Loot distribution for bosses/uncommon encounters (Performance to reward ratio)

2»

Comments

• RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    There is mechanics to avoid 300 people killing a boss i have seen some games doing right like silkroad

1. World boss don´t have a static spawn... You can have an announce that that the boss arrive in certain biome but you dont know the exact location so this avoid having all guilds waiting for the boss in the spawn

2. Time window for boss spwan. You know the boss can appear between 7:00 pm and 10pm but you don´t know the exact hour so not every one will be ready to do, and teleport is limited so you need to travel

3. Time Boss spawn with a timer. For example boss spawn with 20 min, this avoid that some guilds regroup near boss waiting for more people to come to get the reward, they need to worry to kill the him or boss will just leave

4. Difficult boss and support mini bosses coming , to make sure that every guild wasn't be alive when boss goes down. Support mini bosses give useful loot to and can be the focus of small squads, this will have some incentive to small partys in the area help the guild doing the boss even if they don´t get main reward from the boss
    5. PVp
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Performance should NOT be rewarded lol. Running around and seeing a group killing a boss dragon....so all I have to do is start attacking it and I will be rewarded? That sounds horrible.

If I organize my group, explore and locate a world boss, spend time learning the fight, why would I want to have someone solo get rewarded for our efforts? I would honestly have a team ready to break away from the boss and murder you. Your idea rewards people who just mindlessly solo games and this is not at all what I expect from AoC. I'm sorry if this sounded harsh but I would HATE an open world pvp game promoting community loot.
  • Khronus wrote: »
    Performance should NOT be rewarded lol. Running around and seeing a group killing a boss dragon....so all I have to do is start attacking it and I will be rewarded? That sounds horrible.

If I organize my group, explore and locate a world boss, spend time learning the fight, why would I want to have someone solo get rewarded for our efforts? I would honestly have a team ready to break away from the boss and murder you. Your idea rewards people who just mindlessly solo games and this is not at all what I expect from AoC. I'm sorry if this sounded harsh but I would HATE an open world pvp game promoting community loot.

I guess that could be included in what i said, but i didnt mean it that way. I Don't think just tagging the boss should be rewarded either. I already had a big discussion with Vhaeyne, it might fit better within a party itself instead of the whole fight.
  • I’m a little confused on what people are asking for. Are we saying that we want the solos/small groups to help kill this boss but get nothing in return?
    I would say that if there is nothing for them to gain for being there, their focus may just turn to causing the bigger groups hassle. (Example could be CC’ing your players in boss abilities etc.)

Would it be possible to extend the forced combative tag to to a boss radius. My reasoning would be if you wanted to kill non-combative solo players you’d risk corruption. Those death penalties would not be ideal if you’re risking your life trying to kill a raid boss.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Biccus wrote: »
    I’m a little confused on what people are asking for. Are we saying that we want the solos/small groups to help kill this boss but get nothing in return?
    I would say that if there is nothing for them to gain for being there, their focus may just turn to causing the bigger groups hassle. (Example could be CC’ing your players in boss abilities etc.)

Would it be possible to extend the forced combative tag to to a boss radius. My reasoning would be if you wanted to kill non-combative solo players you’d risk corruption. Those death penalties would not be ideal if you’re risking your life trying to kill a raid boss.

OP was brainstorming ways to make large raid bosses more viable for small/solo groups. Some are for or against this. I feel like I put forth some good reasons why his ideas would not be great in ashes specifically.
    Nobody expects people to show up and not get loot, we expect them to not show up because they wont get loot.

Large raids are not worried about solo/small players trying to interfere. They are going to kill them all as part of securing the boss. Corruption ain't gonna stop nobody. If a big raid wants to have their way with a small group. That is their call. Also big raids will likely have groups of corrupt players protecting them. It is the way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »

OP was brainstorming ways to make large raid bosses more viable for small/solo groups. Some are for or against this. I feel like I put forth some good reasons why his ideas would not be great in ashes specifically.
    Nobody expects people to show up and not get loot, we expect them to not show up because they wont get loot.

Fantastic answer. Consider my view broadened.
    I was initially of the view players that participate shouldn’t leave totally empty handed.
    Now I’ll say World/raid bosses are not the appropriate content for solos/small groups so there should be no incentive for them to attend as such.

I’ve probably be mixing world bosses and event ones. Now events should definitely have participation rewards of some kind but that’s a different discussion
  • Biccus wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

Fantastic answer. Consider my view broadened.
    I was initially of the view players that participate shouldn’t leave totally empty handed.
    Now I’ll say World/raid bosses are not the appropriate content for solos/small groups so there should be no incentive for them to attend as such.

I’ve probably be mixing world bosses and event ones. Now events should definitely have participation rewards of some kind but that’s a different discussion

Yes he gave me alot of nice insight on the game's mechanics and how they'll mix in with my proposed idea.
    My vision's also broadened and fully agree with him haha, its really interesting to read about.
  • GboltGbolt Member
    edited March 2021
    Nope, there should be no participation trophies/rewards. Strongest guild (like doing most damage, or some mixed statistic to determine who is the owner of loot) gets everything, to encourage competition and rivalry :)