Black Market NPC

I was hoping to see a true black market NPC that could randomly show up at different location on the map, with no association to any groups.

Comments

• Considering there is a Thieves Guild, it's possible something similar might be available at their hideout/NPCs.

However, I don't quite know what you would sell/buy from them that you couldn't get any other way.

You can't steal things in the game, and it'd be pretty counterproductive to have high level gear being sold depending on what the normal requirements to obtain them would be.

So while possible, I don't quite see the usefulness of it.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • OP you should be more elaborate on what you're asking for here. I got nothing from this post.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    JslifeTv wrote: »
    I was hoping to see a true black market NPC that could randomly show up at different location on the map, with no association to any groups.

The problem with this is that most items will be player made, not NPC bought.

I'm not sure what kind of a space for this there could be.
  • Instead of NPC, how about black market player? Maybe they will trade their goods instead of selling them at a shop so no taxes are collected? I don't really expect to see any items that are "illegal" for sale tho, so not exactly sure the reason for a black market.
  • you can't say black market
    African American market
    educate yourself
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Timetoweep wrote: »
    you can't say black market
    African American market
    educate yourself

I'm sure that was supposed to be funny.

It wasnt.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just thinking out loud, but what if items obtained through non-consensual pvp became black market items?
  • akabear wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud, but what if items obtained through non-consensual pvp became black market items?

The only items obtained this way would be gear from corrupted players, which is perfectly ok to have. Non corrupted players only drop gathering items and Grey's that drop from mobs.
  • I like the idea of player stalls that don't pay taxes...it would be cool and mayors would have to chase those illegal stalls and capture the offenders....It would be hard to implement in a balanced way, but I still like the idea...
  • zammwichzammwich Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    make him sell something that clears player corruption but at a very high cost and with limited quantity per spawn. Could create an interesting interaction between corrupted players and those hunting them
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    IDK about a "black market" specifically, but I definitely like the idea of a moving or otherwise secret vendor for top tier crafting gear, or selling otherwise contraband things. @akabear also had a cool idea: maybe 'stolen items' can be bought and sold at these locations?