Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Turnip Farming

Will this game allow us to become simple turnip farmers who til the fields all day long to provide the wonderful people with large bounty of turnips. If so can we become masters at the turnip farming skill to brag to other turnip farmers about how great we are at Turnip farming?

Comments

• Options
    No. You only get beets.

Mwahahahahahahahaha!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Beets are not as good as the wonderful turnip. I officially declare war on all Beet farmers.
  • Options
    Prepare to be beeten!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    No, we should get cabbages instead.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »

NOT MY CABBAGES!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Credit wrote: »
    If so can we become masters at the turnip farming skill to brag to other turnip farmers about how great we are at Turnip farming?

Achievement Title: Master Turnip Farmer
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

NOT MY CABBAGES!

We need people to target in our cabbage farm raids. So yes, absolutely your cabbages.

Aang-avatar-the-last-airbender-6896025-1024-768.jpg

5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Credit wrote: »
    Beets are not as good as the wonderful turnip. I officially declare war on all Beet farmers.

I find your ideas intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newletter.

Will you be forming a turnip farmers guild? If so, count me in!
  • Options
    I can see it already:
    Right of the start, people begin a Turnit-Beet war over what is superior. And at the end, the Cabbage Coalition backstabs one of them for total supremacy.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I can see it already:
    Right of the start, people begin a Turnit-Beet war over what is superior. And at the end, the Cabbage Coalition backstabs one of them for total supremacy.

This is why I play fantasy games.
  • Options
    I can see it already:

Then, cabbage corp rises up after the cabbage coalition is destroyed by the great potato farmers.
  • Options
    I can see it already:

Then, cabbage corp rises up after the cabbage coalition is destroyed by the great potato farmers.

Immagine all that happening in secret with no one knowing about it. The Secret Tubers War.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Just play a bard, you can tunip up and play sick beets.
  • Options
    Maybe if enough folks turnip to support this idea during testing... 👀
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    I had a professor warn me than using too many puns will get me beeten up.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh for the love of beet, not vegetable puns. I'm not rooting for this at all.
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BMellow wrote: »

Will you be forming a turnip farmers guild? If so, count me in!

The Onion of Turnip Farmer's?

BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can see it already:

Immagine all that happening in secret with no one knowing about it. The Secret Tubers War.

But would they be able to keep it secret, or would there be a leek?
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    Nice puns, gang. I'm greens with envy.

This type of reward-tracking would be supremely specific. Everything coded into the game for tracking does add additional work for the game's master-tracking systems - but I'd support wanting to see it in-game.

While there are some great game-systems from previous games and MMO's of the past referenced to in a lot of the interviews and Q&A's, yours truly is very curious to see what kinds of new and unique systems we'll first find - or only find - in Ashes.
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited November 2020
    edit for wrong forums
  • Options
    To be real though for a moment, I really enjoyed the farm in wow from mists of pandaria. Something similar but obviously more in depth could be nice.
  • Options
    same here farming in games can be fun along with adventuring. Just imagine you spend some of the day grinding levels and adventuring and then come back to farm and make resources.
  • Options
    StrytaStryta Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    +1 for cabbages
  • Options
    I'm sure IS have said that they expect to see some players going down the non-combat route, and just focusing on influencing the game through their professions and manipulation of the economy. So, turnip farming could indeed be a full-time profession!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Bah, vege-ta-bableses are yuck :p

Meat-sis is where it's at
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    My dad had the best shirt. I used to see that turnip everywhere!
    I dig Rutabagas!
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

Oh is it now? Perhaps we should start with you then?

tenor.gif?itemid=7996838

BOY YOU LOOKIN' TASTY!
  • Options
    tenor.gif?itemid=4516565
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

Oh is it now? Perhaps we should start with you then?

tenor.gif?itemid=7996838

BOY YOU LOOKIN' TASTY!

You really want a piece of me? I would advice understanding Skaven better before you go with that thought. ;)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg