Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar as a 2nd class "ancient"

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't help if that lizard had a purdy mouth...

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    I have a few things im going to do on verra
    1. make a cult
    2. become the new arch lich
    3. Burn a few nodes to the ground
    4. Kill every tulnar

So you want to become the new boy-toy of the ancients yes? Because currently only those get to be undead.

If it means I get a undead skin/class then I don't care
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar might have gotten a bit too friendly with some of the wildlife, but when the world is ending times get desperate. Not enough population to prevent inbreeding so outside players were invited to the bedroom to spice up that DNA.

The funny thing is, that even a population of 300-500 people is enough to prevent inbreeding (500 are preferred).
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Tulnar might have gotten a bit too friendly with some of the wildlife, but when the world is ending times get desperate. Not enough population to prevent inbreeding so outside players were invited to the bedroom to spice up that DNA.

The funny thing is, that even a population of 300-500 people is enough to prevent inbreeding (500 are preferred).

Then leave the poor animals alone!!!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Then leave the poor animals alone!!!

We did. We currently dont even for real know WHAT TULNAR ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It is unknown (at least to me) how many verrans were left behind. It might have been only 50 or so, introduced animals early on to get up to the 500 then excluded the animals at that point to the current time.
  • Options
    Poor Steven is gonna read this thread and be really sad since we are accusing him of making a bestiality race. All jokes, Love ya!
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Poor Steven is gonna read this thread and be really sad since we are accusing him of making a bestiality race. All jokes, Love ya!

He knows what he has done...! :o
  • Options
    It is unknown (at least to me) how many verrans were left behind. It might have been only 50 or so, introduced animals early on to get up to the 500 then excluded the animals at that point to the current time.

We know that 3 races (major and minor) got safely underground. That would mean, that at least 500 members of each species survived down there at the end. We dont know WHAT races survived though, and there is a caste system in place for Tulnar. I think that the three races are: Lizardfolk, ratfolk and drow.

Drow > Lizardfolk > Ratfolk
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

We know that 3 races (major and minor) got safely underground. That would mean, that at least 500 members of each species survived down there at the end. We dont know WHAT races survived though, and there is a caste system in place for Tulnar. I think that the three races are: Lizardfolk, ratfolk and drow.

Lizardfolk?? Do you have a citation on that? Because lizard wizard is about to pop off if that's true.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Lizardfolk?? Do you have a citation on that? Because lizard wizard is about to pop off if that's true.

DID YOU EVEN SEE THE BOTTOM ROW SILHOUETTES?!?
    675px-tul%27nar1.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

675px-tul%27nar1.png

I did, but this sadly is an old sketch and I have been told that it is subject to change since its way too early on in development.

I was hoping you had something a bit more than this like steven spilling the beans :P lol sorry for the confusion.
  • Options

You can customise the Tulnar appearance with Mammalian or Reptilian features. You know, cos of all the cross-species interbreeding, and all...

"Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.[14]
    Mammalian Tulnar may have snout features, fur and inverted knees.[15]
    Reptilian Tulnar may have more circular eyes and head shape, and scaly skin.[15]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar
  • Options

675px-tul%27nar1.png

I did, but this sadly is an old sketch and I have been told that it is subject to change since its way too early on in development.

I was hoping you had something a bit more than this like steven spilling the beans :P lol sorry for the confusion.

No one ever speaks about Tulnar. I give them the same question for the last 5 Q&A livestreams: "Will you tell us the three races making up the Tulnar?" And they just tell me, that some one else already got the answere while posting a link to the tulnar wiki entrance. So I just think that these silhouettes are what we get.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Gotcha both. Thanks for the info. Well it might just be that I'll be a lizardfolk rather than an orc. Though it depends on who looks more badass.
  • Options
    Gotcha both. Thanks for the info. Well it might just be that I'll be a lizardfolk rather than an orc. Though it depends on who looks more badass.

I'm expecting the reptilian Tulnar to look pretty darn awesome.
  • Options

yeah, there pelts should make great banners
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

Reptilian.... pelts?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Reptilian.... pelts?

Nah, the reptilians are for the boots. Can't beat a good pair of snake-skin boots.
  • Options

Reptilian.... pelts?

Nah, the reptilians are for the boots. Can't beat a good pair of snake-skin boots.

And when WE talk about taking elf ears as necklaces or about skinning humans, no one bats an eye!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

You know I never asked, what race will Bone Daddy be? Drow?
  • Options

He would be ONE OF US then! :D
    *Starts chant* "Part of the crew, part of the ship. Part of the crew, part of the ship!"
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

well with lack of bone-based races I will have to pick the races closes to my base form so that would be vaelune

nagash_time_of_legends.jpg

Nagash2lrge_03.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020
    Nagash2lrge_03.jpg

Ooooooooh, I bet that picture hurt, right @Damokles ?!

And @PlagueMonk too?!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Nagash2lrge_03.jpg

And @PlagueMonk too?!

Meh, they were weak enough to get killed by a pile of bones with a bit of skin pulled over it. They would get thrown into the feeding pits if they didnt get killed there. The Skaven were also the makers of the ONE blade to actually kill him.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Nagash2lrge_03.jpg

And @PlagueMonk too?!

Meh, they were weak enough to get killed by a pile of bones with a bit of skin pulled over it. They would get thrown into the feeding pits if they didnt get killed there. The Skaven were also the makers of the ONE blade to actually kill him.

34nzcu.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

The world in Ashes lay devoid of civilization for centuries. Until now.[69] What was once buried has risen again. The gateways have opened, reigniting the link to the ancient world in each of the four once great capital cities of the ancient world.[68][17]

Could have sworn I read some where on the wiki it said thousands of years. but here it says centuries.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lore under the Return section about half way down.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020

The world in Ashes lay devoid of civilization for centuries. Until now.[69] What was once buried has risen again. The gateways have opened, reigniting the link to the ancient world in each of the four once great capital cities of the ancient world.[68][17]

Could have sworn I read some where on the wiki it said thousands of years. but here it says centuries.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lore under the Return section about half way down.

Most of the population left but those who remained (and lived) went underground. The entire population of each race didn't make it through the gateways to sanctus. It should be thousands of years, not just a few centuries. Any reference to centuries is probably inaccurate.
  • Options
    @Thedeadnight @bloodprophet
    "Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_fall
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There it is. Thank you.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.