Can we do this right? (PVP)

So I've been following Ashes of Creation for the last year on and off. I check out the new YouTube releases when available and it looks amazing but to me, it really seems like it's going in the direction of WOW, which is great, but I think a reason why so many people have eventually left WOW is due to lack of immersive PVP experiences. It's why I left.

I think Ashes of Creation should follow a RuneScape kind of PVP environment where a section (or sections) of the map are dangerous no matter what. In those areas you could find increased chances of reward, due to the danger that's presented. If you die in a PVP zone, you would lose gear or items. This in itself would create thousands of hours of unique gameplay, and it would immediately create a dynamic in the game that would encourage guild formations, unique content, potential bosses that drop rare in-game items that would make it worth it for people to risk their items to get, etc.

To me, this is how a successful RPG would separate itself from the pack and become of of the greatest MMORPG's of all time. Feel free to add suggestions, names of PVP areas, etc. I think even adding quests that unlock powerful mid-high tier equipment that can only be worn or used after quest completion would be a great addition to the game as well.

There is so much potential for Ashes of Creation to completely dominate the MMORPG space.... but it's not going to happen if EVERYONE from skillers, grinders, questers, and PVP'ers get content that fits them. In the end, a solid and active PVP environment would contribute so much to the game's economy and encourage players to work together to produce potions, weapons, food, etc. whether it be to sell or to use in PVP themselves. Just an idea.... but would love to hear some feedback!

- SavageWolf

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey,

Ashes intends to have Open-World PvX.

Discussions about PvP Zones are somewhat common.
    The last two were these:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/277179
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/48497/pvp-zones
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »
    Hey,

Ashes intends to have Open-World PvX.

Discussions about PvP Zones are somewhat common.
    The last two were these:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/277179
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/48497/pvp-zones

I understand that the intention is open world PVP. My opinion is that this is the wrong direction to go, which is why I made the suggestion for PVP zones. Thank you for the comment threads! I really hope they make the right decisions early on.
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    Ashes is not going the way of WOW. It also isn't attempting to dominate the MMO space. The target consumer is PVX which is a relatively small subset of the MMO space that is not likely to lead to MMO dominance.

Additionally, PvP everywhere is the point. You won't be able to just kill a PVE boss or gather resources or any virtually other PVE thing securely. You will have to be ready to PVP as needed for those things. If you want to avoid PVP as much as possible, you will have to make a dedicated effort for it.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Read more and you might calm your fears.
    Nothing like wow here.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    So I've been following Ashes of Creation for the last year on and off. I check out the new YouTube releases when available and it looks amazing but to me, it really seems like it's going in the direction of WOW, which is great

Alright, so this alone screams troll post to me. I don't see how you could follow for the last year and think "yeah this seems like it's going in the WoW direction."

nI17Ea4.png
  • Talents wrote: »
    So I've been following Ashes of Creation for the last year on and off. I check out the new YouTube releases when available and it looks amazing but to me, it really seems like it's going in the direction of WOW, which is great

Alright, so this alone screams troll post to me. I don't see how you could follow for the last year and think "yeah this seems like it's going in the WoW direction."

Completely agree!!