Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What will YOU put in your house?

Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Housing is a big part of Ashes so I'm curious to know what kinds of things you would fill your in-game housing with. Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you like, and have fun with it :)
volunteer_moderator.gif

Comments

• I don't understand in-game housing. I mean, I don't understand why I should want a house in a game. I hope it's glorious for all those who are into this aspect of the game, all the furniture I've seen so far looks really good, but doesn't spark anything for me.

But hey, I don't understand dancing in real life. I understand people enjoy it, but I can't see how I would enjoy it.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Aside from useful things for professions etc, I will probably use mine mostly as kind of achievement tab. :) Really hope you will be able to display some kind of trophies earned with arena rating, killing bosses and so on.
  • TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited March 2021
    Mannequin with armor sets I like and weapons models I like hanging on the wall.
  • Alchemy lab, storage, and a garden if we get those. Other than that, plants, fountains, ponds, statues etc.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Chests.
  • I'm looking forward to decorating it with my own art. Possibly utilizing some screenshots of my adventures within the game.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As Percimes said not really my thing but I hope it is amazing for those that like it. Over in Rift I used it as storage just to drop stuff off. One of the things I hated about their system was getting things that took up bag space and I couldn't drop out side of the designated space.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • A treasure vault!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If we could take body parts as trophy's in battle... It would all be corpses.

Since I don't think we will see that... Gold and riches.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wonder how many pointy ears one will hold?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    If we could take body parts as trophy's in battle... It would all be corpses.

Since I don't think we will see that... Gold and riches.

Heads from Bounty Hunters
  • edited March 2021
    Whatever is useful and meaningful.
    I don't really care about furniture unless it serves a purpose or provide a benefit, such as beds to sleep and recharge labor in Archeage or other furniture that gives character stats or proficiency in determined vocations.
    Chests to store items, Crafting/processing stands and etc.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Half naked maids with cat ears
  • Half naked maids with cat ears

Only the essentials, truly a man of culture.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Samson wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to decorating it with my own art. Possibly utilizing some screenshots of my adventures within the game.

That would be cool if you could have a photo mode so you could take pictures in-game and then display those pictures in your house. I'd be so down for something like that!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • CadacCadac Member
    A nice comfy chair in game, so I can kick back, and watch PVP arenas on my big screen magic mirror. Naval battles on channel 2.
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
  • JxshuwuJxshuwu Member
    edited March 2021
    Pets, general furniture, crafting station of my profession (If i do cooking, i'd like a kitchen of some sort or if i do enchanting i'd like some sort of enchanter workbench).

Interactive games/tools for when i invite friends over, like dice rolls and card games. Perhaps a musicbox that can change the ambience of the room/house.

Training dummies to test out combo's and practice them.

A creative area like a canvas you can make paintings on or maybe a music instrument to mess around with.

Framed pictures of ingame screenshots.

A fish tank

A showcase of ingame achievements (ofc limited) in the form of trophies and medals? Like, if you reached max level in a profession you receive a furniture item that's a trophy or medal.

• Little items for pets! like toys, food bowls, etc. (for example: a scratching post or ball of yarn for a cat)

Some plants for decoration could maybe look nice, definitely wall art/in game screenshots on the walls would be cool to have as others mentioned^!

Other lil decorations, like dreamcatchers?, maybe some candles for cozier lighting.

a pool table! (not sure if it'd be possible to interact with though but this came to mind for some reason XD)

a koi pond outside? (but I'm not sure if that'd be possible as well lmao)

fairy lights, those are also pretty cozy! (i would prob try to give my house a more cozy vibe)
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited March 2021
    Most likely fishing and hunting trophies, and other pieces that fit a more tribal/witch doctor-ish character.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Tulnar tails for use as whips in the S&M Dungeon.
  • SunboySunboy Member
    edited March 2021
    Traps and love.
  • Storage, storage, and more storage. If there's a way to have storage without a house at all, then I'd go with that.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Trophies would be nice and maids...especially the maids.
  • Trophies would be nice and maids...especially the maids.

Just had a "The Sims" flashback...
  • I don't actually plan to spend too much time at my in-node house, I'll probably make the outsides look as impressive as I can. Then a quite simple interior with a focus on crafting.
  • Chests for items, crafting stations if available, trophies, bed, fireplace, furs. Probably would end up going for the hunter/woodsman style cottage or something on the lines of that.
  • volshvolsh Member
    Storage and crafting stations, maybe a hat rack :)
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    lots of plants
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • DragnonDragnon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A dungeon with a captive audience chair complete with bindings.
    Dwarf Bard