Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I got to lvl 60 using this one wierd trick!!!

Casual
Hardcore
No_lifers
&
Cellar Dwellers

Most common classifications I've seen in AoC forums.

I'm dying to know how many hours/day it takes to qualify for the different categories! Please chime in!

I'm dying to know ur opinions. Get it? Cuz I'm a vampire...it's funny...

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    45 days x 5 hours per day = 250 hours.

Casual = 112ish days Avg. 2 hours per day.
    "Hardcore" = 62ish days Avg. 4 hours per day.
    No_lifers = 31ish days Avg. 8 hours per day.
    Cellar Dwellers= 15ish days Avg. 16 hours per day.

Me=Less than 2 weeks. This is the goal I am setting for myself.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Nice @Vhaeyne I have a plan too but you really nailed it.

• Options
    PoliceGirl wrote: »

The trick is to know the difference between a cellar dweller and a no lifer.

A no lifer has a 8 hour job and drives straight home. He plays for 8 hours and looses some sleep from travel time to work and eating.

A cellar dweller lives in their parents cellar and plays for 16 hours a day with no other responsibilities.

I personally will just take vacation starting 2-3 days after launch. This is my gamble that the server will be stable enough for me to log in and level quickly. It is not like I am not going to try to play 8 hours a day those first 2-3 days anyways.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

What is your plan here for having level appropriate content on which to level up on?

Since obviously that content will only exist (as far as we know) with high level nodes - which are expected to take many people many weeks to level up.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »

What is your plan here for having level appropriate content on which to level up on?

Since obviously that content will only exist (as far as we know) with high level nodes - which are expected to take many people many weeks to level up.

This is the thing many people over look.
    Good question.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    @Vhaeyne
    "A no lifer has a 8 hour job and drives straight home. He plays for 8 hours and looses some sleep from travel time to work and eating."

That shit made me laugh.

• Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021

The trick is to know the difference between a cellar dweller and a no lifer.

A no lifer has a 8 hour job and drives straight home. He plays for 8 hours and looses some sleep from travel time to work and eating.

A cellar dweller lives in their parents cellar and plays for 16 hours a day with no other responsibilities.

I personally will just take vacation starting 2-3 days after launch. This is my gamble that the server will be stable enough for me to log in and level quickly. It is not like I am not going to try to play 8 hours a day those first 2-3 days anyways.

Fuck 2-3 days, try a full week. That's my goal. First 9 days that I can play I am doing as much grinding as possible. Assuming intrepid goes live on a weekend. (Pretty please Steven.) XD
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    /passes a cold one to...well @Cold 0ne FTB

Sup. You have an idea of what class you gonna play?

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I wish I could no life or dwell but I will have to settle for a strong hardcore.
    Commuting takes time. Hours are long. Sleep is a must.

I am counting on my organized group play with friends to help us achieve goals at a good pace and remain competitive at random pvp encounters and some caravan attacking or pirating.
    I dont see owning a castle as a possibility anymore.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No life much as I can. Adulting can suck sometimes and consumes to many hours of what should be game play time.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

To be nomad at first. If there is no way to level due to lack of mobs in range. I will just work on grinding resources until XP is possible again. I have been ahead of the curve many times. I know sometimes you get to a point that you can't do stuff without a group and have to wait for a few more people to level.

It might just be weird with the node system. Time will tell.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    It might just be weird with the node system. Time will tell.

Indeed.

I do plan on spending some time in late beta looking for an idea to level quickly. If I find one, I may look at taking time off work.

If I don't find a suitable way to level independantly of the node system though, I think I'll just stick to 4 - 5 hours play a night, knowing that I'm going to keep up just fine.
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, I guess I'm just going to have to return my dog to reach the no lifer status that my heart yearns for.
    "No, Snow, I don't have time to feed, walk, or love you! I need to grind, damnit!"

p.s. This is clearly a joke, I would rather forego the game than give up my dog.
  • Options
    Flipping clickbait.... mutter mutter.... mumble grumble........ :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2021
    Rhuell wrote: »
    I would rather forego the game than give up my dog.

Get your priorities right, dammit!!! :|
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    How did you get to level 60 before the game even launched?

I hope I didn't miss anything.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021

I understand this is how many people use the terms, but I actually don't like defining them just by time spent. To me it tells me very little about the playstyle, and how fast they level. Casual and Hardcore to me are more about mindsets than time played, unless people specifically state they mean Casual and Hardcore in terms of hours played.

Now, this is an old argument and discussion, and one I remember having 15-20 years ago as well. Honestly, not much has happened in terms of getting this definitively defined yet though. :)

The same player can have different playstyles depending on the day as well. I have spent days where I was grinding XP for up towards 16 hours, and days where I quite literally was running circles in Orgrimmar for 16 hours just chatting, and not getting even 1 xp that day.

To me it's about intent and efficiency. You can absolutely be a hardcore player with 2 hours a day on average, if what you do in those two hours is focused on your goal and executed with some efficiency. Grinding XP, dungeon runs, fishing, picking flowers, it doesn't matter. It's all about the mindset and execution, IMO. Obviously, you can be a casual playing 16 hours a day, if you just run around scatterbrained with no goals, accomplishing very little.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

I understand this is how many people use the terms, but I actually don't like defining them just by time spent. To me it tells me very little about the playstyle actually, and how fast they level. Casual and Hardcore to me are more about mindsets than time played, unless people specifically state they mean Casual and Hardcore in terms of hours played.

Now, this is an old argument and discussion, and one I remember having 15-20 years ago as well. Honestly, not much has happened in terms of getting this definitively defined yet though.

The same player can have different playstyles depending on the day as well. I have spent days where I was grinding XP for up towards 16 hours, and days where I quite literally was running circles in Orgrimmar for 16 hours just chatting, and not getting even 1 xp that day.

To me it's about intent and efficiency. You can absolutely be a hardcore player with 2 hours a day on average, if what you do in those two hours is focused on your goal and executed with some efficiency. Grinding XP, dungeon runs, fishing, picking flowers, it doesn't matter. It's all about the mindset and execution, IMO. Obviously, you can be a casual playing 16 hours a day, if you just run around scatterbrained with no goals, accomplishing very little.

I don't disagree at with anything you are saying.

To me all labels like this are just for fun.

I always liked Steven Kings definition of writer: "If you write something, and someone gives you money for it. Then you take that money and pay bills with it. To me you are a writer."

People argue about labels all the time like they are not just extra subjective classifications. Realistically I don't care what someone calls them self so long as it is not a protected title like mayor or doctor with a legal definition.
    Even then it is fine in context. Like Dr. Dre... (surprised no rap artists gave them self the title mayor.)

In any case I made that list as a fun response. It is entirely possible to optimize a 2 hour game session in a way that is beyond casual. I think many speed runners just grind a few hours a day at something like Mario 1. Playing at a skill level and with a purpose that is far beyond casual.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    What about the mythical "Degenerate" class who not only clocks 18+ hours but who comes armed with Ritalin and piss bottles?
  • Options
    Goatrek wrote: »
    What about the mythical "Degenerate" class who not only clocks 18+ hours but who comes armed with Ritalin and piss bottles?

HA! That's funneh. I'll add that guy to the list ~

• Options
    Goatrek wrote: »

"Degenerate" has multiple monitors going. With one eye on the tittles and one eye on the streets...
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    HaHa! @Vhaeyne ...Ok here is the real defining question!

What would get a "degenerate" to leave the computer chair?

• Options
    HaHa! @Vhaeyne ...Ok here is the real defining question!

What would get a "degenerate" to leave the computer chair?

WRo4Wf7.jpg

With this, and mom delivering the chicken tendys... Nothing.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rhuell wrote: »
    Well, I guess I'm just going to have to return my dog to reach the no lifer status that my heart yearns for.
    "No, Snow, I don't have time to feed, walk, or love you! I need to grind, damnit!"

p.s. This is clearly a joke, I would rather forego the game than give up my dog.

Shoulda gone with a cat instead :).