Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Wings should not become a cosmetic thing... But capes would be nice.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yours truly is also quite against seeing cosmetic wings.

There's a time and a place for them: The week or so that a special in-game event has come around/back around. Once it departs, so too then should any special "wings" outfits that were around for it.

Ha ha! Just don't let Steven see this comment. You'd never sell a Lineage 2 player on a "no wings" policy. In fact, given how much he references L2, I'm half-surprised we're not seeing thongs show up in pre-Alpha footage, just yet....
  • Options
    Valic wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I would like to say that. Now that I have seen the wings that are in the game. They are not the lame wings I imagined, and since they are incredibly rare. I don't think I would mind them.

I would not mind seeing more things that people would actually have on their back. Backpacks for instance.

Exactly this. Rare and nice looking so it doesn't come off as overdone and gaudy while still having more "immersive" things on our backs.

Spades, shovels, nets, fishing rods, etc?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I would like to say that. Now that I have seen the wings that are in the game. They are not the lame wings I imagined, and since they are incredibly rare. I don't think I would mind them.

I would not mind seeing more things that people would actually have on their back. Backpacks for instance.

Exactly this. Rare and nice looking so it doesn't come off as overdone and gaudy while still having more "immersive" things on our backs.

or dead tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

or dead tulnar

Nagash, do I have to get the Fellblade out again?!?
    P.S. We still got our warpstone nukes somewhere.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

or dead tulnar

Mental image of Nagash carrying a dead Damokles draped across his shoulders, Ace Ventura style...

• Options
    edited November 2020

or dead tulnar

Mental image of Nagash carrying a dead Damokles draped across his shoulders, Ace Ventura style...

Davey do I have to get The Eyes of Contempt out again?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

4mkqpr.gif
  • Options

4mkqpr.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11954862
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I like all of this exept for the fact that if they add aaracockra, AARACOCKRA HAVE WINGS!!!
  • Options
    I like the idea of hooded cloaks, that would allow me to toggle the hood up or down.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Yours truly is also quite against seeing cosmetic wings.

There's a time and a place for them: The week or so that a special in-game event has come around/back around. Once it departs, so too then should any special "wings" outfits that were around for it.

Ha ha! Just don't let Steven see this comment. You'd never sell a Lineage 2 player on a "no wings" policy. In fact, given how much he references L2, I'm half-surprised we're not seeing thongs show up in pre-Alpha footage, just yet....

Cuz a lot of L2 players went to Aion :eyes: but also sexy clothing getting overdone and just as gaudy too.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    I totally agree. I am not a fan of wings in general. It especially annoys me when they are far too small to actually cause any kind of lift for their wearer.

That aside, I am totally down for cloaks. All kinds of cloaks. The more the better. You would be hard pressed to find another piece of gear that can change the look and feel of your character more. Not just capes, and cloaks, but half cloaks, quarter cloaks, scarves. If i am going to be breeding turtles and tulnar for super fast mounts, I want to see how speedy I am in the physics of my hair and other attachments.
  • Options

or dead tulnar

Now now, let's not start something you can't possibly hope to win :*
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

or dead tulnar

you do know I don't age, even if I slept for 1000 years I would still outlast you all
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020

or dead tulnar

you do know I don't age, even if I slept for 1000 years I would still outlast you all

Oh boy here we go again... who will win? An undying necromancer or an endless tide of horny rat people?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

or dead tulnar

Oh boy here we go again... who will win? An undying necromancer or an endless tide of horny rat people?

You know I ask the same question every time games workshop makes skaven vs legions of nagash
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

or dead tulnar

You are alone. For every Tulnar you kill we birth 10 more. We are the tide. Unstoppable and ever comming.
    We sleep in shifts, 50.000 attack by day. 50.000 attack by night.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

or dead tulnar

You are alone. For every Tulnar you kill we birth 10 more. We are the tide. Unstoppable and ever comming.
    We sleep in shifts, 50.000 attack by day. 50.000 attack by night.

I cast Resurrection

1d7.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    For every Tulnar you kill we birth 10 more.

Gosh, they are horny rat people!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Best part about Vulcans is they only mate every 7 years.
    Wonder if Tree Vulcans are they same way? Be easier to wipe them out that way.

1:00 through the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOSAwNzyi4
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.