Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Race and Class Combinations - Should the decision have weight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PoliceGirlPoliceGirl Member
    edited March 2021
    These kinds of little bonuses should be actually useful while at the same time non-discouraging of untraditional combos.

Yah, what @Rhuric said.

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Options
    LuthienstormLuthienstorm Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Should one race be better on martial and the other at magical? Not necessarily. Honestly, I don't think it matters that much. It's more important that the skill makes the choice matter. Good PvE skills are the best way to do this with good cool downs. PVE racial skills should outshine pvp racial skills.
  • Options
    IronhammerIronhammer Member
    edited May 2021
    I should have a decent amount of weight. PIcking your race should feel like an impactful decision that adds flavor to your characters build. I know it's an unpopular opinion but min/maxers will be min maxers it's no reason to not have those fun character building decisions.

I say this as some one who is going to be a dwarf ranger.
  • Options
    Rhuric wrote: »
    I think every race and class should be viable but that certain races or sub races should excel in one area or another. I wouldn't want the advantage to be game breaking but noticeable within reason.

Agreed to the fullest even if it is a small buff like 3% crit dmg or movement speed attached to race selection.
    Make a game where thought out builds matter... Unique character builds MATTERS... Ownership of a build and its uniqueness is part of the emersion of an MMO... Cookie cutter crap is boring AF and leads to nothing but a BIS gear grind and hot garbage pvp... Some extent of the holy trinity is a must in MMOs in my opinion and I have played just about every mmo since well the beginning....
  • Options
    I think races should have skills that relate to the core environments, like the sea dwarf should get bouns near or on sea like better at building ship's and so on.
  • Options
    I think race should have a bearing on your main and sub job AS LONG AS there is gear available to help you compensate for your deficit.