Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which features are you most excited/hyped for in Ashes of Creation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thulf wrote: »
    1. The new MMORPG feeling
    2. Caravan system (Silkroad > ArcheAge > Albion > BDO)
    Them i forgot silkroad caravan system, was really good and risky as hell still have good memories
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited March 2021
    1. Zones with dynamic content that aren't forever obsolete or irrelevant once you reach a certain level.

2. A decent range of good-looking gear to choose from.

3. An economy that's tied to interdependence and logistics.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how Intrepid make conflicting design decisions and features work.

The concept of a holy trinity exists for a PvE world. Intrepid have said they want the game to have a solid PvE endgame, with difficult content that gives players something to aspire to. The node system's top end is as much about unlocking PvE content as it is about anything else.

Yet the game it self is decidedly not appealing to PvE players as we currently understand it. It isn't the fact that PvP exists (most top end PvE players would love PvP to be more of a thing), it is the inability to be able to focus on that PvE content. It is the lack of access to data. It is the lack of development discussion on PvE content at all.

Then you have the fact that this game is decidedly not casual friendly, but for some reason Intrepid see fit to include a family summons for casual players.

To me, the most interesting thing about this game is seeing how they reconcile these situations.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how Intrepid make conflicting design decisions and features work.

The concept of a holy trinity exists for a PvE world. Intrepid have said they want the game to have a solid PvE endgame, with difficult content that gives players something to aspire to. The node system's top end is as much about unlocking PvE content as it is about anything else.

Yet the game it self is decidedly not appealing to PvE players as we currently understand it. It isn't the fact that PvP exists (most top end PvE players would love PvP to be more of a thing), it is the inability to be able to focus on that PvE content. It is the lack of access to data. It is the lack of development discussion on PvE content at all.

Then you have the fact that this game is decidedly not casual friendly, but for some reason Intrepid see fit to include a family summons for casual players.

To me, the most interesting thing about this game is seeing how they reconcile these situations.

Sometimes the most simple explanation is the truth...

The game is not for causals and will be a constant PvP bloodbath with no good PvE.

Sounds a lot like a game on the inspirations section of the design pillars page of the wiki... I just can't put my finger on which one... A game Steven has brought up in nearly every interview...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Whitie7Whitie7 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm most looking forward to that feature when you press login you can actually login and play.......
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

Sometimes the most simple explanation is the truth...

The game is not for causals and will be a constant PvP bloodbath with no good PvE.

Sounds a lot like a game on the inspirations section of the design pillars page of the wiki... I just can't put my finger on which one... A game Steven has brought up in nearly every interview...

Oh, I agree, that is quite possibly how the game will end up.

Thing is, if that is how they want the game, they need to drop the notion of the trinity. it fits the game as it was described 4 years ago, but not as it is being talked about now. They need to drop the family summons, as it has never fit the game at all. They need to drop the notion that PvE generates materials with PvP redistributing them, as the game will not have PvE on par with it's PvP.

On the other hand, the interviews could just be a result of someone untrained in PR talking about the game, and unable to help but talk about it from the perspective of games he himself has played.

One thing that is for sure, the way the game is being talked about now is not the same as the way the game was being talked about in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It is also fairly obvious to me that the feature set of the game is better suited to how the game used to be talked about than how it is talked about now.

This is why I find this aspect of the development of this game to be interesting.