Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

QOTD: would you like to see open world random events be a mechanic in game?

if so what do you think would be a cool concept?
if not let us know why! im dying to hear your thoughts on this
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• Options
    Like: "Open Season on all Tulnar"?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Like: "Open Season on all Tulnar"?

MAYBE >->

things like kill quests
    defending an npc caravan from waves of monsters
    rare game animal for rare ingredients for cooking
    and maybe bigger open world events that scales off your parties size
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020
    Ah, so it doesn't have to be a server-wide random event? You're talking like random encounters like they had in Skyrim where you'd occasionally come across two mages duelling in the wilderness, etc?

I always enjoyed those sorts of things. Gave an extra little element of interest to making a journey.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    YuquiyuYuquiyu Member
    edited November 2020
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Ah, so it doesn't have to be a server-wide random event? You're talking like random encounters like they had in Skyrim where you'd occasionally come across two mages duelling in the wilderness, etc?

I always enjoyed those sorts of things. Gave an extra little element of interest to making a journey.

indeed
  • Options
    HellfarHellfar Member
    edited November 2020
    Guild Wars 2 already does this rather well imo. I have encountered events that are practically impossible to do without a large group of players. As dynamic as Intrepid is making Verra out to be, I would expect to see open world events happening all the time, and not just when a node levels up. I think it's great content that brings the community together.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have so many in mind but number one would have to be new areas opening as nodes level up
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Climate

This alone excites me. I am sick of games not having meaningful weather or day night cycles.
    It is sad that FFXI was the last MMO to have weather and day night cycles actually do something.
    It is so uncommon in MMOs that weather actually does anything. At most it changes the spawn of a few mobs per zone.

I really don't want to see anything like rifts/fates/world quests. Just having the mobs not be completely static is more than enough to make the world feel real.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Random events are always exciting, like a raid of monsters randomly attacking a node or a Vulcan eruption that lets you mine rare materials for a limited amount of time.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )