Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What will YOU put in your house?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Btw, would be nice if I can place walls, gates, weapons (arcane towers, arrow carts, catapults whatever) to fortify my freehold.

Ya, I said I support raiding ppl's freehold upon siege success, but the raid-ee should also be able to defend it ... :p
  • Options
    Ive played many MMO games with housing (Im a housing fanatic tbh) I love to design, build and decorate a house. I love to morph furniture to create different items/ looks etc, There is however a huge problem I have found in nearly all the games and that is they seem to vary so much in the respect of what you can actually do, like in some games you can only place an item in a spot, other games you can place where you want but again you cant adjust very much. In others you can colour furniture to the colours you want (but you are restricted to a few colours. Most games only allow you to turn an object around and you cant morph them. I have found 2 games that allow you to build from scratch your own style of house and even they are restricted to 'item counts' depending on size of house (most of which the item counts are too low to get any real detail). Would AoC housing have the X Y and Z axis on furniture? Will there be many housing items available through game play, crafting or will it be mainly store bought items? Hope it wont be the later option. Will you be able to morph furniture to enable creative thinking and designs. Oh and one last thing PLEASE dont have massive pillars going along the inside walls it really does reduce either the space available that you can decorate in due to invisible walls or reduce items slots greatly because you have to use walling to square off the walls so you have straight walls to work with. Will AoC have item slot limits to the amount of decoration you can do in its housing?
    Apologies if these questions have already been asked before, I have tried to find posts on housing which is hard to do because there doesnt seem to be a catagory in search for housing per se. Thank you for reading this long post and look forward to any feedback on it,. Have a great day!!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I heard there are cheap prices at graveyards and battlefields
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Whatever is the most beneficial thing to utilize a house for as a guild leader is what I will be doing. Storage, workshop benches, and the skulls of our enemies hopefully.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great ideas, particularly the framed screenshots.

I've seem some houses and mansions in Archage that were beautifully done, very impressive. I want a nice view off my freehold porch and inside a writing desk, crafting stations, pets, a nice area to entertain friends and colleagues. In the bedroom a nice large bed and a mirror on the ceiling, for roleplaying.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    A pillow fortress so I can cry in my own personal corner of not having a dps meter that will lead inevitable into my own personal hell of not knowing whether I do well enough or not.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    catibriecatibrie Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I hope I can put flowers from my garden in my house. I also love when my house tells the story of my characters adventures. More then anything you should be able to interact with what's in your home. Turning lights on and off. Sitting on chairs, sleeping in beds. Filling bathtubs and turning on music boxes.
  • Options
    Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Cookies.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Housing is a big part of Ashes so I'm curious to know what kinds of things you would fill your in-game housing with. Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you like, and have fun with it :)

A trophy room for the heads of the players I kill in-game.

Gotta keep the saltmines going.
  • Options
    Tulnar snouts.

• Options
    If the house will be instanced, nothing. Unless it has a practical use.
    If the house can be publicly visited anytime, then traps to apply black & white stripe pattern over their cosmetics. Also some reward if they can disarm all traps :smile:
  • Options
    JC31JC31 Member
    edited December 2023
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    If we could take body parts as trophy's in battle... It would all be corpses.

Since I don't think we will see that... Gold and riches.

Heads from Bounty Hunters

Your house is going to be raided, lol.

I like to collect weapons and armor. It would be fun to bring guests to my house and pass out weapons to my friends.

Other than that, security, lots of security!

A short fence not to seem too secluded, but let's others know when they are in my territory.

A flag to represent my home node or country.

@Dragnon I agree, to design my own open world dungeon above or below my free hold would be super fun. The freedom to make changes to my open world dungeon and to even defend it with my very own life would be great.