Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Daily cap on gathering/crafting?

Hello! I've been casually following Ashes for several years now and I'm really excited about the game, but as an ex-ArcheAge player I have some concerns. One of the things I've hated the most about ArcheAge was its Labour Points system which was punishing for those who really wanted to get into crafting by having every activity use points which regenerated at a slow rate over time. Does anyone know if Ashes of Creation will feature any similar restrictions to the amounts of things you can each day as a crafter or gatherer?

Comments

  • There will be no restrictions like Archeages labor system. You can farm and craft until your eyes bleed.
  • Bricktop wrote: »
    There will be no restrictions like Archeages labor system. You can farm and craft until your eyes bleed.

    This is my preferred method of gaming.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I see your point but as a player who will likely play sparingly and only be able to put in long sessions of game play very intermittently, caps on any game activities would be a game killer.
    I am not for caps. But if caps were to be part of the mechanics, then I would like to see the cap applied over what is a reasonable period of time. ie a fortnight or month, not hourly or daily.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm personally not a fan of Daily or Weekly caps on activities in-game, since most of the time they are only there to contribute to the skinner box operant conditioning that keeps players logging in every day long after they have gotten tired of the game.

    I honestly can't think of a single valid reason for putting a daily cap on activities. If anyone here does, feel free to let me know :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I'm personally not a fan of Daily or Weekly caps on activities in-game, since most of the time they are only there to contribute to the skinner box operant conditioning that keeps players logging in every day long after they have gotten tired of the game.

    I honestly can't think of a single valid reason for putting a daily cap on activities. If anyone here does, feel free to let me know :)

    This is the biggest issue with world of warcraft and the people running it. They see "time spent playing the game" as the primary goal and believe that means people like playing the game.

    Time-gating almost always is artificial and really puts a damper on play experience. Especially if they can't give you a good reason for it.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Bricktop wrote: »
    There will be no restrictions like Archeages labor system. You can farm and craft until your eyes bleed.

    That's awesome to hear! I don't want to spend all of my time in the game crafting and gathering, but the fact I can do it if I wish so is really great.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    c4f24f0873430d0d39e9a83a1e92ef46.png
    ed73142b1211bd44dfbe053861fe8e0d.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    c4f24f0873430d0d39e9a83a1e92ef46.png
    ed73142b1211bd44dfbe053861fe8e0d.png

    My assumption on that throttling mechanic he is talking about there is the inventory size limitation.

    You can't do all that much harvesting or processing if you can only carry a small amount of materials on you.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    c4f24f0873430d0d39e9a83a1e92ef46.png
    ed73142b1211bd44dfbe053861fe8e0d.png

    My assumption on that throttling mechanic he is talking about there is the inventory size limitation.

    You can't do all that much harvesting or processing if you can only carry a small amount of materials on you.

    That and the pvp. The moment you put loot in your mule, you make a giant target marker on it saying "Please kill me for loot"
    Same really with the caravan system.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    I'd like it if the artisan system was interactive - like cutting down a tree takes planning and a bit of skill. That would be the most natural way to throttle imo.

    Like I imagine high quality wood from trees needs more attention than the average tree. That you'd spend a few minutes testing a few trees before deciding which tree you want to chop down.
    Just an idea.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »
    I'd like it if the artisan system was interactive - like cutting down a tree takes planning and a bit of skill. That would be the most natural way to throttle imo.

    Like I imagine high quality wood from trees needs more attention than the average tree. That you'd spend a few minutes testing a few trees before deciding which tree you want to chop down.
    Just an idea.

    That's a cool idea, I really like when gathering takes more than just running around clicking on rocks/trees. After a while it can become a completely soul-draining experience. I think the idea of animal herds moving around the map and I think something similar can be done with other types of gathering. For instance what if high-level ores can be obtained by killing wandering high-level golems which turn into nodes after they die? Or ents whose bodies can be chopped by a master lumberjack to obtain rare logs? I hope throttling will be done through this way - make obtaining rare materials more time-consuming, but not because you have to spend several minutes smacking a single rock, but because you have to overcome a challenge to even get to it in the first place.
  • The labour system was the weakest point in Archeage and the bots ruining the economy + p2w finaly killed it.

  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    The labour system was the weakest point in Archeage and the bots ruining the economy + p2w finaly killed it.

    Remember spending labor points to open coin purses from mob drops? Such a cool system very wow!!!


    -That was too far I am sorry-
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
Sign In or Register to comment.