Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Does we have a DOT class already?

I think we don't.

Or is going to be some of the 64 combinations?

Comments

• Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    I'd be very surprised if it didn't play a part in a significant number of the 64 combinations.

I don't think all the skills have been released yet, so too early to tell.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    It is way too early to say anything about the classes. We have some example abilities for a few of the primary archetypes which include some dot abilities, but we know next to nothing about the actual classes and what different augments will do. I do think I remember Steven saying something about dagger weapon skill being able to procc bleeding for example and that rogue based classes might take advantage of that with active abilities.
    vH8mBZL.gif
  • Options
    Shadowmancer idea:

Hungering Shadows- You animate the surrounding shadows to envelop the target, eating away at their very soul. The target takes damage over the next 15 seconds.

Combination ability:

Umbral Dagger- You throw out a shadowy dagger towards a target dealing damage, If the target has Hungering Shadows on them they take additional damage and spawn a shade minion to fight for you for the next 10 seconds.

Shade- A shade is a melee-based temporary summon that focuses targets marked with Hungering Shadows. Dealing damage to a target with Hungering Shadows will slow the target for a second.

There you have it some completely homebrewed content for the Summoner/rogue class Shadowmancer that I totally made up on the spot.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think Summoner is likely to be more DoT and Pet Damage based to differentiate it from Mage a bit more but nothing has been confirmed yet. As there are skill trees and augments it could go either way.
    signature.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would think that Mage, Bard, Rogue and/or Ranger could be DoT classes.
    Mage could become a DoT class with a focus on Fire, Bard could become a debuff DoT class, while Rogues and Rangers could deal out Bleed, crippling and slow effects.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I strongly believe many of the augments will incorporate these kinds of options. Once we get access to Alpha and Beta, we as a community can bring more of our concerns about the state of the classes and if they lack anything. I am confidant that Ashes will have many of the familiar elements you have seen in other MMOs that you are thinking of.