Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tulnar as a 2nd class "ancient"

ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Alright, so here is an idea I had. The 7 "good gods" created the 4 races and used their essence for it. The ancients were created using the essence of all 10 gods. The tulnar are a combination of the 4 races and other things so have 7/10 gods essence in themselves already. If you get "corrupted" by the other 3 then you can become a 2nd class ancient. I think this would be really cool to incorporate into the game somehow. Either as a player to unlock a unique tulnar skin/title or since some might consider something like that unfair, a raid boss/world boss.

Comments

• "2nd Class"? Try "Servant Class"!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    I meant 2nd class like a 2nd class citizen, as defined from dictionary.com "a citizen, especially a member of a minority group, who is denied the social, political, and economic benefits of citizenship" not something close to equal but a large step up compared to ants. No clue how many ancients there are but I assume its not a ton so they could use a working class citizenry to support them.
  • I meant 2nd class like a 2nd class citizen, as defined from dictionary.com "a citizen, especially a member of a minority group, who is denied the social, political, and economic benefits of citizenship" not something close to equal but a large step up compared to ants. No clue how many ancients there are but I assume its not a ton so they could use a working class citizenry to support them.

Yeah, I got it. But, they're not good enough for "2nd Class"! :p:D

*sits back and waits for @Damokles and his Stewie eyes...*
  • @Thedeadnight

Hahahahahaha, just clocked your avatar. Awesome :D
  • ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Also until the ancients can step foot on verra they would be the best option to be used by The Others. What better way to snub the good gods then to pervert their creation's creation?
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    tenor.gif?itemid=5693921

Do I need to kick you back through the portal or can we stay civil @daveywavey ?
    Because Tulnar say, Tulnar do.
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Do I need to kick you back through the portal or can we stay civil @daveywavey ?
    giphy.gif

Will your non-Tulnar owners allow you time off from the chores to do that?!
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

What race are you gonna play? Need more info for fitting comeback.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

obviously elves, that is the only race worth playing
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Don’t hate the Tulnar. I can’t wait to group with one, it’s like having another pet.

Hhak63P.png
    edited November 2020
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

obviously elves, that is the only race worth playing

tenor.gif?itemid=5693921

a6XEiIf.gif
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Well, I've only got my first 6 characters planned out: 1 Py'Rai, 1 Vaelune, 2 Empyrean, 1 Ren'Kai, and 1......... of a different race.
    edited November 2020
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Well, I've only got my first 6 characters planned out: 1 Py'Rai, 1 Vaelune, 2 Empyrean, 1 Ren'Kai, and 1......... of a different race.

So you are mainly an elf player huh? At least the Tulnar are not tree-hugging, grass-kissing, wood-loving, entitled pansies that ran away after things got tough for a bit.

The Tulnar stayed loyal to verra, ate moss and mushrooms, and thoughed it out in caves.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    At least the Tulnar are not tree-hugging, grass-kissing, wood-loving, entitled pansies that ran away after things got tough for a bit.

The Tulnar stayed loyal to verra, ate moss and mushrooms, and thoughed it out in caves.

Have you ever wondered why the Tulnar suddenly have elephant trunks and snake heads? Is beastiality common underground?

So you are mainly an elf player huh?

To be honest, I'll probably take whatever race gives me the best bonuses, as long as it's not a dirty dwarf.....
    At least the Tulnar are not tree-hugging, grass-kissing, wood-loving, entitled pansies that ran away after things got tough for a bit.

Have you ever wondered why the Tulnar suddenly have elephant trunks and snake heads? Is beastiality common underground?

So you are mainly an elf player huh?

To be honest, I'll probably take whatever race gives me the best bonuses, as long as it's not a dirty dwarf.....

There were no beasts underground. Everything died off. Except the worms. We ate the worms.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Let's be real here, tulnar are what happen when the lesser races take "animal husbandry" too literally.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Let's be real here, tulnar are what happen when the lesser races take "animal husbandry" too literally.

tenor.gif?itemid=5693921
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited November 2020
    Atama wrote: »
    Don’t hate the Tulnar. I can’t wait to group with one, it’s like having another pet.

Careful what you wish for. Just remember that "pets" can turn on you ( /points to news article about Siegfried & Roy vs pet tiger)

And Damokles isn't the one you should worry about. When he wants something done, 'quietly' he calls for me >:)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

Careful what you wish for. Just remember that "pets" can turn on you (points to new article about Siegfried & Roy vs pet tiger)
    Now I want to make a Tulnar alt named Montecore.

Hhak63P.png
  • Atama wrote: »

Careful what you wish for. Just remember that "pets" can turn on you (points to new article about Siegfried & Roy vs pet tiger)

Brother! You are more than welcome within our ranks.

Once you go Tulnar you will find all your other toons become the alts. :*

isFikWd2_o.jpg

Brother! You are more than welcome within our ranks.

Once you go Tulnar you will find all your other toons become the alts. :*
    Maybe... But if you rearrange the letters of the word Tulnar, you get the term “run alt” which I think is Steven hinting that all Tulnar should be run as alts.

Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a few things im going to do on verra
    1. make a cult
    2. become the new arch lich
    3. Burn a few nodes to the ground
    4. Kill every tulnar

nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »
    1. make a cult
    4. Kill every tulnar

So you want to become the new boy-toy of the ancients yes? Because currently only those get to be undead.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    1. make a cult
    4. Kill every tulnar

So you want to become the new boy-toy of the ancients yes? Because currently only those get to be undead.

A reliable source once told me that the undead lich is Nagash's daddy. Was on a thread around here, somewhere.....
    1. make a cult
    4. Kill every tulnar

A reliable source once told me that the undead lich is Nagash's daddy. Was on a thread around here, somewhere.....

His undead suggar daddy.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    become the new arch lich
    So you will replace the old Lich of the Arches?

maxresdefault.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    you know maybe if we incorporate the tulnar into our animal husbandry systems, our mounts might learn new skills!

Lol who am I kidding, I couldn't expose my purebred stallions to such cruelty.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »
    you know maybe if we incorporate the tulnar into our animal husbandry systems, our mounts might learn new skills!

Lol who am I kidding, I couldn't expose my purebred stallions to such cruelty.

We would have hop right back onto that short bus outta here if that happened. Too much corruption for us to deal with.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
    Tulnar might have gotten a bit too friendly with some of the wildlife, but when the world is ending times get desperate. Not enough population to prevent inbreeding so outside players were invited to the bedroom to spice up that DNA.