like an animae toon...but we will see. Might try Baldur's Gate when it comes out....who knows, but 110% theory crafting on AOC, and still updating and revamping my published rpg for a re-release! :)
  • Options
    starborn, hades, northgard, GTFO.

honestly, i need something fresh.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    Trying LOTRO (again), EQ2 (mostly for crafting), Insurgency:Sandstorm, Shadowlands (when it releases), and maybe update all the mods and replay Skyrim.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    GW2, ESO, LOTRO
  • Options
    Baldur's gate 3 just started early access.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    PoE, classic WoW and CSGO.
  • Options
    Minesweeper..... I know, it's gonna be a loooooong wait...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Shoklen wrote: »
    Minesweeper.

Yay! I'm not alone!
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

I know something better than that

Snake
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Snake

snake is a great game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Snake

snake is a great game

Of course it is! The only people who claim that it is horrible have never truly experienced snake!
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Snake

snake is a great game

Of course it is! The only people who claim that it is horrible have never truly experienced snake!

We're still talking about the game 'Snake', right?