Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which features are you most excited/hyped for in Ashes of Creation?

JxshuwuJxshuwu Member
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Hi! I know that most here are extremely hyped about the game in general, but what is one specific thing you'd say is the feature you're most excited and hyped for?

Doesn't have to be one, just list your favourites.

Would love to hear, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    For me personally im really looking forward to the caravan transportation system, really hyped for ganking some merchant and looting bank :D
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m really looking forward to the class system and how varied the builds seem to be, to the nodes and how player actions will have real repercussions, and also to the many open world PvP opportunities.
  • Options
    Open world pvp
  • Options
    Well, I always enjoyed pvp and prefered smaller dungeons to raids, so open world dungeons where you can get both are definitely number one for me.
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hmm... feature-wise I think I am still most excited for the Husbandry system. Can't wait to see what Intrepid decide to make out of it. Hopefully it is in-depth and well thought out and has an important role to play in the world, instead of being an "afterthought" system.

However, in general what I am actually looking forwards to the most is to find a new, long term MMO home. It has been so long since I've felt at home in any game, so I hope AoC will give me that feeling again :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A new game that is made by players that like playing this kind of game. That is what I am looking forward to the most. Blizzard was like that in the beginning.

Within the game itself, I am looking forward to the Node/Siege system. I really enjoyed Dark Ages of Camelot and have not seen a good siege system since then. I also love the idea of Dynamic content based on how players build in certain areas of the world. It sounds great. I just hope they can really implement it.

• Options
    Daerax wrote: »
    Well, I always enjoyed pvp and prefered smaller dungeons to raids, so open world dungeons where you can get both are definitely number one for me.
    yes! Im gonna love diving dungeons.
  • Options
    Nelirya wrote: »
    Hmm... feature-wise I think I am still most excited for the Husbandry system. Can't wait to see what Intrepid decide to make out of it. Hopefully it is in-depth and well thought out and has an important role to play in the world, instead of being an "afterthought" system.

However, in general what I am actually looking forwards to the most is to find a new, long term MMO home. It has been so long since I've felt at home in any game, so I hope AoC will give me that feeling again :heart:

This last part hits close haha. I really want that feeling again too, its been so extremely long! That 'home' feeling is a good description.
  • Options
    Mahes wrote: »
    A new game that is made by players that like playing this kind of game. That is what I am looking forward to the most. Blizzard was like that in the beginning.

Within the game itself, I am looking forward to the Node/Siege system. I really enjoyed Dark Ages of Camelot and have not seen a good siege system since then. I also love the idea of Dynamic content based on how players build in certain areas of the world. It sounds great. I just hope they can really implement it.

Agreed! Really hyped for the sieges, but specifically just being a part of large scale battles.
  • Options
    VmanGman wrote: »
    I’m really looking forward to the class system and how varied the builds seem to be, to the nodes and how player actions will have real repercussions, and also to the many open world PvP opportunities.

Tinkering with talents and builds is one of my favourite things to do, as long as it isnt tedious! Looking forward to spending 2 hours thinking about what class subclass to choose.
  • Options
    Node politics. It'll just be fun to watch the drama. And hopefully we'll all be able to participate in our own small way.
  • Options
    Leonerdo5 wrote: »
    Node politics. It'll just be fun to watch the drama. And hopefully we'll all be able to participate in our own small way.

For sure! They're what ties the community together.
  • Options
    AlsopAlsop Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Leonerdo5 wrote: »

+1, Im interested on building up a science node and forging a crafter/gatherer aliance on EU based on meritocracy with week and monthly rewards. I hope i can find people on my server interested on politics.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2021
    Clear stance of what the game aims to bring back. Outright declaration that this game might not be for everyone.

Open world PvP.

Meaningful guild gameplay:
    group progress mandatory past certain lv
    Open world raiding/pvevp
    Help in crafting good gear
    Ships
    Sieges/wars.

Truly lootable caravans.

No 1 char master of all trades means real economy.

Big world that you can't safely skip on a mount. No teleports.

Curious about the future of the node gameplay and the functions/benefits of each type.

Races with good background and ID.

Promise of many activities for players to really progress, not just RP like in eso or ffxiv.

What I am not excited is the concept of the class system "play as you want" because previous games showed that it leads to a false sense of choice, while the reality is a very narrow selection of options to be viable (AA, ESO).

I am also not too excited about all weapons being used by all 8 classes or 64 combos, because this leads to reduced quality of combat animations due to the enormous work required, while still an archer/mage class won't be effective with a polearm, dual wield, two handed, shield and a fighter/roque wont be effective with a magic staff magic wand, a tank will be subpar without a shield, etc etc.
  • Options
    @George Black Actually agree with you on that last point. Albion has this system where ''you are what you wear'' which caused for lazy animation to happen, axes all had similar animations etc.

Im also excited for all the things you mentioned, especially sieges! Looking forward to seeing it ingame.
  • Options
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    @George Black Actually agree with you on that last point. Albion has this system where ''you are what you wear'' which caused for lazy animation to happen, axes all had similar animations etc.

Im also excited for all the things you mentioned, especially sieges! Looking forward to seeing it ingame.

That feature for me is one of the best features in albion, i think the lazy animation don´t have nothing to do with that, you need to remember that you are playing a crappy mobile/pc hybrid engine... And yes you are free to use what you want but you need to specialize in one type of gear and weapon and that take months, if you played with one sword for a week and you gonna play against a player that play for 4 or 5 months with the same sword, you gonna lose because he have higher specialization
  • Options
    Meaningful PvP that actually affects the world and its economy. Not just battlegrounds, or catering to players who just want to sequester themselves in PvE content.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I order:

-Being a denizen in a world where politics and name recognition is important.
    -Meaningful World PvP.
    -Economy.
    -Crafting.
    -Snail Boi.
    -Grinding hard.
    -Watching the lore obsessed care bears quit because the corruption system will never ensure safe travels.

(Bonus) Can't wait for the "Verra Welcoming Committee' to inevitably be established...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    kriinkriin Member
    edited March 2021
    Love me Crafting. Maybe join or make a crafting guild.
  • Options
    Ramirez wrote: »

That feature for me is one of the best features in albion, i think the lazy animation don´t have nothing to do with that, you need to remember that you are playing a crappy mobile/pc hybrid engine... And yes you are free to use what you want but you need to specialize in one type of gear and weapon and that take months, if you played with one sword for a week and you gonna play against a player that play for 4 or 5 months with the same sword, you gonna lose because he have higher specialization

I played albion alot, as it was my main mmo and the best mmo out there for me.
    Grinding a specialization doesn't take months, a single sword took me a few days. I maxed out all my swords in a little over a month which is 7 or 8 weapons. In that crappy mobile/pc hybrid engine, there were still some cool made animations, but they'd use the same animations for all the swords, its just how it is. I wish that if i used a different sword, it'd have a different attack style. But that's just me, i still love the game lol.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I order:

-Being a denizen in a world where politics and name recognition is important.
    -Meaningful World PvP.
    -Economy.
    -Crafting.
    -Snail Boi.
    -Grinding hard.
    -Watching the lore obsessed care bears quit because the corruption system will never ensure safe travels.

(Bonus) Can't wait for the "Verra Welcoming Committee' to inevitably be established...

Love economy as long as it keeps cycling around and rarity and things fluctuate. Could be me personally, but some mmo's economies are boring because they came to a standstill and everything basically had a set price at some point. If there's a system involved (like seasons perhaps) where some items become easier or more difficult to find, it'd fluctuate the markets so you can start flipping.

What is snail boi? :smile:

Yeah i also am looking forward to just having a game to grind again, noice.

• Options
    kriin wrote: »
    Love me Crafting. Maybe join or make a crafting guild.

Hell yeah, i dont think the game allows you to avoid pvp so make sure you're prepared and maybe have some protection.
  • Options
    bigepeen wrote: »
    Meaningful PvP that actually affects the world and its economy. Not just battlegrounds, or catering to players who just want to sequester themselves in PvE content.

Big agree, players need to be moved out of their comfort zone to have new and fresh experiences.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I think between seasons, local markets, and nodes fluctuating. The economy should stay pretty interesting.

This is snail boi:
    01kIb3Q.png
    He is perfect in every way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    ThulfThulf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    1. The new MMORPG feeling
    2. Caravan system (Silkroad > ArcheAge > Albion > BDO)
    3. Resources and crafting
    4. Speciality vs do-it-all
    5. Sailing
    6. Holy trinity
    7. Longer time-to-kill
    8. ... a lot of other things

My only real concern is how well the caravan system will be implemented. If there's way too much time/risk investment for miniscule rewards then it's pretty pointless. Fear of it not being a "fun" thing but more like another boring step in the process of doing something else type of thing.
  • Options

I think between seasons, local markets, and nodes fluctuating. The economy should stay pretty interesting.

This is snail boi:
    01kIb3Q.png

I love snail boi, hes great.
  • Options
    Thulf wrote: »
    1. The new MMORPG feeling
    3. Resources and crafting
    4. Speciality vs do-it-all
    5. Sailing
    6. Holy trinity
    7. Longer time-to-kill
    8. ... a lot of other things

My only real concern is how well the caravan system will be implemented. If there's way too much time/risk investment for miniscule rewards then it's pretty pointless. Fear of it not being a "fun" thing but more like another boring step in the process of doing something else type of thing.

I believe that the team will find a way to balance it after tests. The time/risk thing, the players themselves can take preparations to decrease the risk significantly such as hiring people to 'bodyguard' the caravan and imo there should be a limit to how many people can defend and attack it. All in all, i hope and believe that they'll make it work :D
  • Options
    Node evolution seems very exciting and I would love to see it work.
  • Options
    ThulfThulf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    Thulf wrote: »
    1. ...
    3. ...

My only real concern is how well the caravan system will be implemented...

I believe that the team will find a way to balance it after tests. The time/risk thing, the players themselves can take preparations to decrease the risk significantly such as hiring people to 'bodyguard' the caravan and imo there should be a limit to how many people can defend and attack it. All in all, i hope and believe that they'll make it work :D
    Finding those bodyguards alone already introduces a time investment. Plus the bodyguards need to be guaranteed a share of profits or there is no incentive for them. And just like that you've taken even more risk before you're even set to go. One probably has to collect the mats to transport, too, which is yet another "time investment", and so on. When time equals money, you'd expect even greater returns from it, given how probably complex the system will end up being and all other things considered.

I can only imagine how in fear of it being too profitable they'll just implement artificial limits to everything and render the activity into something more akin to a masochist's paradise without being able to figure out a more proper way to rectify the situation.

I'm low-key expecting it to end up being an afterthought of an aspect to the game given how much effort it would take to make it into something decent (for 0 ROI, too, unless they start pumping out more caravan/ship skins or other cash shop stuff related to this particular system).
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is snail boi:
    01kIb3Q.png

Those legs disturb me for reasons unknown...